2020 Honda Fit / Jazz (4th Generation)

Carbon82

10 hours ago, stanbucks said:

It depends on your budget and how much you are willing to spend on a Jazz/Fit.

If you do not want to spend so much, for about $10k less you can get 1.3L Fit with Sensing.
I think it's a good deal, and from a small CC car's view point, I feel it's adequately powered.

If you are the kind that wants quick acceleration and always rushing when driving, then maybe 1.3L Fit is not for you.

Another thing to note is that Jazz is from AD and Fit is PI. There are people around who will only buy from AD and willing to spend more just for it.
If you are ok with PI, there a quite a number of them who are decent and reliable, some even have good accessories package.

Any PI to recommend?

↡ Advertisement

On 3/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, jxision said:

Should I get the Fit or AD Jazz? is that $94k price tag for Jazz worth it?

Do consider the Mazda 2/3 Hatchback and Suzuki Swift also.

10 hours ago, mikk123 said:

not worth it.... Buy a yaris cross instead. 

But as mikk123 stated, the yaris cross is a far more attractive buy than the Jazz with all the safety features. Do note that it's larger than a hatchback and different ride experience...

1 hour ago, jxision said:

Any PI to recommend?

Have. I got a great Cartimes SE to recommend who helped me choose between the Jazz and Vios that i narrowed down (even though the end result of his advice was a car that his company didnt carry). Decent guy.

I also have Toyota Ubi Team Lead SE contact if you interested. If you do go ahead with Toyota YC, remember to check the "discounted" price on their online sales page - https://onlinepurchase.toyota.com.sg/

Edited by yellowshaun

9 hours ago, Spring said:

YC is a Crossover whereas Jazz/Fit is a HB.

I've not sat in either so cant comment on the ride height which shld hv some differences between the 2 cars. Just a point to take note is that both Toyota n Honda ADs now offer only 5 yr warranty on the battery for hybrid model. Nissan Note e -power gets 10yrs warranty by Tan Chong though. Not saying Note is a better car but this battery warranty diff is significant.

It's still better to know the terms n conditions of the battery warranty before deciding to buy.

2 minutes ago, yellowshaun said:

Do consider the Mazda 2/3 Hatchback and Suzuki Swift also.

But as mikk123 stated, the yaris cross is a far more attractive buy than the Jazz with all the safety features. Do note that it's larger than a hatchback and different ride experience...

Have. I got a great Cartimes SE to recommend who helped me choose between the Jazz and Vios that i narrowed down (even though the end result of his advice was a car that his company didnt carry). Decent guy.

I also have Toyota Ubi Team Lead SE contact if you interested. If you do go ahead with Toyota YC, remember to check the "discounted" price on their online sales page - https://onlinepurchase.toyota.com.sg/

Hmm haha my budget is around $80k or so only though! Comparing Mazda 2 to Jazz, Mazda 2 seems way too small for its cabin space! plus maintenance on the 2 should be more expensive isnt it? 

12 hours ago, jxision said:

Any PI to recommend?

I have pm-ed you my SE, trusty guy and very good service.
Their accessories package is also comprehensive.

For your price range and hatchback, you got 1.3L Fit, Mazda 2 and Suzuki Swift Mild Hybrid.
But in terms of spaciousness, ease of maintenance, Fit is probably a good choice with good FC.

Being a 2nd Gen Swift owner previously, workshops always complaining my parts is more expensive than the more popular counter parts such as Altis, Vios and Fit.
And the spaciousness of the rear seats and boot is really far behind Fit.

Yaris Cross is indeed a very nice car after seeing a few on the road.
But being a CUV/Compact SUV, the driving dynamics will be different from a hatchback such as Fit.

Ultimately, decide based on which car fits your criteria best.
You can easily compare the cars online and go to the showroom to see it for yourself.

Ha. Silly me. Becos of the virtual launch, I thought the Jazz would be in to view.. but nope, it's not in yet. From all reports (abroad), the petrol consumption is really very good (from 21-23 km/l). So will patiently wait and see what the interior looks like. As I was in the area, checked out the Yaris hybrid but the interior was really a bit too plasticky and low-rent for my taste.. but YMMV, as the interior is much more important to me than the exterior.

Neutral Newbie
On 3/18/2021 at 10:50 AM, mostly_harmless said:

Ha. Silly me. Becos of the virtual launch, I thought the Jazz would be in to view.. but nope, it's not in yet. From all reports (abroad), the petrol consumption is really very good (from 21-23 km/l). So will patiently wait and see what the interior looks like. As I was in the area, checked out the Yaris hybrid but the interior was really a bit too plasticky and low-rent for my taste.. but YMMV, as the interior is much more important to me than the exterior.

yes, I made a trip down to showroom too
no display to see or try
they sent the car back to Japan, no idea why
will only be available for showroom viewing in June 2021.....

On 3/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, jxision said:

Should I get the Fit or AD Jazz? is that $94k price tag for Jazz worth it?

Fit or Jazz is a reliable car, IMO, go PI...better , cheaper and not worries, many workshops can handle this car well.

Neutral Newbie
On 3/18/2021 at 10:50 AM, mostly_harmless said:

I am getting about 28km/l for my Fit e:hev (hybrid) after driving for two months now, my car me going for the 5k service next week

• Praise 1

I rarely see the new Fit too.  The new Fit is a sales disaster compared to the previous generation Fit.

4 hours ago, awhtc said:

I rarely see the new Fit too.  The new Fit is a sales disaster compared to the previous generation Fit.

Ya the steering wheel and head lights really too cutesy liao...