[Help] Less than 3 month new car got hit and run by van

howdeepisyourlove127

This hit and run Incident happened on 02/10/2018 at 9.30AM at parking lot. I parked my vehicle at parking lot. At 11.30AM I went to my vehicle and noticed there were scratches and dent, my vehicle was hit by another vehicle.

I requested from the company near parking lot to view security camera and noticed this Sliver Van when he reversed his van to park at lot beside mine and he hit my vehicle. Despite he felt impact and came down to take a look. He left without leaving contact or details. I have the video and photo of this incident.

I proceed to make a accident report online, and went down to Mazda to make accident report. After showing them the video which I saved the Mazda Claim executive said the evidence it wasn't strong. At 3pm the security guard saw the Van driver drove back his van and gave him my number asked him to call me back. The van driver called me as I answer he said with laughter and said he didn't know he bang my vehicle despite the video clearly shown he came down to look in front and behind of the vehicle and pick his colleague, drove off.

He said he want a private settle which I disagree, I questioned how can he not know he bang my car when the video shown. Some more my car is less than 3 month old. I must report which he said ok. After that the claim executive asked me to request his vehicle insurance, I sms but he didn't reply. I called him and ask for his cooperation he had the guts to raise his voice at me "you wan report you report lah, ask for my details for what. My vehicle also no scratch. Don't know you report for what." I told him he bang my car till my car paint chipped off he still can say?

At that point I was furious but did not want to argue anymore. According to the claim executive he said this 3rd party claim case is based on case by case basis and can drag for years plus my evidence is not strong, last resort will have to self claim.

I'm not looking for sympathy or online shaming this farker but rather need people advise on this kind of situation how do you handle, thanks.

The hit and run damage left on my vehicle

WUz7ix6.jpg?1

giphy.gif

↡ Advertisement

My new car they gave me free car cam but not 24/7 and when I wan install 24/7 they say will void. Which I didn't dare to. Haiz

Before i got my car last year, my SE said the same thing - that they warrant the car batt for 2 yr so dun wan parking mode to compromise the batt. I went to ask some friends who bought different cars, and they said their ADs all only gave cams that record when engine is on - presumably for the same reason.

Undeterred, I kept asking my SE how can they do this? and then finally when bringing me to collect the car, my SE said ok, can do parking mode if i really want to, but their installer will not do it, and i have to do it outside, on my own...

I know what some people will do, is to install the parking mode too, but if the ADs insist will void warranty, they will make sure they uninstall the parking mode before they (if ever need to) go and claim warranty. In any case, after first 2 yr, there is no more car batt warranty, so there's no worries anymore.

To the TS - I feel you ; had a similar incident when my car was about 3 to 4 months old. I had parked in a proper lot in a church and my car was hit on the rear door and the rear wheel arch. It was so much of heart pain that I had a splitting headache from the moment I saw it until it was fixed swee swee.

I had the same issue as you - car camera not running 24 by 7 and so as part of the fixing of the dent/scratch I invested in a separate battery pack for powering the car camera. 

There are certain things in Singapore that works worse than it would in 3rd world countries and such hit and run cases is one of those. At least in those countries you could get away after whacking the perpetrators. 

Don't get worked up over it, if its a small amount of money (for you) fix the car and move on. But fret not, Karma is a bitch and it will come back to bite the same backside that kicked it!

• Praise 4

Off the top of my head ...

Move on like what @mrlancergtx said, self repair and forget about it. Only cost $140+- to get it repainted like new. One day he will get what he deserved.

Second route, die die make him pay. Get a phone recorder and call him again. Although I read that it's not illegal to record conversations in SG, I not sure how it will work for insurance claim if he admits over the phone but don't want to pay. I don't want to hai you, so please check it's legality and if your insurance will allow you to use it.

• Praise 1

This hit and run Incident happened on 02/10/2018 at 9.30AM at parking lot. I parked my vehicle at parking lot. At 11.30AM I went to my vehicle and noticed there were scratches and dent, my vehicle was hit by another vehicle.

I requested from the company near parking lot to view security camera and noticed this Sliver Van when he reversed his van to park at lot beside mine and he hit my vehicle. Despite he felt impact and came down to take a look. He left without leaving contact or details. I have the video and photo of this incident.

I proceed to make a accident report online, and went down to Mazda to make accident report. After showing them the video which I saved the Mazda Claim executive said the evidence it wasn't strong. At 3pm the security guard saw the Van driver drove back his van and gave him my number asked him to call me back. The van driver called me as I answer he said with laughter and said he didn't know he bang my vehicle despite the video clearly shown he came down to look in front and behind of the vehicle and pick his colleague, drove off.

