Touch up paint marker or bottle for Lexus

Exige

Hi,
Anyone knows where in Singapore has the widest range of paint markers?
I need to buy a paint marker or small bottle of paint to touch up a scratch.

I called Autobacs to check, but their stores don’t have the color I’m looking for. (Code: 9AL, name: Deep Garnet Metalic)

↡ Advertisement

Not Singapore but still would like to share: last time I bought online from colorndrive as I couldn't find my paint colour as well. A bit ex. US$40 includes very fast shipping like 3-4 days but it was an exact match and comes with a bunch of useful stuffs. The solution included was useful for removing excess paint.

https://colorndrive.com/en/touch-up-paint/lexus-is-c-tyrian-grey-mica-met-9al,74219/details

By the way, if your scratch can't see metal, then maybe you can just compound/polish it away.

• Praise 1

Hi,

Anyone knows where in Singapore has the widest range of paint markers?

I need to buy a paint marker or small bottle of paint to touch up a scratch.

I called Autobacs to check, but their stores don’t have the color I’m looking for. (Code: 9AL, name: Deep Garnet Metalic)

Did you try asking Borneo?

Not Singapore but still would like to share: last time I bought online from colorndrive as I couldn't find my paint colour as well. A bit ex. US$40 includes very fast shipping like 3-4 days but it was an exact match and comes with a bunch of useful stuffs. The solution included was useful for removing excess paint.

https://colorndrive.com/en/touch-up-paint/lexus-is-c-tyrian-grey-mica-met-9al,74219/details

By the way, if your scratch can't see metal, then maybe you can just compound/polish it away.

Thanks Nicholas!   [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

I saw that you've linked me up to the exact page for my paint color.

I'll call to check if Borneo has it, if not, I'll just order this.  Delivery looks really fast indeed.

Sadly, this scratch quite deep... can see metal

Did you try asking Borneo?

Not yet, but will check tomorrow   ; )

Cause I just kenna the scratch on Friday night... and i don't think borneo is available on weekends..

post-3175-0-76376100-1538294501_thumb.jpg

post-3175-0-96548600-1538294507_thumb.jpg

Edited by Exige
  • Praise 1

Thanks Nicholas!   [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]  [thumbsup]

I saw that you've linked me up to the exact page for my paint color.

I'll call to check if Borneo has it, if not, I'll just order this.  Delivery looks really fast indeed.

Sadly, this scratch quite deep... can see metal

Not yet, but will check tomorrow   ; )

Cause I just kenna the scratch on Friday night... and i don't think borneo is available on weekends..

I personally use the korea touch-up pens sold it petrol stations and Home-Fix.

1 end is a nice fine brush, the other end is a super thin metal tube applicator. Usually I use the thin metal tube after masking tape round the area to be touched up.

the standard Toyota/Lexus touch-up paints a usually either just a bottle with a huge brush built into the cap OR a metal tin can of paint where you need to use screwdriver to open the lid and provide your own brush - either will be extremely difficult to apply and you generally end up WORSE than you started, with huge blobs of paint over your scratch.

The challenge with the touch-up pens is that it is generic colours... you have to try to pick something near based on the color palette shown on the pen cap.

• Praise 1

I personally use the korea touch-up pens sold it petrol stations and Home-Fix.

1 end is a nice fine brush, the other end is a super thin metal tube applicator. Usually I use the thin metal tube after masking tape round the area to be touched up.

the standard Toyota/Lexus touch-up paints a usually either just a bottle with a huge brush built into the cap OR a metal tin can of paint where you need to use screwdriver to open the lid and provide your own brush - either will be extremely difficult to apply and you generally end up WORSE than you started, with huge blobs of paint over your scratch.

The challenge with the touch-up pens is that it is generic colours... you have to try to pick something near based on the color palette shown on the pen cap.

Thanks for the advice!   I get what you mean about the huge blobs of paint.  I've seen such marks on other cars. Now I know how they came about.  I definitely don't want such marks on my bonnet.

And indeed Lexus' touch-up paint is just a bottle with a brush attached to the cap, like a nail polish bottle.  S$15 before GST.

I guess I'll go with Nicholas' solution to get from colorndrive.

↡ Advertisement