2020 Honda Fit / Jazz (4th Generation)

Carbon82

@Eynit 

Not many GR3 owner can advise. But GK5 stock is also the same spec stock 185/55/R16 with offset + 52. 

With 16x7 with +42 and fitted with 205/50/R16 wheels. The rear wheel look OK and flushed with fender but the front will be protruding out by 1 to 2cm.  Personally I would not accept it. And when u made a hard turning. The wheel will rub the fender. 

Unfortunately all replica rims 16 inch rims usually come with 7 width with offset +40 to 42.

Ideally. The prefect rims size is 16x6.5 with offset at least 46mm above. Only those original rims such as  enkei etc will have. 

On 9/19/2021 at 5:29 PM, Eynit said:

Hi guys,

Owners for mk4 honda jazz/fit (GR3), did you guys change rims for your car? If yes, what are the specs?

Currently running stock - 185/55/16, 6" width and offset i believe is +50

Plan - 205/50/16, 7" width with +42 offset.

Any issues with the suggested wheel specs? Especially fender rubbing as i cant take that.

TIA!

Mine is GR1, on 16"x6.5J, offset 47. 
With 205/50r16 tyres, the front is very very slightly protruding.
Will be going to 195/50r16 next as i feel 205 is too wide for the car, but this is just my personal driving feel after using 205.

if you are going for taiwan/china rims, most likely you won't be able to get the correct offset as they are usually around 35 +/-.
for this, the front will definitely protrude, even with 185 tyres.

hope this helps.

Neutral Newbie
On 10/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, Winningeleven said:

@Eynit 

Not many GR3 owner can advise. But GK5 stock is also the same spec stock 185/55/R16 with offset + 52. 

With 16x7 with +42 and fitted with 205/50/R16 wheels. The rear wheel look OK and flushed with fender but the front will be protruding out by 1 to 2cm.  Personally I would not accept it. And when u made a hard turning. The wheel will rub the fender

Unfortunately all replica rims 16 inch rims usually come with 7 width with offset +40 to 42.

Ideally. The prefect rims size is 16x6.5 with offset at least 46mm above. Only those original rims such as  enkei etc will have. 

On 10/7/2021 at 10:47 AM, stanbucks said:

Mine is GR1, on 16"x6.5J, offset 47. 
With 205/50r16 tyres, the front is very very slightly protruding.
Will be going to 195/50r16 next as i feel 205 is too wide for the car, but this is just my personal driving feel after using 205.

if you are going for taiwan/china rims, most likely you won't be able to get the correct offset as they are usually around 35 +/-.
for this, the front will definitely protrude, even with 185 tyres.

hope this helps.

Thanks guys for the input.

I have changed my wheels 2 weeks ago and never regret it ever since.

just sharing with those who bought the hybrid from Kah Motor (GR3), the stock wheels come with 16x6 with offset of +50

The wheels I changed to are 16x7 with offset of +42.

The front protrudes out a tiny little bit but not by much. You could barely notice it.

As for the back, it's nearly flush.

Overall, with stock height, I have not once experienced any rubbing. So for guys out there with GR3, you do not need to worry about fender rubbing.

As for those who actually dislike the looks of 4th gen jazz, I agree that the looks can be quite controversial.

It's either you hate it or love it. I absolutely dislike it when I first saw it. However, after some time, I start to feel that the looks give the car a character that is not found in many modern cars. 

When comes to the ride, I assure you that the ride quality and comfort have improved significantly from the previous generation. Most things you feel inside are more premium than before, but of course, cannot compare to conti cars lah.

Overall, the 4th gen Jazz has definitely improved from the previous generation in terms of ride and build quality. As for looks, it is very subjective and no one is right or wrong.

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

@Eynit 

hi

On 10/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, Eynit said:

@SL13 

current mileage is 2k plus.

Consumption between 24 -25 km/l

Hi

jus sign the deal for jazz…any thing to look out for or advice for newbie like myself.

did u send your car for any ceramic coat or paint protection?

thks

Neutral Newbie

@Skenki 

On 10/18/2021 at 8:55 AM, Skenki said:

@Eynit 

hi

Hi

jus sign the deal for jazz…any thing to look out for or advice for newbie like myself.

did u send your car for any ceramic coat or paint protection?

thks

Hi.

There is nothing you need to worry about. Though a hybrid, but drive just like any other cars. You do get to enjoy the high torque from the electric motor.

And yes, did ceramic coating on my car. 

2 hours ago, Eynit said:

@Skenki 

Hi.

There is nothing you need to worry about. Though a hybrid, but drive just like any other cars. You do get to enjoy the high torque from the electric motor.

whats the pickup 0 to 100 km/h? in seconds

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, Eynit said:

@Skenki 

Hi.

Where did u do ur ceramic coating and how much? 

Neutral Newbie
10 hours ago, lexiton said:

whats the pickup 0 to 100 km/h? in seconds

Never measure. On paper is 9 sec plus? Some say in reality below 9. But kinda unnecessary in the real world? Not like we floor the accelerator pedal whenever the traffic light turn green. Lol

Hi, enjoying my new GR1. But the stock horn sounds funny. Any options to replace? Easy to DIY? Anyone done it?

20210712_132001.jpg

Screenshot_20210706-132108_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Panhard
  • Praise 1

11 hours ago, tanlc1988 said:

hello folks, im planning to get a used honda fit/jazz. was searching around sgcarmart and found the below listing.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=924212&DL=2984

new model honda fit with depre lower than older model. is the new model so unpopular?

erm the looks of the new fit is really polarizing both interior and exterior, that's why you hardly see the new model on the road.

The new model is avaliable on early 2021. Price of Cat A coe was already at min 40k already. The previous 1.3 gk3 was sold less than 70k when brand new due to less than. 30k coe . That why new model is lesser now. 

On 11/28/2021 at 12:07 AM, tanlc1988 said:

new model honda fit with depre lower than older model. is the new model so unpopular?

not so much as being popular or unpopular, but buyers for the new car are limited by the amount of downpayment and loan quantum .. 

to me if can work out the numbers, buying new is a no brainer with its lower depreciation.

older model will have higher depreciation plus (potentially/likely) higher maintenance/repair costs ..