Who like dogs?

Discoburg

Different school of thoughts. I never feed my Treo raw food.

Different dogs have different resilience levels. Not all have tough stomachs. Even mongrels some have sensitive tummies.
  • Praise 1

Thats true. I used to be a feeder to some strays at my old working place. Only fed them cooked food. Kibbles or cooked duck neck, head and meat.

Different dogs have different resilience levels. Not all have tough stomachs. Even mongrels some have sensitive tummies.

Actually it's a misconception. Putting aside dogs with health problems or reasons, in principle all dogs can take raw, it's the most natural form of food for them.

However, when we put our human mindset into the whole equation, we somehow feel the food needs to be cooked. It's probably down through the years when dogs have been eating off the owners table which are human food anyway.

My dog was on cooked food till 7 mths old then we switched him to raw. He is doing great so far :D

• Praise 2

Actually it's a misconception. Putting aside dogs with health problems or reasons, in principle all dogs can take raw, it's the most natural form of food for them.

However, when we put our human mindset into the whole equation, we somehow feel the food needs to be cooked. It's probably down through the years when dogs have been eating off the owners table which are human food anyway.

My dog was on cooked food till 7 mths old then we switched him to raw. He is doing great so far :D

Mine after he reach senior years cannot eat raw leh. Will vomit and LS.

Mine after he reach senior years cannot eat raw leh. Will vomit and LS.

U already say senior years, I attribute that to health reasons. Again, even if u introduce raw, it has to be a transition period, cannot jump straight from cook to raw directly.

U already say senior years, I attribute that to health reasons. Again, even if u introduce raw, it has to be a transition period, cannot jump straight from cook to raw directly.

Puppy time he ate raw all the way until about 9 years old. But the brat prefers cooked food anyway. Let him choose now and he scoffs at raw.
  • Praise 2

Puppy time he ate raw all the way until about 9 years old. But the brat prefers cooked food anyway. Let him choose now and he scoffs at raw.

Haha, because human cooked food always smells good.
  • Praise 1

Haha, because human cooked food always smells good.

Yes... I did a test a few years ago.

Had some leftover boiled intestines so gave him some for the first time and he seemed to like it. So a week after I presented him with both cooked and raw.... he gimme the “wtf” face when I insisted he eat raw and struggled to get to the cooked.

Almost confirmed getting the dog. Going down to see the pup on Tuesday. Probably handover in one or two weeks time.

Excited. Thinking of some potential names now.

• Praise 2

Almost confirmed getting the dog. Going down to see the pup on Tuesday. Probably handover in one or two weeks time.

Potential names? Hmmm.... Who in the forum u like most?

choose a few names, call the pup with those names and see which he responds to.

Thats what the breeders taught me  [laugh]

but fortunately for me, he responded to the only 1 name i chosen.  :wub:

14232598_10208297824455558_2258305364399

Edited by Yeshe
  • Praise 5

choose a few names, call the pup with those names and see which he responds to.

Thats what the breeders taught me [laugh]

but fortunately for me, he responded to the only 1 name i chosen. :wub:

14232598_10208297824455558_2258305364399

Pembroke Welsh corgi?

Getting a female dog. Cos both options are girls.

OK la. Been searching and doing some thinking for last one hour. Came down to about two names.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Congrats.  :a-m1212:

Take good care of your new friend. 

• Praise 1

Congrats. :a-m1212:

Take good care of your new friend.

Part of the family. The most likely name will start with the same letter as my kids' English names.

Pembroke Welsh corgi?

Getting a female dog. Cos both options are girls.

OK la. Been searching and doing some thinking for last one hour. Came down to about two names.

yep, i cannot ask for more.

He doesnt bark at people, only other dogs or vacuum cleaners because of the irritating sound.

Pee and poo only outdoors, doesnt beg for food, very good with people. 

only problem, corgi sheds alot!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Siao gao :XD:
↡ Advertisement