BBK from CJ Dynamics

Mysportwish

Hi. Anyone using bbk from CJ Dynamics? Any review? How is the braking performance? Reliable?

Chinese/Taiwanese Brand.?Sorry,i only knew Alcon & Brembo.

Hi. Anyone using bbk from CJ Dynamics? Any review? How is the braking performance? Reliable?

For me, no pariah brand is better than stock brakes. Any upgraded brakes I potentially put on my car must first be race-tested - AP, Alcon and Brembo are some brands that come to mind. 

I will not risk my life on anything lesser.

• Praise 1

For me, no pariah brand is better than stock brakes. Any upgraded brakes I potentially put on my car must first be race-tested - AP, Alcon and Brembo are some brands that come to mind. 

I will not risk my life on anything lesser.

Agreed,esp if your Car is the High Performance Unit....TS never mentioned what Car He driving.?

Agreed,esp if your Car is the High Performance Unit....TS never mentioned what Car He driving.?

Can be any brands of cars but personal & passengers lives are just important and cannot be replaced like car parts.  -_-

Spend so much on a car and try to use untested brands of brakes system....  :a-no:

Not to go OT, but if someone could take one for the team (no pun intended) and try these out for size (again no pun intended) and give a review, it'll be great for the forum:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32802576552.html

It'll be great if we can get good stopping power on a budget and not have to take it up the rear end from hard sellers (seriously no pun intended). After all, it's good to watch our bottom line (what do I need to convince you that I really intend no puns).

My name may not be Ram Amandeep, but I'd say that's a good deal. :D

• Haha! 1

Saw a lot of unfavourable comments.  I have used the lesser branded ones before. Changing the brake hose and using such BBK is definitely better than stock brakes.  Those that have not use before will say this and that. Also they may not want to spend the money. But common sense is that having bigger brakes and using better brake pads speaks. U can feel the difference of stronger braking power. You need not use less branded BBK for racing if unsure but having BBK for daily drive is just as important coz it helps you to stop faster being more efficient.  With BBK I am confident of better stopping power for example, when a cyclist dashes out to the zebra crossing suddenly. After the change to BBK, the feel is immediate of how lousy stock brakes you have.

Supercharged

i used to just upgraded my front rotor size using a brand called runstop (not found anymore) and using back the stock caliper.

the result is definitely alot better than just stock brake. shorter braking distance.

I think it is in house brand from Fong Kim. I enquired before. They can even "upgrade" the callipers to AMG, Nismo, Brembo whatever your choice for free. 

Never tried it though so no comments on the performance. But Fong Kim as a workshop/vendor is good and dependable, I got stuffs from them.

Saw a lot of unfavourable comments. I have used the lesser branded ones before. Changing the brake hose and using such BBK is definitely better than stock brakes. Those that have not use before will say this and that. Also they may not want to spend the money. But common sense is that having bigger brakes and using better brake pads speaks. U can feel the difference of stronger braking power. You need not use less branded BBK for racing if unsure but having BBK for daily drive is just as important coz it helps you to stop faster being more efficient. With BBK I am confident of better stopping power for example, when a cyclist dashes out to the zebra crossing suddenly. After the change to BBK, the feel is immediate of how lousy stock brakes you have.

You would get a similar impression going to a different pad compound or braided brake hoses from brands like Goodridge - or even simply going for a bigger rotor with a step up spacer for your stock caliper. For starters, slapping on a big brake kit (I see that happen a lot with cars like Harrier/Vezel/CH-R) looks great, but what is it doing for brake balance? Keep in mind that when push comes to shove, your ABS system is still active and if your front wheels lock up first, your car is not going to slow down as quickly as you may imagine as the ABS is focused on keeping all four tires from locking up.

Also, don't confuse pedal feel, and initial bite with outright braking capacity/distance.

I'm not singling out CJ Dynamics in particular, but do check that whatever aftermarket brake you purchase come with sufficient R&D expertise for them to stand behind their product. Brands I personally would trust are those like Brembo, AP Racing, Alcon, Wilwood, Spoon, StopTech, etc. Those that come from the Motherland, same country where they can make you lookalike Brembos or whatever, I'd need a lot of convincing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ZXe0mS_jA

Edited by Macrosszero
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

You would get a similar impression going to a different pad compound or braided brake hoses from brands like Goodridge - or even simply going for a bigger rotor with a step up spacer for your stock caliper. For starters, slapping on a big brake kit (I see that happen a lot with cars like Harrier/Vezel/CH-R) looks great, but what is it doing for brake balance? Keep in mind that when push comes to shove, your ABS system is still active and if your front wheels lock up first, your car is not going to slow down as quickly as you may imagine as the ABS is focused on keeping all four tires from locking up.

