2020 Honda Fit / Jazz (4th Generation)

Carbon82

4 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

read today's paper. Chris Tan says the new Jazz and crossover star will be in Sg. He also mentioned about the HRV compact crossover, what is that? 

Don't see any Crosstar coming here from PI or Kah. New generation Vezel/HR-V based on 4th gen Jazz is due for launch in Japan in the coming months. 

Edited by Thecarboy302
↡ Advertisement

20 hours ago, Spring said:

I’ve been told by a Honda SE that Kah will bring in the Japanese Jazz n not the City HB as widely reported in some articles. The car will be on display in Jan for a short period. Seems like it’s 1.5l petrol and hybrid which are to be sold locally. Kah has not had a hybrid car since the Civic had a hybrid version several generations back.

Interesting that they managed to get a Jazz 1.5 with same 89kW City engine from what I assume is the Japan factory when no other market I recall has Jazz with this particular engine. 

Turbocharged
20 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

read today's paper. Chris Tan says the new Jazz and crossover star will be in Sg. He also mentioned about the HRV compact crossover, what is that? 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=e&AID=3923

Kah Motors not following ASEAN take on the City Hatchback?? They’ve certainly done their market research well. But why a 1.5?? PI will still outsell you on 1.3 leh. 

14 minutes ago, Zxcvb said:

https://m.sgcarmart.com/articles/articleinfo.php?CT=e&AID=3923

Kah Motors not following ASEAN take on the City Hatchback?? They’ve certainly done their market research well. But why a 1.5?? PI will still outsell you on 1.3 leh. 

Agreed, since current VES started, the 10k rebate for GK3 Jazz 1.3 made it the main seller, with the new generation 1.5 Petrol being in VES Band B, it will definitely be priced like current GK5 Jazz 1.5 at 93k and up. It will definitely be a tough sell unless they bring in a super basic version with low OMV to try and match the pricing of the GK3 1.3. 🤷‍♂️

On 1/1/2021 at 4:11 PM, Spring said:

The current Jazz 1.5l petrol is from $93-$97k so my guess would be around $100k. If that’s the price for the hybrid still not too bad but if it’s for petrol then it will be too pricey. The Toyota Yaris Cross hybrid though a Crossover is going for $100k so if the Jazz HB hybrid is priced more than that then it will not move much I feel.

(Although Vezel is SG national car) My wife and I find the crossover seating position too high for our liking (causes nausea for the passenger).

Jazz should have a sportier and easier handling than the Yaris Cross, and if Kah Motor stop the 2 airbag nonsense with the new model, many families with young children may further warm up to it =D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Vlsc said:

“This lands the car (hybrid) in the VES A2 band for a S$15,000 rebate, which is why the price difference between the regular car (1.5NA) and the hybrid is only S$5,000.”

So I guess they bring the 1.5l just to make the hybrid more attractive to sell. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just bot a new Honda Fit 1.3 2020 (non sensing) petrol this Wednesday, there is still sth blurring me...

There are two buttons in each side of the handbrake button. right side one is ECON, left side one is this A-off.

The salesman told me never touch this A-off button.

Usually I turn off ECON, because SG hot weather and we don’t want the aircon dry up the battery for the sake to save gas.

For the A-off, I totally hv no idea, anyone can advise? Any tips on using the two buttons here?

Many Thanks.

27B2FD82-8D1F-42E4-8FA5-A822AD157334.jpeg

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, mikk123 said:

so both 1.3 and 1.5 are all made in japan? I thought MIJ are only 1.3L? 

Honda is killing Kah Motor sales with their own policies.  The 1.5l engine is the same one found in the Honda City, so that has euro 6 developments.  Rigidly, the Fit 1.3L is JPN emission, so technically not the same as Euro 6.

Due to the complicated pillar design, the Honda Jazz/Fit can only be built in Japan.

I went to see the Yaris X at Borneo as well.  Prices have gone up to 101k for the active model.  It does look appealing but the Honda Jazz/Fit is the kawaii one..... u won't buy the Jazz/Fit if anime does not appeal to you.  The Yaris X is a compelling crossover but you will need to buy the "excite" models to get all the bells and whistles - LED headlights/taillights, HUD, leather steering and 2 tone paintwork.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
30 minutes ago, Haibei said:

Just bot a new Honda Fit 1.3 2020 (non sensing) petrol this Wednesday, there is still sth blurring me...

There are two buttons in each side of the handbrake button. right side one is ECON, left side one is this A-off.

The salesman told me never touch this A-off button.

Usually I turn off ECON, because SG hot weather and we don’t want the aircon dry up the battery for the sake to save gas.

For the A-off, I totally hv no idea, anyone can advise? Any tips on using the two buttons here?

Many Thanks.

27B2FD82-8D1F-42E4-8FA5-A822AD157334.jpeg

I dunno why he told you that. That is the auto stop start button. If you dun like the function you can press to off it

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Zaskarace...

I did test this button. When in traffic light, if enable this button, in the screen I can see the green A-off sign appeared and motor rpm is zero, which means engine auto off.

then I pushed this button, engine started again and the green A-off sign disappeared.

B4 buying this Honda Fit, I drove Mazda5, it only has one button like this. Engine auto-off when car stop, it created a lot of glitching feel when stepping gas again. So, i always turn it off when driving.

I don’t know why Honda Fit have two similar buttons for this purpose. Any diff purpose to have two buttons to save gas?

53 minutes ago, Zaskarace said:

I dunno why he told you that. That is the auto stop start button. If you dun like the function you can press to off it

i think the sale person never study the function, so to be saved just said "dont touch".. 🙂 

• Haha! 1

Quite interesting to see sg has that exclusive 1.5 petrol engine for the 1.5 jazz that made in japan.

in japan, petrol only for the 1.3. Even china also has the 1.5 petrol but is made in china. 

like to know  whether the is 1.5 petrol comes with the honda sensing found in the hybrid model

9 minutes ago, Winningeleven said:

Quite interesting to see sg has that exclusive 1.5 petrol engine for the 1.5 jazz that made in japan.

in japan, petrol only for the 1.3. Even china also has the 1.5 petrol but is made in china. 

like to know  whether the is 1.5 petrol comes with the honda sensing found in the hybrid model

https://i.i-sgcm.com/new_cars/cars/12811/brochures/brochure_20210107070125.pdf

From the brochure, only the hybrid version has Honda sensing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1