Who like dogs?

Discoburg

I really admire you having a big and open heart to welcome in other furkids in your life. Mine shut totally after Treo's passing. I dare not and shudder at the thought of having another one leave me. Till today i am still surrounded by his toys, pillows, damages in the house created by him. His urn is just sitting on my dining table where i talk to him everytime i take a seat there. Some of my friends say i am crazy but me and the mrs can't bear to leave him with others while we are away. So we didn't travel together from 2005 till 2015. 2004 is when we welcomed him into our family and after that we never leave him without one of us again.

Yes. This is the most difficult issue about having a furkid. Always be a kid to us no matter how old they become.

Current schnauzer is approaching 12 human years this year. 3rd furkid.

Affects ppl differently. No right or wrong about whether to continue having a new furkid or not anymore. Its very personal and the pain not any lesser from losing a human loved one.

First 2 furkids were abused dogs and rescued/adopted. One was found at 1 year plus in a drain. The other, 2 years plus was found caked with own faeces, pee and had bad open sores in a cage that he outgrew from a puppy. He refused to look at his owner the day i held him in my arms. Yes, he was to be put down if no one wants him. He eventually died at age 7 from suspected tainted canned dog food. That was the period where they found melamine added to dog food. Bobby had kidney problems. Despite hospitalisation, medication, he passed away in my arms at home. Suddenly he started panting in the middle of the night and got into my arms. Died almost immediately.

6 months later, bought a schnauzer puppy from a friend's litter. This little salt n pepper furball of a fellow from a litter of 5 others came to me, got onto my open palm and rested there. Its been often said that dogs are actually the ones who choose their owners.

12 years soon this year. Lost a few tooth but still a handsome lad. More whites in hair and still behaves like a puppy.

Will i get another if this macho fellow calls it a day? Likely. Cos the happy and close bonding, to my personal opinion, far outweighs the painful separation.

I am happy to love and be loved by all my furkids. Each one is unique. Each one just adds to the depth of conviction that we need each other on this very short journey. Every memory is precious. Even the periods of looking after them when they fell ill were strengthening one's belief that love is not unique only to human race. We can co-exist in peace and enjoy each other's company as long as one never cross any unnatural line.

Thank you for your sharing. 4 years is a long time to grieve. Treo must have been a very very special furkid and one so blessed to be thus loved.

Take care and have a good week. Safe ride.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Quite true that corgis are noisy. A friend adopted one and it was rather aggressive & very noisy.

Maybe that's the reason why it was given up for adoption.

Personally I dislike certain dogs just from their appearances alone, especially those body disproportionate ones.

I like dogs as long as they don't jump at me, lick me or bark too much.

I guess I like them only when they are sleeping? [laugh]

Supersonic

I really admire you having a big and open heart to welcome in other furkids in your life. Mine shut totally after Treo's passing. I dare not and shudder at the thought of having another one leave me. Till today i am still surrounded by his toys, pillows, damages in the house created by him. His urn is just sitting on my dining table where i talk to him everytime i take a seat there. Some of my friends say i am crazy but me and the mrs can't bear to leave him with others while we are away. So we didn't travel together from 2005 till 2015. 2004 is when we welcomed him into our family and after that we never leave him without one of us again.

Thanks for sharing that beloved Treo was a schnauzer too.

Just as there are ppl who, in their lifetime, have love for only that one person in their heart, so there are also ppl who have love for that one special furkid in their lifetime.

Some take longer to grieve and let go. Some never. Whatever you and wifey hold dear and precious, Treo is definitely in a much better place now, no pain.

From a dog lover to another, more so since we share a similar breed, Schnauzers, slowly slowly slowly let go of the grief. More so because the departed will want the living to. No guilt no regrets. Just happy memories.

Pls dun take offence. No need to admire me for my big, open heart. You are a one-furkid parent. You loved with your heart and you will not be able to embrace another. That's just who you are. Nothing wrong at all. Respect your steadfastness!

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

My Treo.

post-3626-0-47080900-1557754548_thumb.jpg

I really have tried to let go of Treo but i can't. The memories really to me is just like yesterday. Still so fresh in my mind of he snuggling up beside me. Climbing on to my lap when i sit cross legged. Resting his head on my pillow like its his. Welcoming me home every single time i stepped through the door frame.

Thanks for sharing that beloved Treo was a schnauzer too.

Just as there are ppl who, in their lifetime, have love for only that one person in their heart, so there are also ppl who have love for that one special furkid in their lifetime.

Some take longer to grieve and let go. Some never. Whatever you and wifey hold dear and precious, Treo is definitely in a much better place now, no pain.

From a dog lover to another, more so since we share a similar breed, Schnauzers, slowly slowly slowly let go of the grief. More so because the departed will want the living to. No guilt no regrets. Just happy memories.

Pls dun take offence. No need to admire me for my big, open heart. You are a one-furkid parent. You loved with your heart and you will not be able to embrace another. That's just who you are. Nothing wrong at all. Respect your steadfastness!

Safe ride
Cheers

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Old man Hydee

Yes. Not easy. Letting go of grief is toughest. I understand. He's never really left cos he's in your heart and memories. Grief is a step closer to accepting he's in a better place and doing very well. Take your time.

post-34737-0-27824300-1557756844_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

I like dogs as long as they don't jump at me, lick me or bark too much.

I guess I like them only when they are sleeping? [laugh]

You forgot to add in...no pee or poo too.

Better get doggy soft toy or statue of dog. LOL.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Life in the doghouse on Netflix.

Great show about dog rescue. The number of abandoned animals is shocking.

• Praise 4

(edited)

00631beb69ad5d8a7336f73489d3c7df.jpg

Its difficult but your pup who passed will probably be happy if you save another one or two. I wish I have a bigger house so I can rescue and bring more home.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 7

it looks like it was caught doing something it should not have done.

Haha no la. Went to boss’s house and played with his poodle.

Nice mischievous fellow there. Tot u got yourself a new furkid. Nvm. I understand.

Here's my boy saying "Hello! Have a good weekend"

Safe ride

Cheers

Still can’t get myself to have another furkid.

Cutie schnauzer

• Praise 1

(edited)

You are also one of my bosses. The others are @hoseyboh @freeder

Din know U got Boss [grin]

Edited by Discoburg