Also, don't confuse pedal feel, and initial bite with outright braking capacity/distance.

I'm not singling out CJ Dynamics in particular, but do check that whatever aftermarket brake you purchase come with sufficient R&D expertise for them to stand behind their product. Brands I personally would trust are those like Brembo, AP Racing, Wilwood, Spoon, StopTech, etc. Those that come from the Motherland, same country where they can make you lookalike Brembos or whatever, I'd need a lot of convincing.

To add further. Once the brake bias between front and rear is upset. I see a major problems. The car’s ESP, electronic stability program which is in almost all new cars these days will be confused. End up the car might not be able to control the spin. Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

I'm not singling out CJ Dynamics in particular, but do check that whatever aftermarket brake you purchase come with sufficient R&D expertise for them to stand behind their product. Brands I personally would trust are those like Brembo, AP Racing, Alcon, Wilwood, Spoon, StopTech, etc. Those that come from the Motherland, same country where they can make you lookalike Brembos or whatever, I'd need a lot of convincing.

It is what you trust to begin with. In the beginning, whether any brands even branded ones will not fit into my books or for some people. Stocks and originality is the best with what comes with the car. It is suppose to be matching and any thing that comes after market may not fit in is what people worried about. Some people also worried about workmanship even if it is a good after market product, some worried may affect your warranty. You may think lesser brands CMI and of course branded ones wins all whether in name or whatever but previously I have tried the lesser branded ones handed to me and sure they works well and fine for me. Would not pay a bomb on brakes for my car as long as it can work better than stocks, however if I am into racing than branded ones will I favour. Its is like what some people have perception for Korean cars. Slowly and surely it improves and I guess same for the lesser branded brakes. We dunno the brands does not mean they have insufficient R&D expertise and to be fair some homework has to be done before committing.

Anyway, all BBK should not be an issue as long as it is installed by qualified mechanics. If I am not wrong, it is one of the modifications that do not need LTA’s approval. If it is seriously problematic on the roads. It should falls under Modifications requiring LTA’s approval or Modifications that are not allowed. But I am not 100 percent bought over by it.

Edited by Renegade777

Anyway,drive carefully,don't follow too close,All stock Brakes are enough,only if you go Track Racing,you need to upgrade the Brakes...

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

My thoughts.. it's about the car programmed breaking bias and suitability for it.

When u e brake there's a certain strength applied to the front and back while bringing the car to stop properly and in a straight line.

Imagine u changed to more powerful brake, the strength is different. Worse if u only change the front.

The car computer may not recognize the change and apply the same strength.

This misalignment can cause too much or little breaking strength applied and it can cause the car to lose its stability and fishtail, spin, or worse, flip.

R&D the brake manufacturers do should include the car brand and model, not simply on the brakes themselves.

This ensures the upgraded brakes are suitable.

If Brembo don't have R&D done on my car, I'll still steer clear of it even when it's so reputable.

How do we know if Brake manufacturers did RnD for our car model? There are like thousands of different car models around. I have not checked brembo. Mine is apr (brembo owned) and they only provide a technical datasheet with the max working pressure, brake torque and vehicle weight for the callipers.

I always felt that for general street use, each set of brakes (whether stock or branded aftermarket) can suit a wide range of car models rather than being very narrow ranged. As long as you don't use those for a 1 ton car on a 1.5 ton car or something sensible like that. 

My thoughts.. it's about the car programmed breaking bias and suitability for it.

When u e brake there's a certain strength applied to the front and back while bringing the car to stop properly and in a straight line.

Imagine u changed to more powerful brake, the strength is different. Worse if u only change the front.
The car computer may not recognize the change and apply the same strength.
This misalignment can cause too much or little breaking strength applied and it can cause the car to lose its stability and fishtail, spin, or worse, flip.

R&D the brake manufacturers do should include the car brand and model, not simply on the brakes themselves.
This ensures the upgraded brakes are suitable.
If Brembo don't have R&D done on my car, I'll still steer clear of it even when it's so reputable.

Ultimately the stopping distance depends largely on the tires. If the stock brakes are capable of locking up the tires with ABS kicking in means is more than enough to do the job. The tires becomes the limiting factor for grip. 

From what I know BBK only allows the car to brake more consistently which is essential during tracking reducing brake fade.

For course most upgrade to BBK to have the nice exterior mod factor and unknowingly thought it reduces braking distance.

Some say spraying your stock brake callipers also gives your car +10HP [laugh] .

So in conclusion might as well use the money to get better tires. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1