He said he want a private settle which I disagree, I questioned how can he not know he bang my car when the video shown. Some more my car is less than 3 month old. I must report which he said ok. After that the claim executive asked me to request his vehicle insurance, I sms but he didn't reply. I called him and ask for his cooperation he had the guts to raise his voice at me "you wan report you report lah, ask for my details for what. My vehicle also no scratch. Don't know you report for what." I told him he bang my car till my car paint chipped off he still can say?

At that point I was furious but did not want to argue anymore. According to the claim executive he said this 3rd party claim case is based on case by case basis and can drag for years plus my evidence is not strong, last resort will have to self claim.

I'm not looking for sympathy or online shaming this farker but rather need people advise on this kind of situation how do you handle, thanks.

The hit and run damage left on my vehicle

WUz7ix6.jpg?1

giphy.gif

I feel for you, but this is really a small scratch which can be easily resprayed with $200 to original condition as it is contained within 1 panel without deformation some more. Really no need to cry until like that lah, bro.

You should have accepted his offer of private settlement and move on as most likely your insurance excess would be easily double this amount. If happen again in future please ask your friends/relatives/colleagues who are experienced with cars. Worse case nobody to ask, please ask your SE who most likely would be able to advise you properly, from my past encounters. Sometimes your cluelessness will rub the wrong way, sorry to say, resulting in hostile reaction to your agressive approach to something very minor.

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 1

Apply Darlie...wait for 5 mins...rub it off in circular motion with a dry clean cotton cloth.

Move on to do other better things in life...ask Dach for ideas.

• Praise 2

Apply Darlie...wait for 5 mins...rub it off in circular motion with a dry clean cotton cloth.

Move on to do other better things in life...ask Dach for ideas.

Before trying that must wash down the spot with lots of soapy water, else might worsen the scratch area. From the reaction think TS should be very new to car ownership so better spell it out clearly in case he blame you for further damage.

If lucky the white colour patch is just transferred from the van, but think there will be some scratches after the cleaning. But very minor really.

I feel for you, but this is really a small scratch which can be easily resprayed with $200 to original condition as it is contained within 1 panel without deformation some more. Really no need to cry until like that lah, bro.

You should have accepted his offer of private settlement and move on as most likely your insurance excess would be easily double this amount. If happen again in future please ask your friends/relatives/colleagues who are experienced with cars. Worse case nobody to ask, please ask your SE who most likely would be able to advise you properly, from my past encounters. Sometimes your cluelessness will rub the wrong way, sorry to say, resulting in hostile reaction to your agressive approach to something very minor.

That's why we have people quarrel and fighting over seemingly small things in life.

Conflicts after conflicts....

from the photo cannot see the damage got dented or not.

if no dented, the white marking can be polish back, ( as good as new) i assume the van is white colour.

if dented must go workshop already ,

if u can find video of him knocking into u , u can go do 3rd party claim on him , but must have quite solid evidence and ask the workshop/  lawyer see the evidence enough or not.

if do 3rd party claim, u will be given a brand new door. 

do not be worry about opposite side didnt make accident report, as long as u have evidence on your side. 

your 3rd party workshop can chut lawyer letter to the other side to make report for the claim to go through, if no comply will be court case.

'the cruical part is evidence enough or not ' 

if no dented, the white marking can be polish back, ( as good as new) i assume the van is white colour.

if u can find video of him knocking into u , u can go do 3rd party claim on him , but must have quite solid evidence and ask the workshop/  lawyer see the evidence enough or not.

do not be worry about opposite side didnt make accident report, as long as u have evidence on your side. 

your 3rd party workshop can chut lawyer letter to the other side to make report for the claim to go through, if no comply will be court case.

Thanks.

michaelcry.gif

post-114127-0-01376300-1538532261_thumb.jpg

bro, small case lah. get it polish and move on. never waste time and effort to protect your car and keep them kim kim all the time.

look at my wife less than 1 month old car, back door was badly damaged. never want to feel heart pain or headache, just get it repaired

and move on. we had better thing to do rather than headache over a car.

• Praise 7

if u can find video of him knocking into u , u can go do 3rd party claim on him , but must have quite solid evidence and ask the workshop/ lawyer see the evidence enough or not.

Not many ws willing do 3rd party claim if no video evidence . If you know of any, please pm him

I asked my SE, colleagues and friends immediately after I discovered the dent all said the same thing go report don't do private settlement. The farker just bang and drove off, he did not leave a contact.

It was after few hours I was at Mazda making the reporting the security guard caught him return and told him to call me. Despite he is at fault he still can raise his voice. It strengthen my resolve to settle via third party claim. 

attachicon.gif208a67d6-84b5-46d4-8328-f98e8cb47026.JPG

bro, small case lah. get it polish and move on. never waste time and effort to protect your car and keep them kim kim all the time.

look at my wife less than 1 month old car, back door was badly damaged. never want to feel heart pain or headache, just get it repaired

and move on. we had better thing to do rather than headache over a car.

Sorry to hear that, how much does the repair cost?

↡ Advertisement