2019 3rd Generation Mercedes-Benz B-Class (W247)

Carbon82

Just dropped by C&C last weekend. B200 sellable for 172888 with 5000 discount & 5000 credits. When asked how many sold so far during Vivo event till now, SA skipper the answer hence quite sure the take up rate n response are muted for the new B200.

Hopefully, this will make C&C treat existing its customers better !  [idea]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Taking care of existing customers well means giving them good trade-in prices so that they can up-trade & continue to drive & support the brand. This plus ensure good quality value for money in the maint of the fleet, whatever the make. Somehow the C&C of today is rather high handed, thinking they are at top. Hmm, use cases, Nokia & Sony, where they now?

Wait for B180 trim to be launched. Turbo engine can be chiptuned for more power, so u are essentially getting an "upgrade" to B200/B250 for a few Ks at outside workshop.

Wait for B180 trim to be launched. Turbo engine can be chiptuned for more power, so u are essentially getting an "upgrade" to B200/B250 for a few Ks at outside workshop.

But unfortunately this time round, B180 will be under same COE category as higher end variants due to engine output, so essentially will only be a few k lower. Not worth imho.

When a new car is introduced, it’s understandable that there’s a premium attached to it.

However at its prices, it’s going to be a much harder sell.

Previously the W246 was a top seller, even hitting top ten locally before.

I’m not sure if it will reach those levels.

Merc also needs to make sure the electronics are reliable.

Otherwise if it descends to the level of other conti brands, that won’t bode well

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

The profit from cycle is way high up. Compare the previous and the current generation E class. The price difference is 60-70k and the pre facelift and the new facelift of C class. Its almost 10k more. Furthermore there are no discount and almost naked body with not much options on the cars except they give you higher service credits. Their SE giving take it or leave it attitude.

Those reliable biggest PI cars have full options and it's way cheaper. They even have their own workshops.

• Praise 1

The profit from cycle is way high up. Compare the previous and the current generation E class. The price difference is 60-70k and the pre facelift and the new facelift of C class. Its almost 10k more. Furthermore there are no discount and almost naked body with not much options on the cars except they give you higher service credits. Their SE giving take it or leave it attitude.

Those reliable biggest PI cars have full options and it's way cheaper. They even have their own workshops.

The so call profit is shared btw Merc Asia Pac (importer) and C&C (AD).

Neutral Newbie

The so call profit is shared btw Merc Asia Pac (importer) and C&C (AD).

Definitely they are earning, but their profit margin is way too high

Neutral Newbie

Are you sure their COE is reasonable?

What COE? You mean they bid lower but telling you they bid at higher price?

Neutral Newbie

Saw it at Vivo today, was quoted $178,888 for B200.

Back seat cushion is softer, auto tailgate, nice day running light, tail light also looks better.

thanks for sharing. any idea about the quoted price for new B180?

Any existing driver in regard of the chat title ?  

I went to test drive B200, 2 days ago, everything looks fine.  

I am contemplating between the new A-Sedan or B-200.  

The former South African and the latter is Germany made.  

Price wise, marginal difference .  

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Innocuous said:

Any existing driver in regard of the chat title ?  

I went to test drive B200, 2 days ago, everything looks fine.  

I am contemplating between the new A-Sedan or B-200.  

The former South African and the latter is Germany made.  

Price wise, marginal difference .  

I saw in SG carmart that both the A & B class are made in Germany?

I've not driven either so can't really comment but A class being saloon shld be able to handle better though B class shld be more spacious so really depends on what you want.

• Praise 5

29 minutes ago, Spring said:

I saw in SG carmart that both the A & B class are made in Germany?

I've not driven either so can't really comment but A class being saloon shld be able to handle better though B class shld be more spacious so really depends on what you want.

This is what I got from my AD 

B - Germany , A Sedan - South Africa & CLA - Hungary 

These 3 cars share the same engine. The only diff is the exterior design and space. 

A Sedan is $163k , B is $170 and CLA is  $180k - retail prices.  Negotiable, based on individual bargaining skill

My driving pattern and needs , B suits me more ! 

Anyway, I am adopting a wait-&-see attitude, given my car is relatively young (5 years @54,000km) 

Let see any miracle on COE , or C&C runs year-end promotion 

Edited by Innocuous
  • Praise 2

19 minutes ago, Innocuous said:

This is what I got from my AD 

B - Germany , A Sedan - South Africa & CLA - Hungary 

These 3 cars share the same engine. The only diff is the exterior design and space. 

A Sedan is $163k , B is $170 and CLA is  $180k - retail prices.  Negotiable, based on individual bargaining skill

My driving pattern and needs , B suits me more ! 

Anyway, I am adopting a wait-&-see attitude, given my car is relatively young (5 years @54,000km) 

Let see any miracle on COE , or C&C runs year-end promotion 

If you're looking at the B, wait for a while. They've not even properly launched it so there will definitely be some over offers (read: high over-trade) along the way.

CLA - is nice but priced too high.

2 hours ago, Old-driver said:

If you're looking at the B, wait for a while. They've not even properly launched it so there will definitely be some over offers (read: high over-trade) along the way.

CLA - is nice but priced too high.

You so confident that there will be better deal on B class ?? 

3 hours ago, Innocuous said:

You so confident that there will be better deal on B class ?? 

Cant say for sure as i don't work there but knowing their style, they rotate the models they want push and dishes out goodies as and when. 

Look out for their ads on the papers or get a SE to prompt you on their offers.

12 hours ago, Old-driver said:

Cant say for sure as i don't work there but knowing their style, they rotate the models they want push and dishes out goodies as and when. 

Look out for their ads on the papers or get a SE to prompt you on their offers.

Based on what you predict,  I can buy time for Dec Xmas promo 

↡ Advertisement