2020 Honda Fit / Jazz (4th Generation)

Carbon82

48 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-tokyo-motor-show/hybrid-only-honda-jazz-revealed 

Looks like it's going to be Hybrid-only for the new Jazz/Fit even outside Europe. Detailed specifications on powertrains not released yet though. 

Whilst Hybrid is a good choice, it costs more than petrol and hence if Jazz is to be the entry model for Honda locally then it must bring in the petrol version. However, Kah could use City as the petrol entry version for its cars and make this Jazz 1 step higher but I personally hope not as a entry level HB has a market here esp for first time and lady drivers who like nippy cars as it's easier to manoeuvre.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

12 hours ago, ferrytales said:

What happened to Honda designers, these are damn fugly and look like nissan note. 

Must admit it doesn't look that appealing from the pics but as I always say, let's reserve comments till we see in the flesh as pics can mislead either way.

• Praise 3

On 10/16/2019 at 10:26 AM, ferrytales said:

if i was looking for a reliable compact hatchback and pricing aside, it will be swift 1.0t vs jazz 1.5. note and space star are out due to the horrible drive train and a lack of power.

for space and functionality, i will go for jazz/fit. in singapore, every single cent counts in this cat A market but i will never understand why will anyone pay 90k for a jazz 1.5 when you can buy a larger sedan for the same price. no doubt jazz is easier to drive due to the smaller size but it doesn't make sense. at least PI fit 1.3 was going for low 60k before which still made some sense. 

for driving engagement, i will go for swift 1.0t. the new swift 1.0t is definitely way more spacious that the old swift but the boot is still non existent and useless but the 1.0t is a joy to behold with good torque as well. 

jazz 1.3 is overpriced with basic specs, for the price you can get an accent/avante base model. 

Yes the jazz is overpriced.  However it's made in Japan.  Mindset is made in Japan is reliable than Korean made cars 

Neutral Newbie

Will it be advisable to wait for the new jazz/fit model to arrive in sg for those looking at getting the current gen jazz/fit now? 

29 minutes ago, moogle said:

Will it be advisable to wait for the new jazz/fit model to arrive in sg for those looking at getting the current gen jazz/fit now? 

Depends on whether u want lower price or new model. I believe the new Jazz will be priced higher so if u on a budget, then getting now is better but if u are the type who likes latest models then wait but be prepared to pay more.

• Praise 4

On 10/18/2019 at 2:29 PM, Spoony said:

i hope to buy the new jazz or fit if it reaches singapore next year 

hopefully  it will be  in the mid 70k price range 😂

if the COE rises, it may end up $80 ~90k range, like few years back

Honda Fit e:HEV Basic

honda_fit_e-hev_029a00580ca0098c.jpg

honda_fit_e-hev_3.jpg

honda_fit_e-hev_9.jpg

Honda Fit e:HEV Home

honda_fit_e-hev_home_1_027d01500ccf08b8.

honda_fit_e-hev_home_9.jpg

honda_fit_e-hev_home_8.jpg

Honda Fit e:HEV Ness

honda_fit_e-hev_ness_021300fd0d6908ed.jp

honda_fit_e-hev_ness_7.jpg

honda_fit_e-hev_ness_2.jpg

Honda Fit e:HEV Luxe

honda_fit_e-hev_luxe_028901090cc308be.jp

honda_fit_e-hev_luxe_75.jpg

honda_fit_e-hev_luxe_7.jpg

Honda Fit e:HEV Crosstar

honda_fit_e-hev_crosstar_01fb003b0d8c0a0

honda_fit_e-hev_crosstar_7.jpg

honda_fit_e-hev_crosstar_9.jpg

• Praise 4

Honda-Fit-2020-1600-06.jpg

2020-honda-fit.jpg

2020-honda-fit.jpg

2020-honda-fit.jpg

2020-honda-fit.jpg

2020-honda-fit.jpg

2020-honda-fit.jpg

2020-honda-fit.jpg

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. held the world premiere of the all-new Honda Fit at the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show.

Without compromising the spacious cabin and excellent usability that has been a hallmark of each successive generation of Honda Fit, this 4th-generation all-new Fit was developed with the intention of becoming the globally-accepted standard for compact cars suited to this new era.

As a new concept in automobile development, the development team pursued an "emotional value" which cannot be expressed numerically and embodied four dimensions of comfort that enable this vehicle to be better able to support the daily lives of customers. Moreover, the all-new Honda Fit will come in five different types so that customers can select the model that is right for them depending on their lifestyle and life stage.

The hybrid version of the all-new Fit will be the first Honda compact car equipped with the 2-motor hybrid system Honda developed to realize both excellent environmental performance and a comfortable driving experience at the same time, and will be introduced to the market as a part of Honda's e:HEV models.

Comfortable view

The all-new Honda Fit features a front pillar with a cross-sectional structure that is different from previous generations of Fit and yet realizes a structure which enables impact energy to flow to the vehicle body in the event of a collision. While ensuring collision safety performance without compromise, this newly-designed front pillar realizes overwhelmingly wide and superior frontal visibility compared to that of previous Fit models.

