Multimillion-Dollar Civil Suits against 3 Workers’ Party MPs

Carbon82

Former Ang Mo Kio Town Council general manager, company director plead guilty to corruption charges
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/former-ang-mo-kio-town-council-general-manager-company-director-11377212

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, Lethalstrike said:

I'm a bit curious and I will to ask anyone who is staying in Aljunied GRC. 

If you are, is your estate well looked after and it's clean most of the time? I know mine is not perfect, there are lapses in terms of overall cleanliness within my Kallang Moulmein ward.

I stay in Aljunied GRC and in fact it is much cleaner than Jalan Besar GRC where i work. In aljunied GRC where i stay, the cleaners are provided with a rubbish collection cart (semi auto) whereby just require one person to drive it next to a rubbish chute and he pulls out the bin, load it into the holder before pressing a button or lever and it will clear the bin. The cart comes with a water tank so that the cleaner is able to wash the chute as well. At Jalan Besar GRC, they still require 2 cleaners to manually push the big green rubbish bin to clear and just use a mop and wipe the rubbish chute floor.

So if the 3 MPs had misuse the money and cause AHTC to have lack of funding, i wonder why they are able to provide more efficient ways of clearing and maintaining cleanliness then other wards that has no issue?

• Praise 8

45 minutes ago, Iceman81 said:

At Jalan Besar GRC, they still require 2 cleaners to manually push the big green rubbish bin to clear and just use a mop and wipe the rubbish chute floor.

So if the 3 MPs had misuse the money and cause AHTC to have lack of funding, i wonder why they are able to provide more efficient ways of clearing and maintaining cleanliness then other wards that has no issue?

wa lau.... you dam one kind ....

write this on a saturday afternoon.... i bet the wats app group for JB GRC TC now very hot liao..... weekend burn liao for them 😂

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Town councils are funded by our tax money no? Town councils should be apolitical. 

So when aljunied was under PAP, the system was funded by our tax money. 

Who gives PAP the right to take away the system funded by our tax money, and ask the in coming political party to refund it? 

Who? It's those 70 per cent who gave pap that right? Are you one of the 70 per cent?

• Praise 1

53 minutes ago, Iceman81 said:

I stay in Aljunied GRC and in fact it is much cleaner than Jalan Besar GRC where i work. In aljunied GRC where i stay, the cleaners are provided with a rubbish collection cart (semi auto) whereby just require one person to drive it next to a rubbish chute and he pulls out the bin, load it into the holder before pressing a button or lever and it will clear the bin. The cart comes with a water tank so that the cleaner is able to wash the chute as well. At Jalan Besar GRC, they still require 2 cleaners to manually push the big green rubbish bin to clear and just use a mop and wipe the rubbish chute floor.

U need to read the judgement carefully, all 300 plus pages 🙂

I don’t think they have concluded that ahtc has overpaid the fmss for their services. I think it is only about the appointment process. 
the next part is determining the damages which is how much ahtc has overpaid if any at all.

i think all these is a big waste of time and money as it’s obvious there is no malicious intent from workers party. I think it reflects pretty badly on pap.

I still don’t know who is paying for Davinder Singh salary.... anyone knows?

• Praise 4

47 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

Who? It's those 70 per cent who gave pap that right? Are you one of the 70 per cent?

Dun stir the unnecessary shit here.

If u r here for constructive discussion, stay. If not, GTFO.

Edited by Unfazed
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

55 minutes ago, Playtime said:

wa lau.... you dam one kind ....

write this on a saturday afternoon.... i bet the wats app group for JB GRC TC now very hot liao..... weekend burn liao for them 😂

Mai like that lar, hahahah. Just saying the truth from my own observations, if cannot take the truth nothing to say for them. Btw, seems like JBTC website down, hahaha.

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

U need to read the judgement carefully, all 300 plus pages 🙂

I don’t think they have concluded that ahtc has overpaid the fmss for their services. I think it is only about the appointment process. 
the next part is determining the damages which is how much ahtc has overpaid if any at all.

i think all these is a big waste of time and money as it’s obvious there is no malicious intent from workers party. I think it reflects pretty badly on pap.

I still don’t know who is paying for Davinder Singh salary.... anyone knows?

Well, i am just responding to lethalstrike since he asked who stays in AHTC. With regards to the last part of my post, it is just an assumption on my part that if they had overpaid. 🙂

• Praise 1

After winning the aljunied constitution,  pap gave wp only 1 month notice to terminate all software support which runs the town council, this is followed  EM services playing politic with wp 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sg.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/town-council-spat-puts-spotlight-on-pap-042316314.html?fbclid=IwAR3qcaEIyeQey81ZNjCY8Rgy4PrthuvppS6SBXSl1n15NaX35jrflo8ehuE

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/defence-explains-why-workers-party-decided-to-drop-old-town-council-managing

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 9
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, Staff69 said:

After winning the aljunied constitution,  pap gave wp only 1 month notice to terminate all software support which runs the town council, this is followed  EM services playing politic with wp 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sg.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/town-council-spat-puts-spotlight-on-pap-042316314.html?fbclid=IwAR3qcaEIyeQey81ZNjCY8Rgy4PrthuvppS6SBXSl1n15NaX35jrflo8ehuE

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/defence-explains-why-workers-party-decided-to-drop-old-town-council-managing

In my industry,  if I quit... or my boss fired me.. i am expected to do proper handover in good faith.

If I tried anything even near this stunt,  I guarantee they will commence to put me in serious trouble. No ifs or buts...

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Unfazed said:

Dun stir the unnecessary shit here.

If u r here for constructive discussion, stay. If not, GTFO.

Why should i listen to you?I like to do whatever i want. What can you do to me? 999? 995. Get a clown life and stop clowning around.

Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Iceman81 said:

Good to know that, I had a suspicion that WP wards are cleaner than PAP wards. I've visited friends staying in Hougang SMC and noticed the clean estate as well. 

Yes, as you mentioned, clearing the rubbish chute is still a two man affair in my GRC and sometimes the two banglas just splash some water on the floor of the rubbish chute after clearing the rubbish. A shitty way of doing it right if you ask me. 

I've talked to an old gentleman in charge of sweeping the floor of my block and he told me that it used to be 2 person cover 2 blocks, now he has to cover both blocks alone on top of clearing the rubbish bins at lift landings. And my conservancy charges increased also...knn. 

• Praise 2

16 minutes ago, Vratenza said:

I LOL at that question.... And the rest of MCFers who knows me also will LOL along with me. 

Dioboh@ @Angcheek @RadX @Vid@Picnic06-Biante15

Does not matter anymore.  Simi % also cannot save them now. Once they  bankrupt,  they cannot be mp anymore. I see aljunied grc returning back to pap.  It could be better for the residents.  Who knows?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1