2020 Honda Fit / Jazz (4th Generation)

Carbon82

46 minutes ago, Spring said:

Didn't know CRV 5 seater also having 2 airbags only[thumbsdown] although I'm aware of Civic 1.6 having 2 only.

Competition will surely catch up with them as with even Attrage and Avante having 6 airbags, Kah will not be able to just sell base on the Honda name despite it being a branded Jap name.

Yup, was shocked to learn of the 2 airbags on the CR-V 5 seat, considering it is priced so close to the similarly sized Harrier Turbo from BM and that had the suite of Toyota Safety Sense features plus more airbags. Not to mention the Vios and Altis have 7 airbags as well. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

39 minutes ago, Soya said:

Tink Sg got a lot of buyers who convince themselves that Sg no place to drive fast lah, they careful driver lah, etc, so no need for airbags

Tell that to the teksi driver's family who got T-boned by the Ferrari a few years back.....

The trouble with Singapore buyers is that cos our cars are so expensive, bottom line often overrides other considerations including safety unfortunately. The majority buy on prices and to lesser extent, brand as well. A Jazz with the Honda brand selling at $70k+ will sell even with only 2 airbags based on the reasonable price and perceived "better brand" but with time, buyers are slowly being saavy enough to know that you can get better safety specs cars for similar amounts albeit from less known brands.

• Praise 6

23 minutes ago, Spring said:

The trouble with Singapore buyers is that cos our cars are so expensive, bottom line often overrides other considerations including safety unfortunately. The majority buy on prices and to lesser extent, brand as well. A Jazz with the Honda brand selling at $70k+ will sell even with only 2 airbags based on the reasonable price and perceived "better brand" but with time, buyers are slowly being saavy enough to know that you can get better safety specs cars for similar amounts albeit from less known brands.

heck even if no airbag, the car will still sell.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Spring said:

Seems like it'll come w a 1.0T. Good riddance to the wheezy 1.3 or 1.5NA

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.carscoops.com/2019/05/2020-honda-fit-jazz-design-engines-and-everything-else-we-know/amp/

• Praise 2

23 minutes ago, Soya said:

That's great news as this segment is lacking competition to Suzuki SWIFT and Kia Stonic. However, I'm not holding my breadth as if it's priced high which Kah is capable of doing then it won't sell despite the Honda badge. Jazz has always been a versatile and popular car so it would be a pity if it can't sell due to high price (the current 1.5l is facing this issue).

• Praise 5

4 minutes ago, Tannl said:

3 cylinder... thumbs down. 

1.0T usually 3-cyl

Having test driven the Swift 1.0T, no horse run

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Soya said:

1.0T usually 3-cyl

Having test driven the Swift 1.0T, no horse run

Swift abit cramp right? I mean the rear. But at less than $80k, it’s quite good value. Jazz shld be no more than $5k higher in my opinion. 

• Praise 4

6 minutes ago, Spring said:

Swift abit cramp right? I mean the rear. But at less than $80k, it’s quite good value. Jazz shld be no more than $5k higher in my opinion. 

$72k during Expo. Can still sit 4 reasonably comfy. And VES B so no need to self subsidise parf. Plus using 6-spd torque converter, not the irritating CVT

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, Spring said:

Lowest was 69k for swift 1.0t.

• Praise 1

40 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Lowest was 69k for swift 1.0t.

Wow that's a good price, SWIFT never really on my radar but it will be esp after compare with the new Jazz to see whether the extra premium Jazz will surely attract is worth or not.

• Praise 4

57 minutes ago, Spring said:

Wow that's a good price, SWIFT never really on my radar but it will be esp after compare with the new Jazz to see whether the extra premium Jazz will surely attract is worth or not.

if i was looking for a reliable compact hatchback and pricing aside, it will be swift 1.0t vs jazz 1.5. note and space star are out due to the horrible drive train and a lack of power.

for space and functionality, i will go for jazz/fit. in singapore, every single cent counts in this cat A market but i will never understand why will anyone pay 90k for a jazz 1.5 when you can buy a larger sedan for the same price. no doubt jazz is easier to drive due to the smaller size but it doesn't make sense. at least PI fit 1.3 was going for low 60k before which still made some sense. 

for driving engagement, i will go for swift 1.0t. the new swift 1.0t is definitely way more spacious that the old swift but the boot is still non existent and useless but the 1.0t is a joy to behold with good torque as well. 

jazz 1.3 is overpriced with basic specs, for the price you can get an accent/avante base model. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 1

12 hours ago, Soya said:

$72k during Expo. Can still sit 4 reasonably comfy. And VES B so no need to self subsidise parf. Plus using 6-spd torque converter, not the irritating CVT

typo. was a good buy when swift was sub 70k with 6 airbags etc, but then again there were other competitors at this price range such as attrage/accent/avante so its really hatchback vs sedan. 

probably the reason why swift ain't selling well now. 

Edited by ferrytales
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, ferrytales said:

typo. was a good buy when swift was sub 70k with 6 airbags etc, but then again there were other competitors at this price range such as attrage/accent/avante so its really hatchback vs sedan. 

probably the reason why swift ain't selling well now. 

Partly swift not selling well might be oso becoz of the poor location of its showroom at chang charn road. Hidden away, poor visibility and there's no parking available

4 minutes ago, Soya said:

Partly swift not selling well might be oso becoz of the poor location of its showroom at chang charn road. Hidden away, poor visibility and there's no parking available

Decade ago swift selling quite well, esp the swift sport. But now swift like kenna some curse and suddenly not many people buy this car? So there is only one suzuki showroom now ah?

7 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Decade ago swift selling quite well, esp the swift sport. But now swift like kenna some curse and suddenly not many people buy this car? So there is only one suzuki showroom now ah?

I tink suzuki basically dropped off the radar the past few years coz of high COE, the models on sale were crap and Pandan Garden showroom was being redeveloped. The new Swift has the right ingredients but it doesn't help if the new showroom seems like a token effort

9 minutes ago, Soya said:

I tink suzuki basically dropped off the radar the past few years coz of high COE, the models on sale were crap and Pandan Garden showroom was being redeveloped. The new Swift has the right ingredients but it doesn't help if the new showroom seems like a token effort

I also dont understand why suzuki dropped off the radar since they are now still selling the used to be popular car models like swift and vitara. But suddenly these popular models no one want to buy. Could be their pricing is not right due to high coe? 

Edited by 13177

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I also dont understand why suzuki dropped off the radar since they are now still selling the used to be popular car models like swift and vitara. But suddenly these popular models no one want to buy. Could be their pricing is not right due to high coe? 

70k for suzuki swift 1.0T, given a choice buyers will rather buy a larger b&b sedan at that price such as avante/attrage/accent. Will be a tough seller at this price range hen its competing with so many other cars. 

Even jazz 1.3 at above 70k is a tough seller, seems like PI fit 1.3 is doing way better since its in the lower 60k range. 

↡ Advertisement