Moreover, the instrument panel features a flat-topped design which emphasizes horizontal and straight lines, and windshield wipers are positioned to be barely visible from inside the cabin, which also enhances a comfortable view while driving.

Seating comfort

As for the front seats, the all-new Honda Fit will be the first Honda model to feature a new-generation body stabilizing seat that Honda developed while envisioning application for its high-class sedan models. The planar support structure of the seat stabilizes the body and makes long driving less tiring and enables the user to enjoy the soft feeling of the seat.

The rear seats of the all-new Fit continue to feature seat arrangements as versatile as that of the previous generation Fit and realize seat comfort equivalent to high-class sedan models by adopting a larger and thicker seat pad which offers stress-free seating even for adult passengers.

Ride comfort

Equipped with Honda's new, more compact 2-motor hybrid system, the all-new Honda Fit will drive smoothly by an electric motor for virtually all situations of everyday driving and realize outstanding environmental performance as well as excellent ride comfort with powerful acceleration and comfortable driving.

Usability

While maintaining the spacious cabin from previous generations of Fit, the all-new Fit features enhanced usability which supports people's mobility, including a stress-free layout of storage areas that ensure comfort for all occupants during everyday driving as well as over long-distances.

Five types of the all-new Honda Fit providing unique individual characteristics

BASIC - The basic type of the all-new Fit offers both high-quality design and occupant comfort. This type will feature a simple and endearing design including a front face design with a gentle look and seamless and flowing exterior form.

HOME - This type strives to realize a relaxing and carefully-designed space with high visual and tactile quality by coordinating colors and materials, including natural-looking fabric seats made with high-quality materials, a genuine leather-wrapped steering wheel and Prime Smooth soft padding.

NESS - This type features exciting color coordination and adopts water-repellent materials for the seat surfaces and soft padding on the instrument panel. It is a sporty and fashionable type which will enable customers to enjoy driving just like they enjoy fitness and sports.

CROSSTAR - This type features an exterior design developed exclusively for the CROSSTAR as well as 16-inch aluminum wheels, which look good both in city and outdoor environment. As for the interior, water-repellent materials are used for seat surfaces and soft padding on the instrument panel. This type projects an enhanced image of compact and yet tough vehicle.

LUXE - Striving to create a space where people can spend elegant and comfortable time, standard genuine leather seats were designed as an exclusive feature for this type while pursuing excellence in visual and tactile quality. For the exterior, platinum-style chrome plating and 16-inch aluminum wheels were adopted to increase the high quality feel.

Further advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies

A front wide view camera which covers a wide area in front of the vehicle will be newly added to the Honda SENSING® advanced safety and driver-assistive system installed to the all-new Honda Fit. By combining the front wide view camera and eight sonar sensors mounted in the front and back of the vehicle, the all-new Fit features further enhanced existing Honda SENSING functions as well as the new short-distance collision mitigation braking system. The Honda SENSING is available as standard equipment on all types of the all-new Fit.

• Praise 5

Honda-Jazz-2020-1600-01.jpg

Honda Jazz

Honda has unveiled the all-new Jazz, featuring advanced two-motor hybrid powertrain technology as standard for the first time. The new generation of the popular B-segment hatchback builds on the class-leading comfort and space Honda Jazz is known for with exceptional "EV-like" driving dynamics and advanced technology and safety features.

The new Honda Jazz will introduce the efficiency benefits and performance of hybrid power to the mass market and accelerate Honda towards achieving its ambition of all its European mainstream models to feature electrified powertrains by 2022.

The next-generation Honda Jazz will be the first model in Honda's European line-up to wear the new "e:HEV" powertrain badging. This is the first example of "Honda e:Technology" branding that will feature across all future electrified products.

New Crosstar variant unveiled

Another addition to the Jazz range is the new 'Crosstar' variant, designed to appeal to those seeking a more crossover style design. Available with the same hybrid powertrain and interior features as the standard model, the new Crosstar features increased ride height, a unique front grille design, water-resistant upholstery and integrated roof rails.

New minimalist clean design

Honda's next-generation B-segment hatchback presents an evolution of the instantly recognisable monospace silhouette of the Honda Jazz. The seamless, clean design philosophy that will define future Honda models follows the key concepts of function and beauty first seen in the Honda e.

Thanks to new structural technologies, the A-pillar is half the width of that on the previous model, improving forward horizontal visibility. The sleek A-pillar design is enabled by greatly improved torsional rigidity and new structural technologies that move impact stress towards the front quarter light pillars.

Natural, crisp lines run horizontally along the sides of the car, with a fresh simplicity of form. The sharper, more vertical shoulder lines emphasise the rear fender and wheel arches, reinforcing the car's broader stance and sense of stability. The rear design of the car echoes the clean lines at the front, with a sleek new horizontal light cluster layout and discrete roof spoiler.

