BBK from CJ Dynamics

Mysportwish

Anyway, all BBK should not be an issue as long as it is installed by qualified mechanics. If I am not wrong, it is one of the modifications that do not need LTA’s approval. If it is seriously problematic on the roads. It should falls under Modifications requiring LTA’s approval or Modifications that are not allowed. But I am not 100 percent bought over by it.

Well you are wrong because LTA neither approves nor disapproves it. It falls in a grey area and according to this article there have been people who have failed inspection because of it:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3254

If you pay attention to your vehicle going through the various checks during your periodic inspection you will notice there is a brake check station. Stupids are weeded out here - notice they check both the front and the rear axle for brake force to ensure appropriate brake force distribution. 

In my opinion, for better braking performance, money is best spent in this order:

Better tires 

Better brake pads

Better brake hoses

Bigger brake discs

More pistons

However, if you're in it for the looks - go straight for more pistons. After all, the bigger the brakes the more power you *surely* must have, right?

↡ Advertisement

Well you are wrong because LTA neither approves nor disapproves it. It falls in a grey area and according to this article there have been people who have failed inspection because of it:

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3254

If you pay attention to your vehicle going through the various checks during your periodic inspection you will notice there is a brake check station. Stupids are weeded out here - notice they check both the front and the rear axle for brake force to ensure appropriate brake force distribution. 

In my opinion, for better braking performance, money is best spent in this order:

Better tires 

Better brake pads

Better brake hoses

Bigger brake discs

More pistons

However, if you're in it for the looks - go straight for more pistons. After all, the bigger the brakes the more power you *surely* must have, right?

No, I am not wrong and you say it. LTA neither approves nor disapproves. If it is something that serious or problematic. I am sure, fixing after market brakes requires LTA approval. 

And exactly, like what I have said after market products sure better than stock if you choose carefully and correctly. I am not saying stocks no good but if have extra dough, just throw into your car lah.

Edited by Renegade777

Used Runstop rotors on my previous ride the Honda FIT GE. So sad Vincent is no longer in this business if Runstop SG is no more.

i used to just upgraded my front rotor size using a brand called runstop (not found anymore) and using back the stock caliper.

the result is definitely alot better than just stock brake. shorter braking distance.

You know there are companies which take Brembo brakes from production cars and have custom brackets to fit your car? I would rather have brembos. Parts are easier to find. If you get a BBK from CJ Dynamics, do you know what brake pads to get when you need to replace them? You probably wont and you have to go back to the agent to get the new pads which probably won't come cheap. This is the case with the D1 Spec BBK. I believe you can use certain AP racing BBK pads in the D1 Spec BBK but you need to take out the pad and do trial and error. Waste of time if you ask me.

Edited by Fastfive1

As mentioned by FastFive1, many used the brembo 4/2 pots removed from scrapped WRX and mounted it on Foresters. So far, it works as how it was supposed to be like in my rex after re-conditioned and serviced with new seals etc.

There are many cheaper (and also more expensive) in house brand Taiwan BKK (Forge, APi, Yellowbrakes, R Logic etc). Many only used certain brake pads, that is the issue. So need to find out what brake pads they can use. Else you will be Mr Robert Carrot with the workshop if the BKK can only use 1 kind of OEM pads.  Else they are alright as there are almost as many in the Forester group that runs with the Taiwan BKKs and no complains from them. Also need to see if your master brake cylinder can handles effectively the 8/4 pots or 6/4 pots

Guess, there is no right or 'wrong'. Which BKK to buy, IMHO, is whether aesthetically pleasing, value for money, stock availability, knowledge of the product safety and specs and a leap in faith. 

And yeah, for those who are looking at those Brembo bad-assed-make-me-so-wet 6/4 potters for your super fast rides, pls dun be seduced by the prices. A proper and effective 6/4 potter is in the region of a 5 figure ransom. 

Edited by Carhorn

On 10/8/2018 at 9:29 AM, Carhorn said:

As mentioned by FastFive1, many used the brembo 4/2 pots removed from scrapped WRX and mounted it on Foresters. So far, it works as how it was supposed to be like in my rex after re-conditioned and serviced with new seals etc.

Is there a part number of the Rex bremo 4/2 brakes that works for the forester?

Neutral Newbie

**FOR SALE** 

$1588/- for CJ Dynamics big brake kits BBK. 6 and 4 pots (red colour)

Front 6 pots with 356mm drilled holes type brake disc and rear 4 pots with 356mm drilled holes type brake disc. 

Items will be taken out on 17 July.

Check out 'CJ Dynamics big brake kits BBK. 6/4 pots (red colour)', available at S$1,588 on #Carousell https://carousell.app.link/BdFqz7qiDrb

↡ Advertisement