COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2018

Carbon82

I got shortlist before step into the showrooms. However I straight away dropped the order on altis since all my family love it after test drive.

I just love the feeling that drive my family around and let them relax in the car.

Me too. I walked into Ubi Showroom with Cerato price and Brochures, was looking at L.

Toyota SE after explaining the financial, wasn't really keen. But the SE keep pushing me give a chance test drive, regardless. So, I was just saying- why not, it's free. Really back side itchy, kena hooked by it. The comfort, driving feel, ergonomics and roominess was so much more better than my 2009 Forte. 7 airbags is another big plus.

Later went to see Elantra. Super attractive and transparent package price and accessories. Was happy initially, kept telling myself, big seller cannot be so far off from Altis. Too bad, after tested drive, really didn't like the driving feel with super light steering and the low roof line.

Went back 2 days later to Cerato to check out EX and tested drive to give a fair chance so no need to pay for the pricey Altis.

Finally, driving Altis with a hole in pocket.

Dared not go Honda neighbor because Civic was few k more then. Afraid love it and wanted it. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Me too. I walked into Ubi Showroom with Cerato price and Brochures, was looking at L.

Toyota SE after explaining the financial, wasn't really keen. But the SE keep pushing me give a chance test drive, regardless. So, I was just saying- why not, it's free. Really back side itchy, kena hooked by it. The comfort, driving feel, ergonomics and roominess was so much more better than my 2009 Forte. 7 airbags is another big plus.

Later went to see Elantra. Super attractive and transparent package price and accessories. Was happy initially, kept telling myself, big seller cannot be so far off from Altis. Too bad, after tested drive, really didn't like the driving feel with super light steering and the low roof line.

Went back 2 days later to Cerato to check out EX and tested drive to give a fair chance so no need to pay for the pricey Altis.

Dared not go Honda neighbor because Civic was few k more then. Afraid love it and wanted it. 

Yep, the Civic is poisonous, especially the turbo version.  [sly]

Hopefully we can sucure coe on this round. [;)]

If you try Merc, I think you will get hook and buy Merc and pocket bigger hole.

Good luck to all brothers and sisters who are bidding for this round COE. You will all get it.

I got shortlist before step into the showrooms. However I straight away dropped the order on altis since all my family love it after test drive.

I just love the feeling that drive my family around and let them relax in the car.

Welcome to the Altis club.

Wait a minute I just realised something. My COE will be expiring in March next year. Aside from waiting for PQP to continue to slide, I could also bid for a new COE? And then apply the new COE when my existing COE expires. Is there such a thing? In this case I can always bid lower than the downward trend as a sort of a hedge. Can I?

cannot that why got PQP. u follow the three mth avg.

I think you own yourself calling it no brainer

By features:

Cerato L < Altis standard < Cerato EX < Altis elegance < Cerato SX

By price:

Cerato L < Cerato EX < Cerato SX < Altis standard < Altis elegance

Sure you get higher OMV with Altis but so what? Max you get back half when scrap, depre still more than the Ceratos.

Reliability? Kia was ranked #2 in JD Power 2018 ranking. In fact top 3 all Korean. Japan just means cost of manufacturing more ex (ok so you get more OMV), doesn't mean you instantly get better quality if the cheaper mfr has caught up in quality.

only the brand is Jap, Altiris is MIT.

and the FC doesnt seem that good anymore unlike the G9 Corolla.

I think you own yourself calling it no brainer

By features:

Cerato L < Altis standard < Cerato EX < Altis elegance < Cerato SX

By price:

Cerato L < Cerato EX < Cerato SX < Altis standard < Altis elegance

Sure you get higher OMV with Altis but so what? Max you get back half when scrap, depre still more than the Ceratos.

Reliability? Kia was ranked #2 in JD Power 2018 ranking. In fact top 3 all Korean. Japan just means cost of manufacturing more ex (ok so you get more OMV), doesn't mean you instantly get better quality if the cheaper mfr has caught up in quality.

Is it I am so unlucky with my 2009 Forte: 

- 2 times windshield cracked (initial batches defect)

- Aircon display faulty

- Year 7.5 onward (in single year) spent 4k on repairs:

=> Engine control module (sent in 3 times with many loss days before problem accurately diagnosed)

=> aircon compressor

=> gasket

=> alternator 

=> Plus some problems not repaired - ABS warning light on, steering loud squeaking sound, suspension noise over hump (claimed to be old bushing, but just changed 3+ years ago).

The survey could be done onto newer cars and gotten sponsored by certain manufacturers.

• Praise 1

- Aircon display faulty

=> Engine control module (sent in 3 times with many loss days before problem accurately diagnosed)

=> aircon compressor

=> gasket

=> alternator 

=> Plus some problems not repaired - ABS warning light on, steering loud squeaking sound, suspension noise over hump (claimed to be old bushing, but just changed 3+ years ago).

The survey could be done onto newer cars and gotten sponsored by certain manufacturers.

10+ yrs ago Kia I also wouldn't touch.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/car-technology/a14416136/how-kia-got-good/

• Praise 1

- Aircon display faulty

=> aircon compressor

=> gasket

=> alternator

10 years ago, I have made a comment about Forte being unreliable and it was still worth it to buy with a difference of 7-10k in a JDM but I was bombarded for being anti korean.

Well I am glad that I didn't have to go through those stuff. Am intending to extend my Fit probably for 5years since nothing has broken down and it is good to keep. Again it might be just pure luck that I didn't have a lemon, though I am pretty sure Korea cars cut corners somewhere to make it that cheap and still be profitable

↡ Advertisement