2020 Honda Fit / Jazz (4th Generation)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, mikk123 said:

looking at the new fit bought in by PI. The spec is the lowest spec from Japan. The review video on youtube don't even have those specs. What a tragedy!  Singapore is among the nation with per capita GDP,  and yet we only get the car is meant for 3rd world country. 

This has been the situation all these years what! Lower equipment level or trim translate to lower OMV so can sell at lower price. Nothing new.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Spring said:

New Jazz has 10 airbags including a first front centre airbag👍 Whilst it’s always good to have more safety features, worry is the cost of the car will be high. I guess u can’t hv it both ways but really annoyed that our tax system punishes us👎

https://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=n&AID=23067

Wow...first in B segment.

The cars that I have only heard to have close to that amount of airbags are d-segment cars like the the Skoda Superb L&K trim and the Hyundai i40 wagon, both around the 150k range when it was available, with 9 airbags.

Good Job!

Though we would be lucky to see 6 here.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Brass said:

Wow...first in B segment.

The cars that I have only heard to have close to that amount of airbags are d-segment cars like the the Skoda Superb L&K trim and the Hyundai i40 wagon, both around the 150k range when it was available, with 9 airbags.

Good Job!

Though we would be lucky to see 6 here.

According to the article, the 10 airbags are standard so if Kah wants to bring Jazz in then they can't omit the airbags to bring the OMV down which is good and bad depending on where u looking from.

I wonder where the other 4 airbags are located at, additionally to the current local industry standard 6 airbags that most cars have.

Besides the aforementioned front centre airbag, my guess would be knee and the 2 rear door side airbags?

• Praise 5

45 minutes ago, Spring said:

According to the article, the 10 airbags are standard so if Kah wants to bring Jazz in then they can't omit the airbags to bring the OMV down which is good and bad depending on where u looking from.

I wonder where the other 4 airbags are located at, additionally to the current local industry standard 6 airbags that most cars have.

Besides the aforementioned front centre airbag, my guess would be knee and the 2 rear door side airbags?

I think it should be.

I40 and SS L&K has 9 airbags as there is no knee airbag for the front passenger, while there are 2 at the back for rear seat side airbags.

Honestly, this new airbag system seems to be much more useful than a pedestrian airbag (How fast can you drive in hdb or private estates anyway?),  which I think is pretty useless for the driver and the passengers, and hikes the OMV.

If the pedestrians want enhanced safety, the drivers should not subsidise the cost of pedestrian airbags as it is unfair to drivers, imho.

1 hour ago, sarsi said:

y ppl here prefer honda jazz cvt over the mazda hb 6 speed? thot cvt not popular?

U mean Mz2? 

Mz2 is a good car but space wise I think Jazz wins though I believe Mz2 like all Mazdas give a good drive.

This segment I believe buyers choose on price, space, reliability above other aspects. Price n reliability believe Mazda n Honda are about same with perhaps Honda’s perceived better branding giving them an edge plus the smart rear sits n spaciousness just about wins it in my opinion. I’m not sure if the CVT is that bad a drive compared to 6sp?

• Praise 6

5 hours ago, sarsi said:

y ppl here prefer honda jazz cvt over the mazda hb 6 speed? thot cvt not popular?

Choosing Jazz does not equate to owners preferring cvt over conventional 6 speed auto lah. People consider many factors, gearbox being just another one.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Spring said:

U mean Mz2? 

Mz2 is a good car but space wise I think Jazz wins though I believe Mz2 like all Mazdas give a good drive.

This segment I believe buyers choose on price, space, reliability above other aspects. Price n reliability believe Mazda n Honda are about same with perhaps Honda’s perceived better branding giving them an edge plus the smart rear sits n spaciousness just about wins it in my opinion. I’m not sure if the CVT is that bad a drive compared to 6sp?

damn bad compare to 6sp auto.

but in 2020 people still think that Mazda bad fc.... & honda vtec can kui like ek eg era

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
(edited)
1 hour ago, new_user1988 said:

Honda Jazz 1.5 RS. This model sold by Kah Motor, where it is made from? Japan or Thailand? Some say Japan some say Thailand.

Kah Motor has been selling Jazz from Japan since the 1st Jazz. PI also import the Fit from Japan. So you can say ALL Jazz/Fit running in Singapore are made in Japan.

In SEA countries, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines manufacture their own Jazz locally.

Edited by Zxcvb
  • Praise 2

Supersonic
16 hours ago, Kendra said:

its ugly for new model. thats my opinion

We are just getting used to see the 3rd gen, which is quite striking with all the creases and lines. This 4th gen comes as a tame, clean body that does not have the wow factor to make heads turned!

1 hour ago, Zxcvb said:

Kah Motor has been selling Jazz from Japan since the 1st Jazz. PI also import the Fit from Japan. So you can say ALL Jazz/Fit running in Singapore are made in Japan.

In SEA countries, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines manufacture their own Jazz locally.

Thank you brother. What about Civic.I heard they are made in Thailand?

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, new_user1988 said:

Civic also made in thailand now. The last made in japan civic was the 8th gen civic if i am correct.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
29 minutes ago, new_user1988 said:

The current Civics brought in by Kah Motors are made in Thailand. PI Civics (hatchback) are brought in from UK. 99% of the current Civic you see on the road today are the Thai-made 1.6l as it's the most economical price. 

• Praise 1

Guys I got another question. Will be collecting my new Jazz 1.5 RS soon. I saw this model code stated in the sale agreement. GK585LLPX

What does each digit means? And also the alphabet codes. I only know the first 3 digit GK5 which is the current RS variant.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:02 PM, Kendra said:

its ugly for new model. thats my opinion

Its ugly for the crosstar variant but I think kah motor should be bringing in the normal one also without the additional ride height n all the ugly black trims n roof rails? The regular one still looks alright.. The jazz with all the black trims reminds me of the citroen lo.. any idea when the jazz coming?? 

↡ Advertisement