Multimillion-Dollar Civil Suits against 3 Workers’ Party MPs

Carbon82

5 hours ago, Playtime said:

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/peoples-association-not-politicised-chan-chun-sing

Some think he is PM material... I shudder at the thought.. give him power and true colours who'l come. 

Some? Who? 

Tharman I can understand, even support. 

Even Heng Swee Keat, I get the argument. 

But the only idiots who think this idiot CCS is PM material are the deluded ones who're drunk on the ruling party's kool aid. 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Yewheng said:

There is really a problem being PA that has more say then an MP.

1st, Coz PA is not voted by people of that constituency, so how can PA have more say then of the MP? 

Secondly, by giving PA a lot of power, these people on top somehow because want to put a good books to their boss, so end up maybe blinded because of that and approved or put in cases based on what that think is good for bosses to see. However bosses may not necessary want to go in that direction. So end up how? People in that constituency may get slight inconvenience, like the Pritam Singh example on the barrier access free ramp which by right just need a few months to complete, end up it took 7 years. 

So haiz.. 

Organs of state have already been used against own blood brother and nephew. Is there anything else they won't do? 

PA is just another tool at their disposal, to give trouble to WP for ward management related issues. 

• Praise 6

as I read the postings here I am really amused by the following facts:

1. we should actually slap ourselves out of our slumber because we keep complain and complain but we fail to realize that WE are the ones who put them in, in the first place

2. no political party is there to here another political party to win

3. each policy or directive made, nobody got the b a l l s to complain, all only complain behind close doors, after a few glass of beers complain a bit louder at kopitam, or complain in forum. those who come out to complain on our behalf instead of supporting them we turn tail and condemn them instead

4. the painful truth is majority of us are just plain selfish and individualistic, if we stand together as 1 people, you think any political party would just bull-doze there way around.

• Praise 2

when we observe an action taken by PA we have to becareful how we judge their action if it is politically motivated

sometimes it is extremely difficult

let me explain 

PA works directly under the government

who forms the government of the day.... ruling party

the lines are very clear, but public confused between government activity and ruling party activity because citizens had been to associate government = PAP and PAP = government

so before we go shooting PA we need to search facts 

with the town council saga

many blame the ruling party or WP

but many forgot that the elephant in the room is the HDB

HDB has decades of experience running town councils, and are in know

so if any town councils run foul then HDB should be the entity to toe them back in line

unfortunately, HDB has the ambition to make money had form jv to manage town councils and here there is a conflict of interest

• Praise 3

14 minutes ago, Playtime said:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/khaw-town-councils-political-by-nature

Political they say.. not political also they say. 

Also there was a case of a pap town council staff sacked for attanding opposition rally iirc..

can help correct me if I am wrong

WP accused of getting managing agent (no political member) without tender

is it also true that PAP sold town council software to AIM (with 3 ex-political party members) without tender

are both facts true

• Praise 6

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

can help correct me if I am wrong

WP accused of getting managing agent (no political member) without tender

is it also true that PAP sold town council software to AIM (with 3 ex-political party members) without tender

are both facts true

Tender was called. Only AIM submitted a bid. A $2 company with a registered address of PAP HQ, bought the software developed with residents money.

Check out yawning bread.

https://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/pap-mis-aimed-faces-blowback-part-3/

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Tender was called. Only AIM submitted a bid. A $2 company with a registered address of PAP HQ, bought the software developed with residents money.

Check out yawning bread.

https://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2012/12/30/pap-mis-aimed-faces-blowback-part-3/

Thank you, Bro

so legally the ruling party did not do anything wrong even if the tender was a wayang or not

so in short, for any future political candidate (yoohoo RadX), cannot afford to take short cut regardless how dire or straightforward the reasons are

the ruling party has always very meticulous about legality

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

Check out yawning bread.

He is one of THE most underrated bloggers.. always backing up with data and sound reason.

Too bad he gone silent. 

I dare anyone to do a AIM with their employers and set what happens 🙄

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Ash2017 said:

Thank you, Bro

so legally the ruling party did not do anything wrong even if the tender was a wayang or not

so in short, for any future political candidate (yoohoo RadX), cannot afford to take short cut regardless how dire or straightforward the reasons are

the ruling party has always very meticulous about legality

I would not jump to your conclusion since it was not examined by our learned judge but a little q&a was conducted at the parliament.

• Praise 2

People should wake up and start separating things.

Ruling party, PAP, PA, Town Council, Mayor, Ntuc, etc.

They are not necessary the same or should be from the same ruling party.

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

People should wake up and start separating things.

Ruling party, PAP, PA, Town Council, Mayor, Ntuc, etc.

They are not necessary the same or should be from the same ruling party.

Those who are vocal like you and me have already woken up long ago. 

There are plenty of others who honestly don't care about this sort of thing as long as things "just work". They are a good part of the 70 percent. They are not in need of waking up, they simply don't care about this sort of thing. 

They will be impossible to convince until some specific policy happens to personally affect them. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 5

Give up guys. I have, since the 2015 GE.

Of course I will still do my part but I don’t expect any drastic change in my lifetime.

• Praise 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Of course I will still do my part but I don’t expect any drastic change in my lifetime.

I'm on the same page. 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

You give up but are you planning to leave?

Otherwise your kid will be stuck in this shithole.

18 minutes ago, Kusje said:

All boys by 16 cannot leave this island le. 

I don't think you can give up pink IC after 16 unless after serve NS.

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Kusje said:

Had Canadian PR but expired. Parents are here.

If one have the right situation and capability, better to vote with the feet than with the ballot paper.

No kids, fortunately.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement