COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2018

Carbon82

Yep. Expect Coe prices to increase

There were only 400 outstanding Cat A bids last rd. New round mostly NG or "complimentary G" bidders, on 6 rounds (no urgency to seal the COE for ADs). You think there will be more than 1,300 sales, more like 2,000 sales, in last 2 weeks to be able to push Cat A back to rising again?

↡ Advertisement

Brisk business this round. Mass market showrooms all seeing good business especially Toyota. They sold out on vios and increase price before the weekend.

Got 'sold out' one meh? At most, delay in delivery nia.

Wait a minute I just realised something. My COE will be expiring in March next year. Aside from waiting for PQP to continue to slide, I could also bid for a new COE? And then apply the new COE when my existing COE expires. Is there such a thing? In this case I can always bid lower than the downward trend as a sort of a hedge. Can I?

• Praise 1

There were only 400 outstanding Cat A bids last rd. New round mostly NG or "complimentary G" bidders, on 6 rounds (no urgency to seal the COE for ADs). You think there will be more than 1,300 sales, more like 2,000 sales, in last 2 weeks to be able to push Cat A back to rising again?

If the vios and altis are selling like hotcakes, my view is that Coe will go up

Got 'sold out' one meh? At most, delay in delivery nia.

Yep. Vios sold out . Their bookings up to dec 2018. Very good sales for BM once again

Turbocharged

If the vios and altis are selling like hotcakes, my view is that Coe will go up

Yep. Vios sold out . Their bookings up to dec 2018. Very good sales for BM once again

Lol. Vios sold out? I bet if I go Bangkok now pay cash confirm I can drive straight out from showroom liao.

How big is the Toyota ship? Can fit 1,000 cars? 1,300+ Cat A sales in 2 weeks is bloody alot le. Even Hyundai Elantra best seller is only 300 per 2 weeks.

• Praise 1

Looking at the cheap advertised car prices on last Saturday newspaper. I believe AD are experiencing low demand.

So this wednesday, I predict Cat.A will hit below $25k

Cat.A = $24,888

Cat.B = $29,888

Cat.C = $27,888

Cat.D = $1,688

Cat.E = $30,003

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Wait a minute I just realised something. My COE will be expiring in March next year. Aside from waiting for PQP to continue to slide, I could also bid for a new COE? And then apply the new COE when my existing COE expires. Is there such a thing? In this case I can always bid lower than the downward trend as a sort of a hedge. Can I?

You can renew earlier, but you will forfeit the balance of the current COE, no refund. No such thing as holding on a COE, then use it to renew. It’s either you renew it this month using this month’s PQP, or you wait until the expiry month’s PQP to renew.

In short, just wait till March. Unless government hand come in say can loan 100% for new car, then hong kan lor.

LTA should reduce the bidding to only 1 day

after all, the 1st 2 days bo action one

save time, save manpower, save kan cheong

Asked before. They can't. Or won't.

post-57859-0-08853300-1538373047_thumb.png

Lol. Vios sold out? I bet if I go Bangkok now pay cash confirm I can drive straight out from showroom liao.

You got another home in Bangkok?lol.....

• Praise 1

Ha the SE most likely meant they will clear their ready stock in Singapore. Not interested in the VIOS so din clarify with him
  • Praise 2

Placed my order for BM Harrier Turbo.

Based on current trend, Cat B should be more or less the same? Hopefully will be able to get good news on Wednesday.

My prediction is COE car n Open categories to be sideways ie status quo.

Don’t think it will drop further as there has been some booking but I believe general sentiment is still weak hence the status quo prediction.

• Praise 2

Bidding for new COE is meant for new cars only and not meant for renewal of COE for existing cars which is extendable only by paying the PQP so u cant do what u suggested.

• Praise 4

Bidding for new COE is meant for new cars only and not meant for renewal of COE for existing cars which is extendable only by paying the PQP so u cant do what u suggested.

Ya, once COE and a car are attached, cannot be separated forever. COE follows the car. Long time ago also got some people suggested COE to follow owner rather than car so after a few years owner want to change car, just take away the remaining COE from the current car and attach to new car. So likewise you can buy a new COE and attach to a car that already has a COE attached to it before. 

Worse than marriage.

↡ Advertisement