Petrol Discounts in Singapore

therock

damn sway ....

went to SPC at Tampines just now ...

there was a slight que until outside the station ...

only when i reached the entrance then a staff came out and told us that they were having problem with the ron95 pumps ... pumping very slowly ... that was what was creating the long wait and que.

so ended up pumping ron98 !! 😰

haven't pump 98 in years so did not know that it cost $0.34 cents more per litre !! lucky my tank small ... only pump 36L already full.

• Haha! 4

1 minute ago, Ysc3 said:

damn sway ....

only when i reached the entrance then a staff came out and told us that they were having problem with the ron95 pumps ... pumping very slowly ... that was what was creating the long wait and que.

haven't pump 98 in years so did not know that it cost $0.34 cents more per litre !! lucky my tank small ... only pump 36L already full.

All along 98 damn ex, not worth the price unless ur car tuning or engine require u min 98

2 minutes ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

All along 98 damn ex, not worth the price unless ur car tuning or engine require u min 98

the last time i pump 98 was when i got my license and a used imprezza ... 20 years ago ... that time was only $1.60, one year later i just stuck to 95 alll the way.

so now i thought maybe 20cents diff .... but did not expect 34 cents diff per L !! 🤯

but good thing today  still got extra 5% off and i also got a $5 voucher to offset the increase.

• Praise 2

45 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

damn sway ....

your post though interesting is off topic 😀

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

damn sway ....

You choose to go to another spc to pump lo. 😂

• Haha! 2

8 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

SPC 98 is at least 10 cents cheaper than the rest.

Best value for money for 98RON @ SPC

image.thumb.png.0eefca2858143b0c06e7f7bdcbc68e6d.png

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

3 hours ago, Vinceng said:

SPC 98 is at least 10 cents cheaper than the rest.

Best value for money for 98RON @ SPC

image.thumb.png.0eefca2858143b0c06e7f7bdcbc68e6d.png

How come the price difference is so much between ron95 to ron98, whereas between ron92 to ron95 difference is only little bit?! 😂

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

How come the price difference is so much between ron95 to ron98, whereas between ron92 to ron95 difference is only little bit?! 😂

https://www.torque.com.sg/features/petrol-price-in-singapore/

Part of it is due to different amounts of excise duty levied - 56c for 92 & 95 but 64c for 98 petrol

Another is higher cost due to more additives being put into 98 petrol

The rest of it is probably higher profit margin for oil companies, since 98 is marketed as a "premium" product  :a-shoot:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

2 hours ago, 13177 said:

98 mean ur car powderful and high end

Just like in jb 95 very cheap. 

the diff in malaysia and sg is that in malaysia they subsidised 95 alot in sg they slap alot duty on 98

• Praise 1

On 12/24/2020 at 8:50 AM, Bezbee said:

Just need to be SPC member 15+5% discount from 24-28dec ... no need coupon...

not a member ? Just sign up on the spot

Hmm... i went to yishun SPC on 26th Dec and my receipt only show 15% discount 

↡ Advertisement