Malaysia custom officer tore SG passport and denied entry

Yewheng

Its like that one hiadees.  don't be alarmed.  Like some already say, we SGreans are just too rule based.

I myself also experienced many of these.  At odd hours when there are fewer of their kind watching, they will find ways to get $$.

I drove in once with some goods in my boot.  They say its taxable. ask me go level 2 CIQ and pay $500 ringgit. OR PASS HIM $20 cash on the spot n I can go.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

White cards are free bro..

yah I know its free. 

But once a upon a time there was a big shortage of white cards, each time they will give only 1-2 pcs, and many times no white cards. Back then i went in 2-3 times every week with my customers  to play golf. 

He saw my passport chop until so colorful he also know I need the cards, RM10 for 200 pcs of white cards, I distributed to my customers, the intangible I get in return was well worth it lor.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

yah I know its free. 

But once a upon a time there was a big shortage of white cards, each time they will give only 1-2 pcs, and many times no white cards. Back then i went in 2-3 times every week with my customers  to play golf. 

He saw my passport chop until so colorful he also know I need the cards, RM10 for 200 pcs of white cards, I distributed to my customers, the intangible I get in return was well worth it lor.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

just like i always give angpow during cny season, hari raya season  period to those rubbish collector at my parent home (KL). my parent also will give separately,, seriously, 10 ringgit is nothing in malaysia now, cant buy much stuff , but it goes a long way for the whole year...rubbish cleared suisui,... some neighbor have to kbkp them to do proper job...... of cause some self centered would think and argue  "they already have their pay, it's their job to do, blablabla"" . well,.. it's up to them to decide how they want to handle the situation lor... [:p]

• Praise 3

many years back, I asked for white card. He asked me you want many many or not? I put rm10 inside passport, he passed me back passport with 2 stacks of white cards, thats like 200 pcs!!! [:p][laugh][laugh]

i got 1 thick stack from a friend.......he got it from his relative who works for MY immi......a few month later the white card no use oredy.....
  • Praise 2

I had banned traveling to Malaysia for many years.

Why go in and feed those greedy people. I prefer spend my hard earn cash at locally or at others country.

Only place I travel to in Malaysia is penang due to business trip.

But that is a much better place due to the local garmen.

• Praise 2

just like i always give angpow during cny season, hari raya season  period to those rubbish collector at my parent home (KL). my parent also will give separately,, seriously, 10 ringgit is nothing in malaysia now, cant buy much stuff , but it goes a long way for the whole year...rubbish cleared suisui,... some neighbor have to kbkp them to do proper job...... of cause some self centered would think and argue  "they already have their pay, it's their job to do, blablabla"" . well,.. it's up to them to decide how they want to handle the situation lor... [:p]

yah man, a little good will go a long way!!! [thumbsup]

As usual, there will always be ppl of moral high ground who will only go by book, and say ppl spoil market whatever. 

But well, I am the demon, I am selfish, as long as the job is done swee swee and I get the result i want,  go by the book or go by the street, doesnt make much different to me.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

to me is, I buy a little kopi and he song I song, you can go kpkb all you like.  [:p]

i got 1 thick stack from a friend.......he got it from his relative who works for MY immi......a few month later the white card no use oredy.....

This was why they were always running out of white cards. But I also bought a whole booklet. [laugh] [laugh] Never had to fill up on the spot, always fill up at home then go.

Yah man, my customer had his daughter fill in the blanks for him, and even sign on his behalf.  My children were too young to even know how to write properly back then, LL i ownself fill up a few copies every weekend and kept some in the car. 

sibei funny, one stack is 100 copies, the fellow gave me 2 stacks, TBH i was quite surprise... 

when I distributed to my customers and told them the story, all KNN at me... [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

that time was really a white card crisis, it started with low supply of white cards, then no white cards, then no need fill white cards, then need to fill white cards again because they came back with the small white cards, then the bigger white cards came back, then they came out with MACS thingy, and finally totally no need to fill white cards anymore.

The whole thing took a few years to settle down, I think the year was like 2003/4 until they launch MACS somewhere 07/08 . I was very active in/out of MY that period.

so white card did not really gone useless until not too long ago, there was just a period which no need to fill up because there was no stock. They tried to cut cost by printing the smaller ones, but was really a stupid idea... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

that time i also went in every week. Had stacks of them in my car and at home......if not enough need to queue and begged them for more....

As they say, when in Rome do what the Romans do. 

But.... 

I wonder if these supposedly common occurance of demands for bribes are applied across Singaporean passport And Malaysian passport holders. If not, then these customs officers are just targeting Singaporeans. 

During the course of my work, I have foreign patients (mainly PRC), who will stuff money in their passport when they come into the consultation room and pass it to me. The first time I encounter it, I was shocked and puzzled. I thought it is because the patient had forgotten he had kept his cash in his passport. I proceed to just verify the identity and pass back the passport to him. Then it was his turn to have a puzzled look. By the time i was done with the consultation, when the patient was about to leave, he finally blurt out to me telling me that the money inside the passport is for me, to please prescribe him good medicine. I told him that we do not practice this in Singapore and we will always give the best medicine that is suitable for the patient condition. 

After a few times, I realised that it is a common practice in China when the patients go to see the doctors. 

• Praise 3

actually i am quite surprise that they asked for money inside immigration area, dare to tear someone's passport even beyond imagination.

I am not doubting that person, i am thinking a group of people in msia are trying to stir up something.

actually i am quite surprise that they asked for money inside immigration area, dare to tear someone's passport even beyond imagination.

I am not doubting that person, i am thinking a group of people in msia are trying to stir up something.

yah this one is too blatant. Probably serving notice or something.

Usually this happens if traveller is rude or has some misdemeanors.

• Praise 1

This is the reason lo.

Singapore dollar’s rise against the ringgit accelerates to 2018 high

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/singapore-dollar-rise-against-the-ringgit-accelerates-2018-high-10760412

this morning pass by one money changer, saw rate 1:3. 

I think started to go up again after the election, I remember in May the rate was 2.9.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement