Who like dogs?

Discoburg

Yes he have passed and i always wanted to get another but then we just can't do it. I really do miss a dog as we are both childless. The home got very quiet when Treo left us. His toys, chou chou (pillows) are still around, his photos are all around the house and his urn sits on my dining table.

Especially my wife as she always feel that we no other furkid can replace Treo. Thats why Molly is not in my house.

Every morning i will sit on the floor and he hop on to my lap and he will get his massage and back scratches. Then when i stood up to change into work wear he will belly up for his belly scratches.

Really gets very emotional talking about him and i had been tearing non stop since i composed that long post of mine. I think my colleagues are thinking i am mad or lost all my money in the stock markets.

Still too soon lah.

One day, you will chance upon another baby with Treo’s soul in its eyes looking back at you. That’s when your family will be complete again. It won’t be a replacement, it’ll be an addition.

[bigcry]

Still too soon lah.

One day, you will chance upon another baby with Treo’s soul in its eyes looking back at you. That’s when your family will be complete again. It won’t be a replacement, it’ll be an addition.

the smell part esp for cats i think depend alot on the cat is free roaming or not??.

my cats is free 1 , go any where she want in / out the house, we dun smell any thing.

but i go to some friends home, their breeded cat is keep purely indoor only, even i find the smell very strong for some 1 used to cat.

( different method of maintenance i think ??)

i have 5 cats now (had 6 before). all indoor cats. i seldom bath them (max 2 times a year) as 4 of them are > 14 years old.

my friends say my home does not have cat smell. maybe it's the maintenance part.

i have been to a cat foster home before. she had i think 10 kittens and cats. the smell is not strong also. but kittens does not smell as good as  a grown cat since they don't know how to groom properly.

small dog would be better suited unless you willing bring a large dog for walk everyday..... young fun.... it's when they get old... that's the troublesome and sim tia part....

2 kids one dog still ok ... considering when your dog is old.. your kids also old enough help you take care of the dog....

Yes he have passed and i always wanted to get another but then we just can't do it. I really do miss a dog as we are both childless. The home got very quiet when Treo left us. His toys, chou chou (pillows) are still around, his photos are all around the house and his urn sits on my dining table. 

Especially my wife as she always feel that we no other furkid can replace Treo. Thats why Molly is not in my house.

everyone of them is unique and never replaceable. but having another furkid is not to replace treo, rather, it is for you and her to love and grow old with.

By the way guys and gals, i am not portraying to be the ultimate furkid dad. I also had neglected Treo throughout the years. Its always you never appreciate the good things around you till they are gone. I often come home from work, switch on pc or tele and neglect him. Only played with him in-between breaks or when my wife screams at me that he is licking his own paws again (when he gets really bored). Or when he will purposely pee elsewhere then his pee tray to get attention.

This is what i had regretted in life after he departed. I did spent time with him but i can do much more. So i urged all humans to think thrice about getting a dog home. They are really not a play thing or a toy. They have feelings, brains and emotions too. Don't abandon them or give them up when kids get sick of time or when you have no 'time' for them or when they are old and sick. FÜCK YOU to those who do that!

• Praise 1

I really wanted to have a dog as a pet since young. I often play with dogs as my relatives have dogs as pets and can play with them when I visit my relatives.

But I really have no time to take care of them. Neglecting them is one of the worst thing to do to them. Maybe one day when I stopped working, I might just have one, drive him around.

... So i urged all humans to think thrice about getting a dog home. They are really not a play thing or a toy. They have feelings, brains and emotions too. Don't abandon them or give them up when kids get sick of time or when you have no 'time' for them or when they are old and sick. FÜCK YOU to those who do that!

The above sentence is very true. 

Same as many Bros & Sis here, always wanted a furkid when I was young but mom don't allow. 

When my daughter says she wanted a dog about 3 years ago, it triggers my thought back to have a furkid.

Finally, took the plunge an adopted an 8 year old furkid back then.

You must be very commited and have alot of patience to have a furkid. Walk him, feed him, spend time to bond with him and even reduce the number of holidays per year (For my case, we need to make arrangment for his boarding as we only board him at him rescuer house and will miss him).

The cost of having a furkid is not cheap too. Grooming, food, daily necessities, bring him to the Vet if he is sick etc.

So please do not adopt a furkid on impulse.

By the way, this is my furkid and he is 11 this year.

post-14673-0-31730600-1538024807_thumb.jpgpost-14673-0-74502700-1538024816_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blackaccent
  • Praise 9

When Treo is around, we never take holidays together. Either me or my wife will have to stay bak and be with him. I remember the first time we left him alone is right after our wedding when we went for our honeymoon. He was only a few months back back then and he home stayed with the wife's colleague who also had a schnauzer. Then the second time we went overseas was in 2006 and my in-laws actually came to my house and stayed with Treo till like 9pm then leave him. Treo behaved fine then and when we came back i brought Treo to visit my on-laws to thank them. He actually bit my FIL and i was shocked. After that he became very aggressive when he was left alone so we deduced that he developed separation anxiety and never left him alone again.

