2020 Honda Fit / Jazz (4th Generation)

Carbon82

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Problem will be the price ie OMV. The current 1.5l Jazz petrol is rather ex so likely the new hybrid will be worse. it is selling close to Civic 1.6l price so will buyers bite a new 1.5l hybrid Jazz over an old engine Civic 1.6l? Frankly, I don't know......

That’s true. With the new generation City more or less confirmed to have a 1.5L NA engine instead of the Thai market 1.0T, I personally feel this can fill the void for the 1.5 Jazz. Looking at all the current generation newly registered Jazz models on the road, almost all I see are 1.3L models. I think KM could do with just bringing in the 1.3. 😅

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Thecarboy302 said:

That’s true. With the new generation City more or less confirmed to have a 1.5L NA engine instead of the Thai market 1.0T, I personally feel this can fill the void for the 1.5 Jazz. Looking at all the current generation newly registered Jazz models on the road, almost all I see are 1.3L models. I think KM could do with just bringing in the 1.3. 😅

Just realise that the hybrid might get a VES rebate so possibly it might not cost as high as the current 1.5l version or maybe about same price? so maybe viable afterall? 

• Praise 5

16 hours ago, Spring said:

Just realise that the hybrid might get a VES rebate so possibly it might not cost as high as the current 1.5l version or maybe about same price? so maybe viable afterall? 

Agreed. Let's see how KM will do it. 

22 hours ago, Spring said:

Since when I see hybrid cars selling cheaper than non-hybrids despite the so called rebates. 

Cheapest hybrid is fit 1.5 hybrid from PI. 

5 hours ago, ferrytales said:

Since when I see hybrid cars selling cheaper than non-hybrids despite the so called rebates. 

Cheapest hybrid is fit 1.5 hybrid from PI. 

U hv to compare apples to apples ie same model, same capacity non hybrid v hybrid. The hybrid may still cost more but the VES rebate which is at least $10k reduces the upfront cost n even more so if it’s $20k so this may narrow the gap considerably.

I wont be going into a debate on the scrap value being minimal etc as the purpose of the post was on the viability of the Jazz 1.5l hybrid being imported by AD which i initially thought was impossible due to the price but then i remembered VES rebate could make it viable.

Having said that, Kah Motors don’t hv a single hybrid so I’m not holding my breadth on them selling but yes PI possible.

• Praise 4

From what I watch from other video. New fit / jazz comes with wireless charging and electronic park brake. No more hand brake. 

I dont think the new gen is bigger. The interior and boot space look the same to me. 

The new engine and interior are a big improvement over the old Honda Fit.  The exterior looks a bit strange though but I think it can be easily modified with aftermarket part.

21 hours ago, mikk123 said:

i am puzzled by the fact that this is FIT/JAZZ is a popular car in SG, and yet not many are interested in the the latest model.... so few discussion about this new fit.

Its CB time now. 

Who knows what effect it has on economy later, n people's job.

Ppl who wants bread n butter car, are probably more concerned about bread n butter 

• Haha! 1

On 4/10/2020 at 12:31 PM, mikk123 said:

i am puzzled by the fact that this is FIT/JAZZ is a popular car in SG, and yet not many are interested in the the latest model.... so few discussion about this new fit.

Abit difficult to discuss Cos many unknowns.

AD has given no indication when this car will come, which model etc. They have only confirmed City will be here (last I heard was middle of the year but now maybe delayed)

Also, the new Jazz/Fit has a turbo engine which if price too high here may not sell so well so decisions need to be made n only then can we discuss earnestly I feel. 

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Abit difficult to discuss Cos many unknowns.

AD has given no indication when this car will come, which model etc. They have only confirmed City will be here (last I heard was middle of the year but now maybe delayed)

Also, the new Jazz/Fit has a turbo engine which if price too high here may not sell so well so decisions need to be made n only then can we discuss earnestly I feel. 

the new Jazz/Fit has a turbo engine? 

36 minutes ago, kelaihoyin said:

the new Jazz/Fit has a turbo engine? 

If u read a few pages back, someone mentioned 1.0T for Honda City Thai version which is what we get Shld get here locally as well and so rumour is Jazz may follow suit as well but then again that 1.0T is Thai made whereas Jazz is Jap made so maybe not?

Edited: Just went thru some of the earlier posts n seems locally we will get the 1.5l NA engine for City n not the Thai 1.0T so I don’t think Jazz will have, apologies for the misinformation.

• Praise 6

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Spring said:

If u read a few pages back, someone mentioned 1.0T for Honda City Thai version which is what we get Shld get here locally as well and so rumour is Jazz may follow suit as well but then again that 1.0T is Thai made whereas Jazz is Jap made so maybe not?

Edited: Just went thru some of the earlier posts n seems locally we will get the 1.5l NA engine for City n not the Thai 1.0T so I don’t think Jazz will have, apologies for the misinformation.

Either 1.0t causes the omv to spike or emissions might cause it to have a penalty. 

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Either 1.0t causes the omv to spike or emissions might cause it to have a penalty. 

Yes possibly n so it’s price becomes uncompetitive. Currently, even the 1.5l Jazz is not selling well Cos it’s price is near the base Civic 1.6 n also the base HRV. As such, having a 1.0T will not sell though it would hv been a perfect car locally with low road tax n sufficient power. Certainly a pity. 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
13 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

looking at the new fit bought in by PI. The spec is the lowest spec from Japan. The review video on youtube don't even have those specs. What a tragedy!  Singapore is among the nation with per capita GDP,  and yet we only get the car is meant for 3rd world country. 

Of cos bring in the lowest spec to sell at lower price lah. You want higher spec, I bet the price will be higher too. Then nobody will buy that higher-spec variant. 

Example current Honda Civic in Singapore majority 90% are 1.6l. Why nobody buy the 1.5turbo leh?? Cos expensive. Same car body, nobody would want to pay 10-15k additional. 

Even the current Jazz most ppl are buying the 1.3l. Price difference is significant. Sits the same number of ppl. Why pay more?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2