Multimillion-Dollar Civil Suits against 3 Workers’ Party MPs

Carbon82

46 minutes ago, Freeder said:

WP machiam like sugarcane ...

kanna squeezed until dry dry..😅

Huh, a lot of peasants on the ground also feel the same way not just WP.

You see the queue in Singapore Pools? :chilling:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Even dry dry already still kenna squeezeeeeeee.

Make sure no chap is missed.

Plus add water... more zhup..

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

5 hours ago, Wind30 said:

I don't remember but I googled...

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/current-affairs-lounge-17/pap-1997-omg-absolutely-ridiculous-5126683.html

This attorney general Chan Sek Keong went on the be our CHIEF JUSTICE for 6 freaking years..........

It is such stuff that makes you want to vote for opposition. 

The other incident in my mind of the Halimah election thing and how they can say our first elected president is not President Ong.

To me, I think this has shown how low they have dropped when they can give arguments which they know are not convincing to anyone.  

when I revisited the issues over and over again

I realized that technically (legal) the AG was never wrong 

however, logically and morally, is never an issue in the courts

eg you took a sampan to a kelong from a jetty to fish, you caught a fish while at the kelong

however, law stated you cannot use the water for any reasons

because nobody actually caught you or video taped you in a sampan in the water travelling to the kelong, who can proof you actually did? innocent until proven otherwise

but there is NO law that state you cannot fish on the kelong

but someone video taped you fishing in the kelong

because the two are separate issues as defined by the law

so technically, you did not commit a crime

but logically and morally, it seems you did

the AG certainly deserves to be the CJ, smart cookie

that is why if you ever in trouble with the law, it pays to get the best lawyer you can find

Edited by Ash2017
  • Praise 2
  • Shocked 1

9 hours ago, Weez911 said:

It's over. Even if they can pay the damages, the electorate has lost their confidence in them. This is a popularity contest, remember?

I do hope to be proved wrong next year.

Don't give up. When the donation drive starts, do your part.

• Praise 4

I am hoping to see more opposition win the seat and then for government to review the handing over of town council procedure and systems. 

The review should be towards cost effective and efficient. For system wise, remove the need for new party to set up own system. The new party should be able to just use back whatever system that had already been with town council from the previous party.

A new non partician team should be formed to specifically look to ensure that everything is handover properly and new party do not need to fork out cost to build new system. Use the previous party existing system. If any previous party float that rule, they will be taken to task. This is due to it does not benefit citizens and is very cost wasting. 

• Praise 2

20 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I am hoping to see more opposition win the seat and then for government to review the handing over of town council procedure and systems. 

The review should be towards cost effective and efficient. For system wise, remove the need for new party to set up own system. The new party should be able to just use back whatever system that had already been with town council from the previous party.

A new non partician team should be formed to specifically look to ensure that everything is handover properly and new party do not need to fork out cost to build new system. Use the previous party existing system. If any previous party float that rule, they will be taken to task. This is due to it does not benefit citizens and is very cost wasting. 

WP can organize a celebratory party if they don’t lose Aljunied 

26 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

you pap supporter leh....but hope oppo win more seats?

another one with nimby syndrome ah?

🤔🤣

41 minutes ago, Enye said:

you pap supporter leh....but hope oppo win more seats?

another one with nimby syndrome ah?

🤔🤣

Actually I am neutral. I see person. I feel there is one person in pap that need to be replaced. He is the one that causes so much havoc. Replaced him with a more towards citizen and not towards ownself. That's what I feel. 

You see, the handing and taking over of town council when new party get elected does not make sense. Why need to waste money rebuild own system where existing system is already in place. Just need to take over and continue running. It will save a lot of cost. End up benefit everyone. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 5

6 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Actually I am neutral. I see person. I feel there is one person in pap that need to be replaced. He is the one that causes so much havoc. Replaced him with a more towards citizen and not towards ownself. That's what I feel. 

You see, the handing and taking over of town council when new party get elected does not make sense. Why need to waste money rebuild own system where existing system is already in place. Just need to take over and continue running. It will save a lot of cost. End up benefit everyone. 

Bob the Builder?

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
7 hours ago, Yewheng said:

personally, i would like to hear what either party can do for the people.

but sadly, nowadays its all about smearing instead.

9 hours ago, Ash2017 said:

when I revisited the issues over and over again

I realized that technically (legal) the AG was never wrong 

however, logically and morally, is never an issue in the courts

eg you took a sampan to a kelong from a jetty to fish, you caught a fish while at the kelong

however, law stated you cannot use the water for any reasons

because nobody actually caught you or video taped you in a sampan in the water travelling to the kelong, who can proof you actually did? innocent until proven otherwise

but there is NO law that state you cannot fish on the kelong

but someone video taped you fishing in the kelong

because the two are separate issues as defined by the law

so technically, you did not commit a crime

but logically and morally, it seems you did

the AG certainly deserves to be the CJ, smart cookie

that is why if you ever in trouble with the law, it pays to get the best lawyer you can find

I agree bro. All playing on technicality. Just want to see them dead.

• Praise 1

currently with all the available information

it may seem WP may loose more than the can chew

the reasons being

WP had been awfully quiet over the last few years which is disappointing, when there is a chance to attack on issues they play safe

the Town Council saga is certainly going to sway some people away

the focus is on TCB and his party, TCB party may be the new "WP" 

things are dynamic so until the election results are out, it is anybody's guess

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

currently with all the available information

it may seem WP may loose more than the can chew

the reasons being

WP had been awfully quiet over the last few years which is disappointing, when there is a chance to attack on issues they play safe

the Town Council saga is certainly going to sway some people away

the focus is on TCB and his party, TCB party may be the new "WP" 

things are dynamic so until the election results are out, it is anybody's guess

really? My view is the other way. From this town council saga, I see that they really try their best in providing the best services to their elected grc, to the extent they kenna sue.

if they are switch off like u say, this law suit will not even take place....

I think talk is cheap... serving the residents is more impt.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4