2018/2019 New Nissan Sylphy

gwalchgywyn

Two years plus ago there were plenty of slyphy and teana on the road. Now hardly see them.

I reckon face-lift should be round the corner.

Slyphy ancestor should be the sunny. A MIJ workhorse that don't breakdown at all.

↡ Advertisement

At least it looks better.

Yes look/power go for altis as the car is lighter than slyphy.

However slyphy win by its comfy seat and better insulated interior.

2 cents.

Slyphy still quite a lot on the roads.

Teana can understand why since TC did not import the replacement model for it.

Is it. I hardly see them on the road, at least aye and Tuas area. More altis and mazda.
  • Praise 1

Is it. I hardly see them on the road, at least aye and Tuas area. More altis and mazda.

Not that bad la.

I can see at least one everyday.  [laugh]

So far haven't seen any facelifted Slyphy on the roads yet. 

The interior of this facelift Sylphy still about the same as the pre-facelift model?

The interior of this facelift Sylphy still about the same as the pre-facelift model?

Think so.

Haven't go down showroom see.

4+ yr old liao.

Overall ok and comfortable spaciousness.

Issues.

Body paint really feel "fragile"? Lots of paint scraps.. never owned other brands before, so not sure normal or not.

FC.. about 10.5, mostly city. Maybe can't complain..

Hi all,

Just placed a booking for the Sylphy over the weekend. Could anyone add me into the informal whatsapp group? Thanks

BTW what colour did you guys go for the exterior, interior, and upholstery?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

Just placed a booking for the Sylphy over the weekend. Could anyone add me into the informal whatsapp group? Thanks

BTW what colour did you guys go for the exterior, interior, and upholstery?

I went for deep iris grey for my exterior and grey leather seats.

Hi I just got the COE on 21st, going to get the car soon. Any advice for me?

Can please add me into the slyphy whatsapp group chat 

you booked during the expo car show ?

no, few days before car show, now got the COE and the car last week.

But how to add to the Whatsapp group, anyone can add me in ? 

2020 Nissan Sentra Leaks Early

https://carbuzz.com/news/2020-nissan-sentra-leaks-early

The current seventh-generation Nissan Sentra has been on the market since the 2013 model year without any major changes. Nissan just updated the car for 2019 with new technology and a slightly higher price, though we haven't heard much news regarding the next-generation Sentra, until now.

Almuraba.net has obtained leaked photos of the 2020 Nissan Sylphy, which is what Nissan calls the Sentra in China. Using alternate names for a car in different markets is common practice in the automotive industry - the Sentra has also gone by the names Sunny, Teana, Pulsar, and Tsuru in other markets.

535524.jpg

From the leaked photos we can see the new Sentra will adopt the similar styling to the new Altima and Maxima. This new Sentra will be lower, wider, and longer than the current model. In terms of dimensions, the car is 183.1 inches long, 71.4 inches wide, and 57 inches high with a wheelbase of 106.7 inches (0.47 inches longer than the outgoing model). The Sentra will borrow Nissan's signature V-Motion grille and boomerang-shaped LED headlights and DRLs. We can also see two different wheel types - a more basic silver hubcap wheel and a sportier two-tone wheel for higher trim levels.

535527.jpg

Under the hood sits a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine producing 137 horsepower (13 more than the current model). This engine will send power to the front wheels through either a six-speed manual or continuously variable transmission. So far we have only seen the standard Sentra, so it is unknown if a new turbocharged Nismo model will arrive at a later time.

Expect to see the 2020 Nissan Sylphy at the 2019 Shanghai Auto Show on April 16. The US-Spec Sentra is also expected to make its debut sometime this year, possibly at the 2019 New York Auto Show, which starts just one day after the Shanghai Show.

535526.jpg

535525.jpg