COE Bidding – 1st Round of October 2018

Carbon82

Just personal opinion. I am OK and still happy you have disagreed with it.

Just note was a 8 years old car, not 10+. So, we shall know 8 years later if they really has improved.

Another point is I rarely see Korean at Malaysia although cheaper. The majority is Perodua due to price (basically Toyota inside). You'll see followed by Honda and Toyota. I suppose those who willing to pay more go for this 2. But rarely Korean. There must be some reasons.

↡ Advertisement

Just personal opinion. I am OK and still happy you have disagreed with it.

Just note was a 8 years old car, not 10+. So, we shall know 8 years later if they really has improved.

Another point is I rarely see Korean at Malaysia although cheaper. The majority is Perodua due to price (basically Toyota inside). You'll see followed by Honda and Toyota. I suppose those who willing to pay more go for this 2. But rarely Korean. There must be some reasons.

Well it takes time to change. 9 yrs ago still was the transition period when they just start to improve. We know Hyundai is taxi favourite now and they use their cars far more heavily than everyone. If you dunno Kia is also owned by Hyundai, and inside things a lot shared. And Kia/Hyundai topped the JD Power list since 2016. So you can criticise them for somethings but cannot cite your experience of a 2009 car as evidence that Korean no good.

P.S. I am Vios owner for 9 years (very happily) and booked on Cerato. I like Vios but their price was ridiculous when I booked (basic Vios was selling at same price as EX Cerato [crazy] ).

Edited by yishunite

If you try Merc, I think you will get hook and buy Merc and pocket bigger hole.

Good luck to all brothers and sisters who are bidding for this round COE. You will all get it.

agree. I recommended two of my friends to go Merce showroom, and i warned them to keep their check book,credit card at home before visiting showroom. End up one cam out with a A class booking and the other one step out with a E class order. it is very dangerous place to go.

Is it I am so unlucky with my 2009 Forte: 

- 2 times windshield cracked (initial batches defect)

- Aircon display faulty

- Year 7.5 onward (in single year) spent 4k on repairs:

=> Engine control module (sent in 3 times with many loss days before problem accurately diagnosed)

=> aircon compressor

=> gasket

=> alternator 

=> Plus some problems not repaired - ABS warning light on, steering loud squeaking sound, suspension noise over hump (claimed to be old bushing, but just changed 3+ years ago).

The survey could be done onto newer cars and gotten sponsored by certain manufacturers.

i drive a 2009 forte, i do not have major issue. 

windscreen is fine, as mine is the 2009  year end batch, there is a problem in the 4th year, which is the steering wheel has a tok tok sound, i get it fix for $250. then come the air con compressor dead earlier this year, which is my 8th year driving the forte now. 

• Praise 1

Online anonymous reviews dun mean anything, can pay bangla cyberarmy to write u nice review any time. JD Power ranking is very different... as I shared in the link before, 15 years ago, Kia was bottom of that ranking. Now they are top. 9 years ago wld be when they were lifting off the bottom only

Edited by yishunite

agree. I recommended two of my friends to go Merce showroom, and i warned them to keep their check book,credit card at home before visiting showroom. End up one cam out with a A class booking and the other one step out with a E class order. it is very dangerous place to go.

Hi bro, it is damn true.

• Praise 2

Well it takes time to change. 9 yrs ago still was the transition period when they just start to improve. We know Hyundai is taxi favourite now and they use their cars far more heavily than everyone. If you dunno Kia is also owned by Hyundai, and inside things a lot shared. And Kia/Hyundai topped the JD Power list since 2016. So you can criticise them for somethings but cannot cite your experience of a 2009 car as evidence that Korean no good.

P.S. I am Vios owner for 9 years (very happily) and booked on Cerato. I like Vios but their price was ridiculous when I booked (basic Vios was selling at same price as EX Cerato [crazy] ).

JD power list.

First 90 days of owner ship.lol....

https://www.jdpower.com/Cars/Ratings/Quality

No offence. Not against people buying Korean. They are big seller in Singapore for some reasons too. What I see is total ownership cost for Korean (despite add in the repair cost and the hassle sending to workshop) might still be lower than the pricey Japanese.

All the best to you getting the COE today.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

recently? new A class coming.. unless the old one is discounted.. why get the old model.

recently? new A class coming.. unless the old one is discounted.. why get the old model.

no lah, that last year and a year before.