The above sentence is very true. 

Same as many Bros & Sis here, always wanted a furkid when I was young but mom don't allow. 

When my daughter says she wanted a dog about 3 years ago, it triggers my thought back to have a furkid.

Finally, took the plunge an adopted an 8 year old furkid back then.

You must be very commited and have alot of patience to have a furkid. Walk him, feed him, spend time to bond with him and even reduce the number of holidays per year (For my case, we need to make arrangment for his boarding as we only board him at him rescuer house and will miss him).

The cost of having a furkid is not cheap too. Grooming, food, daily necessities, bring him to the Vet if he is sick etc.

So please do not adopt a furkid on impulse.

By the way, this is my furkid and he is 11 this year.

attachicon.gifIMG_6009.JPGattachicon.gifULVL1084.JPG

anyway for those that need someone to look after when you are on holiday... you can try petbacker app....

i tried it the first time in Aug and was happy with it

https://www.petbacker.com/

basically you list your dogs and it's needs or quirks and people will give you quote and you decide which is best fitted for you

i found a lady that helped me board for less than $300 for 10 days. including transport 

• Praise 2

When Treo is around, we never take holidays together. Either me or my wife will have to stay bak and be with him. I remember the first time we left him alone is right after our wedding when we went for our honeymoon. He was only a few months back back then and he home stayed with the wife's colleague who also had a schnauzer. Then the second time we went overseas was in 2006 and my in-laws actually came to my house and stayed with Treo till like 9pm then leave him. Treo behaved fine then and when we came back i brought Treo to visit my on-laws to thank them. He actually bit my FIL and i was shocked. After that he became very aggressive when he was left alone so we deduced that he developed separation anxiety and never left him alone again.

Some furkids has seperation anxiety issues to the extend that they will do actions that injured themselevs.

Mine has no issues to be left alone but has to wear a collar cos he has the tendency to nibble/lick his own paws when he is bored and he has some skin allergy issue. Now he is also on long term skin allergy medication.

During normal weekdays, my kids will only be back from school around 3 plus so before that he will be alone at home from 9 plus in the morning.

Reason why I only board him over at the rescuer place is that he has been neglected by two previous owner hence he feels more secure with somone whom he trust. He is also abit protective when strangers tends to be too affectionate with him. In order to let him have a sense of security, both my daughter and I agreed to board him only at the rescuer house if we were to go for holidays. But we will miss him as we are kind of use to see him everyday and everynight he sleeps next to my bed.

The few years he spent in this current house we are living in, he was left to roam the house. I have IP cams installed just to look at him when we are out. Apparently the time he spend is on my couch or at the foyer waiting for us to be home. However i do come home to spend time with him during lunch hours and then back to work.

I never wanna try to leave him alone after the Japan trip with the Mrs. We love him so much to sacrifice the trips together. He also sleeps on my bed and now his smelly pillows are mine and i need to sniff them every night before i sleep and place the 2 small pillows on my pillow as he always share my pillow with me.  [bigcry]

Damn it i a bit regretted starting this thread.  Made me cry every time i post in here.

Some furkids has seperation anxiety issues to the extend that they will do actions that injured themselevs.

Mine has no issues to be left alone but has to wear a collar cos he has the tendency to nibble/lick his own paws when he is bored and he has some skin allergy issue. Now he is also on long term skin allergy medication.

During normal weekdays, my kids will only be back from school around 3 plus so before that he will be alone at home from 9 plus in the morning.

Reason why I only board him over at the rescuer place is that he has been neglected by two previous owner hence he feels more secure with somone whom he trust. He is also abit protective when strangers tends to be too affectionate with him. In order to let him have a sense of security, both my daughter and I agreed to board him only at the rescuer house if we were to go for holidays. But we will miss him as we are kind of use to see him everyday and everynight he sleeps next to my bed.

The few years he spent in this current house we are living in, he was left to roam the house. I have IP cams installed just to look at him when we are out. Apparently the time he spend is on my couch or at the foyer waiting for us to be home. However i do come home to spend time with him during lunch hours and then back to work.

I never wanna try to leave him alone after the Japan trip with the Mrs. We love him so much to sacrifice the trips together. He also sleeps on my bed and now his smelly pillows are mine and i need to sniff them every night before i sleep and place the 2 small pillows on my pillow as he always share my pillow with me.  [bigcry]

Damn it i a bit regretted starting this thread.  Made me cry every time i post in here.

Bro, I feel you.

Though our furkid is only with us for about three year, we treat him like our own family members.

Sometimes I wonder If we can take it when my he crosses the rainbow bridge... [:(]

Can keep costs down a little by having short haired breeds, or feeding your furry friends real food (chicken, carrots etc) instead of artificial processed food.  Healthier too!

The Mrs and I always spoke about that and i always tell her we deal with it when the time comes. It came and hit me real hard. Much more then her cause he was closer to me.

Bro, I feel you.

Though our furkid is only with us for about three year, we treat him like our own family members.

Sometimes I wonder If we can take it when my he crosses the rainbow bridge... [:(]

↡ Advertisement