2018/2019 New Nissan Sylphy

gwalchgywyn

Hi! I'm going to collect my sylphy later today.

Wonder if anyone has a checklist for new sylphy car?

Thanks!

I think there is a generic checklist here on the forum.

I didn't use any checklist when I collected my car. I just feel that subsequently, when I find any fault,

I expect the SE to follow up on this matter.

I did find my front camera to be problematic after a few weeks. They were not able to resolve it.

I troubleshoot it myself and found that the firmware is not updated. I believe they don't do firmware

upgrading as they replaced a new one for me.

Ic. Where can I find this group chat you are talking about?

Do look at post #1361 from genesiscarriage.

I have copied and paste his post here below:

Hi Sylphy Owners,

We do have an informal whatsapp group where current owners share tips, discussion and other issues related to Sylphy. We welcome new and existing owners to join us. You can PM me your name and HP no so that I can include you into the group.

Thanks,

Patrick  

• Praise 1

I think there is a generic checklist here on the forum.

I didn't use any checklist when I collected my car. I just feel that subsequently, when I find any fault,

I expect the SE to follow up on this matter.

I did find my front camera to be problematic after a few weeks. They were not able to resolve it.

I troubleshoot it myself and found that the firmware is not updated. I believe they don't do firmware

upgrading as they replaced a new one for me.

Do look at post #1361 from genesiscarriage.

I have copied and paste his post here below:

Hi Sylphy Owners,

We do have an informal whatsapp group where current owners share tips, discussion and other issues related to Sylphy. We welcome new and existing owners to join us. You can PM me your name and HP no so that I can include you into the group.

Thanks,

Patrick

Thanks a lot! Will check it out!

Neutral Newbie

Hi, new owner of sylphy here. Owned this car since March 18 and current mileage is 6k.

Been hearing some ‘creeping’ noise from the rear left. Seems like it is coming from the external. Will notice it when i travelled on bumpy roads at about 80km/h. Been checking for the source but could not find it. Told the car tester during the 2nd servicing but the noise did not ‘appear’ during the test drive. This, the maintenance agent does not want to register it in the service sheet.

Can check does anyone has this problem or know the source of the noise?

• Praise 1

Hi all,

I'm gonna collect my New Sylphy very soon... its my first car and im super thrilled.. I'm new to this forum too.. a big hello to everyone who drives a Nissan.

Rafi

• Praise 2

Hi all,

I'm gonna collect my New Sylphy very soon... its my first car and im super thrilled.. I'm new to this forum too.. a big hello to everyone who drives a Nissan.

Rafi

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Thank you.. agent managed to get the COE ($31997) for me today.. will be getting the car by mid September... whoohoo!
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

Rafi

Congrats and welcome to Sylphy club.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi Sylphy Owners,

Thanks,

Patrick

Hihi, can add me in? Driving an ancient 2006 model just 3 months ago..
  • Praise 1

Hi all,

Just collected my new Sylphy two days ago from TC. Overall a way better upgrade from my ancient Avante.

Can i check if anyone knows why there is a beep emitting everytime i drive over a hump or uneven road? I thought this might be from the dashcamera that TC installed foc.

Is there also a sylphy whatsapp group?

Hi Sylphy Owners,

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Jin here, can add me into the whatsapp group? Thanks!

Can I join the sylphy whatsapp group?

I do want to join the sylphy chats group too.

May I know is the spark plug iridium ?

If not - what model of the plug can I get ?

Any other little mod to add-on - thank you. 

Have just been driving my new Sylphy 1.6L Premium for 1 month, previously owned Altis Elegance09. We have decided to choose Sylphy because my wife has changed her impression on Nissan after test drive and made decision on spot to book the car in Jul and saved more than 20K compared with Altis(not even Elegance). BM has overpriced their cars for quite sometime. Although the new Sylphy is not perfect but it doesn't disappoint us generally:

The FC is good, between 17.2 to 17.6 (70% Expressway, 30% City);

Cabin is quite spacious and my parents-in-law love it, especially for the rear aircon;

It is quiet, smooth and quite powerful on climbing the slope.

Few complaints are:

---the pickup speed is a bit slow;

---doesn't have Speed Sensing Door-Auto-Lock. Need to pay extra $195 to intall the Car Alarm to get this feature;

----aircon on driver seat is not as cool as front passenger seat at the same temperature setting; may need to ask TC to check when book 5K service.

Anyways, Nissan has improved their engine performance and exterior and interior design and it's quite value for money in comparison with similar Japanese Made.

Want to join the Sylphy WhatsApp group...anyone here can PM me how to join. Thanks

Have just been driving my new Sylphy 1.6L Premium for 1 month, previously owned Altis Elegance09. We have decided to choose Sylphy because my wife has changed her impression on Nissan after test drive and made decision on spot to book the car in Jul and saved more than 20K compared with Altis(not even Elegance). BM has overpriced their cars for quite sometime. Although the new Sylphy is not perfect but it doesn't disappoint us generally:

The FC is good, between 17.2 to 17.6 (70% Expressway, 30% City);

Cabin is quite spacious and my parents-in-law love it, especially for the rear aircon;

It is quiet, smooth and quite powerful on climbing the slope.

Few complaints are:

---the pickup speed is a bit slow;

---doesn't have Speed Sensing Door-Auto-Lock. Need to pay extra $195 to intall the Car Alarm to get this feature;

----aircon on driver seat is not as cool as front passenger seat at the same temperature setting; may need to ask TC to check when book 5K service.

Anyways, Nissan has improved their engine performance and exterior and interior design and it's quite value for money in comparison with similar Japanese Made.

Want to join the Sylphy WhatsApp group...anyone here can PM me how to join. Thanks

HI bro,

Congrats on your new ride.

I am waiting for mine.

↡ Advertisement