Who like dogs?

Discoburg

Almost confirmed getting the dog. Going down to see the pup on Tuesday. Probably handover in one or two weeks time.

Excited. Thinking of some potential names now.

Congrats on your new kid!

Name her something that’s not embarrassing at the vet... haha. Have heard a few names that caused some sniggers, eg Dickface cos the poor husky’s blaze was a phallic shape...

↡ Advertisement

Put newspaper and let him shit on it. Me and my kids like dogs but lady boss forbid us having one.

Yeah but he been trained to shit only when he is brought out for his walks

Almost confirmed getting the dog. Going down to see the pup on Tuesday. Probably handover in one or two weeks time.

So what breed are you getting?

Actually it's a misconception. Putting aside dogs with health problems or reasons, in principle all dogs can take raw, it's the most natural form of food for them.

However, when we put our human mindset into the whole equation, we somehow feel the food needs to be cooked. It's probably down through the years when dogs have been eating off the owners table which are human food anyway.

My dog was on cooked food till 7 mths old then we switched him to raw. He is doing great so far :D

Ideally yes but in actual practise no.

Feeding raw will also need to be careful of parasites, bacteria and potential salmonella if not careful.

Not all will do well on raw. Case by case. Some also have allergies to certain meats.

But regardless raw or cooked, both are much better than those cheapo commercially available kibble. Even those vet shop science diet kibble is crap.

• Praise 3

Congrats

Turbocharged

Ideally yes but in actual practise no.

Feeding raw will also need to be careful of parasites, bacteria and potential salmonella if not careful.

Not all will do well on raw. Case by case. Some also have allergies to certain meats.

But regardless raw or cooked, both are much better than those cheapo commercially available kibble. Even those vet shop science diet kibble is crap.

When I mean raw, it is Barf (biologically approved raw food.

So risk of bacterial n parasites are low.

• Praise 1

Congrats!! :)

• Praise 1

Nice, u have prior experience before?

used to have a mongrel when i was a kid and i guess being a mongrel grass training her was easy , took only 1 day to fully grass train her. so i don't think that can be considered as "prior experience". 

As for my poodle , due the breed being smart so she was pee tray trained after just 1 time of placing her on the tray right after she peed on the floor.

Its my pom that was a huge challenge , i spent a good 6 months trying to pee tray him but still failed. So i grass train him instead , took 1 week to fully grass train him.

• Praise 1

Not sure if this was posted before - as it happened back in 16/17 - but came across this touching story of an Australian living in Ireland, who took part in an extreme race in China Gobi desert, and made friends with a stray dog there.

The dog ran part of the race with him and stayed by his side most of the time. He wanted to adopt the dog and bring her back to Ireland - but not before losing her, and then reuniting with her, as well as 6-mth quarantine...

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/scottish-marathon-runner-finally-brings-home-stray-dog-that-ran-with-him-for-126-km-through-chinese-desert

• Praise 3

Nice... happy grooming

Not sure if this was posted before - as it happened back in 16/17 - but came across this touching story of an Australian living in Ireland, who took part in an extreme race in China Gobi desert, and made friends with a stray dog there.

The dog ran part of the race with him and stayed by his side most of the time. He wanted to adopt the dog and bring her back to Ireland - but not before losing her, and then reuniting with her, as well as 6-mth quarantine...

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/scottish-marathon-runner-finally-brings-home-stray-dog-that-ran-with-him-for-126-km-through-chinese-desert

Blardy hell... crowdfund to bring the dog back but sit plane sit business class

Turbocharged

i find the 6 mth quarantine period a little overdone. AVA has the same rules. 

a dog averages 12 to 15 yr of life. 6 mth is ~4% of its life. a cat averages 15 years. So the same 4% applies.

perhaps 3 mths of quarantine? from a layman perspective, any potential disease would already have surfaced?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1