Outstanding hybrid performance: e:HEV

For the first time ever in Europe, Jazz will only be available with an advanced two-motor hybrid powertrain, which provides an exceptional blend of strong and effortless driving performance and impressive fuel economy. The system is newly developed for Honda Jazz and provides a smooth, responsive and direct driving feel.

New intuitive connectivity

Intuitive infotainment technology with seamless in-car connectivity and a WiFi hotspot ensure occupants can stay connected with everyday life. The new LCD touchscreen interface features familiar smartphone-style usability, with swipe controls to browse recently used applications and media lists. The comprehensive suite of in-built apps can be supplemented by seamless smartphone mirroring, via built-in Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, which is available for Jazz occupants via a wireless connection for the first time.

Interior: quality and comfort

The interior quality of the all-new Honda Jazz provides levels of comfort and spaciousness unrivalled in the B-segment

The contemporary interior layout echoes the clean look of the exterior, complemented with an uncluttered, user-friendly instrument panel. The wide centre console armrest also echoes interior specifications of higher segment cars.

New wider, body-stabilizing front seats feature mat-structure support, replacing the previous spring set-up, to help prevent fatigue on long journeys. Improved rear-seat design and a thicker rear seat pad provides greater comfort for passengers too.

The thin A-pillar design improves horizontal visibility comfort for occupants, with the abundance of natural light through the expansive windscreen and front quarter lights serving to enhance the sense of spaciousness in the cabin.

Clever packaging retains unrivalled space

The all-new Honda Jazz retains class-leading levels of interior space that was the hallmark of previous generations through the clever packaging of hybrid drivetrain components into the chassis and within the engine bay. Key to maximising cabin room is the positioning of the fuel tank in the centre of the chassis beneath the front seats, which is unique in this class. This enables the Jazz to retain the exceptionally versatile rear Magic Seats that offer both "fold-flat" or "flip-up" seat flexibility, depending on cargo space required.

Honda Sensing provides comprehensive safety package

To complete the strong package of the new Honda Jazz, Honda provides the most comprehensive suite of advanced safety features and driver aids in its class.

The scope of the brand's Honda Sensing technology has been enhanced with the application of a new wider, higher-definition camera, replacing the previous camera and radar set-up. This enables improved awareness of vehicle surroundings, including recognition of verges without kerbs or roadside markings.

The Collision Mitigation Brake System (CMBS) is improved with night-time operation to detect pedestrians and cyclists when there is no street lighting, and now applies the brakes when oncoming vehicles cut across or turn into the path of the car. The new camera system also enables Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) to follow traffic at low speeds in congestion and applies Lane Keep Assist on urban and rural roads - as well as multi-lane highways - for increased safety in more situations.

Sales of the next-generation Honda Jazz for European markets is set to start in mid-2020.

• Praise 5

The more I see of this car, it reminds me of a shrunken version of the Citroen grand c4 space tourer esp the A pillar side window area and overall shape as well. I'm not a fan of those horizontal 2 spoke steering wheel, kind of old school to me.

• Praise 6

The overall look of this new model looks like a puffer fish to me. The engineers must be eating alot of Fugu sashimi when brain storming for the design.

17 hours ago, Spring said:

The more I see of this car, it reminds me of a shrunken version of the Citroen grand c4 space tourer esp the A pillar side window area and overall shape as well. I'm not a fan of those horizontal 2 spoke steering wheel, kind of old school to me.

Does anyone here realize the new Jazz rear end looks ALOT like the Myvi? What is the world becoming to? Honda designers actually took bolehland designs? 

On 10/23/2019 at 9:57 AM, Spring said:

Whilst Hybrid is a good choice, it costs more than petrol and hence if Jazz is to be the entry model for Honda locally then it must bring in the petrol version. However, Kah could use City as the petrol entry version for its cars and make this Jazz 1 step higher but I personally hope not as a entry level HB has a market here esp for first time and lady drivers who like nippy cars as it's easier to manoeuvre.

I think there probably will still be Petrol only versions in Japan. Google translated the Japan Honda Fit site and this line caught my eye. Curious to see if it is still a carryover 1.3/1.5 engines or new 1.0T as rumoured. 

Screenshot_2019-10-24-11-27-35-202_com.android.chrome~2.png

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, Thecarboy302 said:

I think there probably will still be Petrol only versions in Japan. Google translated the Japan Honda Fit site and this line caught my eye. Curious to see if it is still a carryover 1.3/1.5 engines or new 1.0T as rumoured. 

Screenshot_2019-10-24-11-27-35-202_com.android.chrome~2.png

I believe it will be the 1.0T, at least I hope so cos the small HB segment doesn't have a turbo other than the SWIFT but I hope they price it reasonably n with 6 airbags. Other features like Sensing I think they can do away for the 1.0T.

They can also market the hybrid with full specs for those willing to pay more. So essentially an entry level petrol version and another higher end hybrid one. Let's see.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4