Volkswagen Golf Variant 2018

Wish69

Hi bros out there, is the Active Info Display A fully digital instrument cluster presents data and information about the vehicle directly in the cockpit via a 12.3-inch high-resolution display....really useful? The look so trendy...

post-169330-0-04293100-1537846615_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement

have had mine on new GTI for last 3wks....

it is very cool to be able to change what you want to display .... digital gear, digital speed , fuel consumption, phone details & Nav display.

the Nav display is too small for my liking.

If given choice, I could do without it.

Analogue dials and digital speedometer is fine. I would not pay extra for it but cane std on Golf range and also offered on Audi A4 and above. That said,

can't beat the cool factor .... rest depends on you!

• Praise 2

I think for next five years, most conti car will use digital cockpit...the new Mercedes A200 cockpit look stylish too.

But only PI is selling at the moment, waiting for C&C to bring in A180 to launch next year. If price not so too much different between the Variant & A180, I might go for the latter.

post-169330-0-76602700-1538026996_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wish69

Nice to show off to frens.

But unnecessarily complicated.

Still prefer a set of nicely designed analogue dials

Actually I don't think it's complicated.

I think it's much easier technically to make just a flat screen and then program different things to appear on it, than to build specific dials, markers, needles, lighting for the numbers and needles, motors to drive the fuel gauge pointer, etc.

One of the reasons when I bought my Passat Exclusiveline was bcos of the AID.  At the time of purchase, the Passat Highline does not comes with the AID.  In my 2 years of using this hardware and system, I found it very user friendly and easy to customise for the info from map, music to car travel info, etc.  My only complaint is that when the GPS is set, the map between the 2 electronic dial is not big enough like those found on Audi's virtual cockpit.

Now when I look at analogue meters, I find them very boring.

One of the reasons when I bought my Passat Exclusiveline was bcos of the AID.  At the time of purchase, the Passat Highline does not comes with the AID.  In my 2 years of using this hardware and system, I found it very user friendly and easy to customise for the info from map, music to car travel info, etc.  My only complaint is that when the GPS is set, the map between the 2 electronic dial is not big enough like those found on Audi's virtual cockpit.

Now when I look at analogue meters, I find them very boring.

I thought there is a button which can toggle between small and big map? And when you choose big map the dials become smaller?

I thought there is a button which can toggle between small and big map? And when you choose big map the dials become smaller?

When u start the navigation, the dials will become smaller but only by a bit.

Well that is for the Passat B8.

distracting.

just give me good old fashion analogue dial will do.

But this will be the direction for most new conti that will be using LCD display instead of analogue meter.

The LCD display are mostly supply by Continental or Bosch.

But this will be the direction for most new conti that will be using LCD display instead of analogue meter.

The LCD display are mostly supply by Continental or Bosch.

Frankly, I find gps on the Speedo console or on the dash is very difficult to read.

• Praise 1

Frankly, I find gps on the Speedo console or on the dash is very difficult to read.

Very true.

For GPS I still prefer my Waze or Google map.

It's true...Waze and Google maps automatic update from our phone but stock GPS has go back to workshop to update and is not live map. 

Look like price go down $1K....Hmm...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1