Multimillion-Dollar Civil Suits against 3 Workers’ Party MPs

Carbon82

By the way, why CSM not involved in this lawsuit? I just don't understand. He is also one of the aljunied grc mp right? All kanna except him... Puzzled...

Some plants can't tahan being exposed... to light I mean. :D
↡ Advertisement

what i understand are the following:

there is no criminal breach but a civil sue

after audit for more than 2 years nothing of criminal is found

why the 3 jokers appointment committee sue the MPs? 

the 3 jokers were chosen by the MPs themselves

I think the Mps now have less sympathy from the public especially the recent fiasco in parliament when they agreed that ministers should have high salary

• Praise 4

I was at Blk 401 Hougang for lunch amd saw WP people selling hammer newspaper, the response from public is non Chalent, only 1 person approach them to speak to them, surely not a good sign.

Fyi, Blk 401 Hougang is in Aljunied grc .

bring in the $2 IT company please....

I am disgusted at how the papers interpret the news.

Bloody walking dog.

They should just start with AIM. That one cost millions to develop using public money but is now privately owned by a political party. Biggest elephant in the room. Really too much.

CEO of Temasek how come never get sued for conflict of interest?

i'm interested to see if the arguments against wp can be used against temssek

Let's start with Ho Ching's salary....

These 2 are what many wanted to find out too, and I hope it can be cited in this lawsuit (although I know chances are slim).

Right, we need all town council and government agencies to list out if the Bosses or key man of the companies that is awarded government contract has any relationship with anyone in-charge for full transparency.

Let’s start with $400k consultation fee for building a rubbish storage area!

This is too much, how can give to ”own people “ only.

Like this case?

MP Lee Bee Wah defends her company’s involvement in a project in her constituency

• Praise 7

instead of doing some actual work to score points with the ppl.

they put all their effort to take points away from opposition .

they are more interested in wacking opposition then servicing the nation i feel.

some where along the line,

suddenly their policy is '

as long as no opposition, they confirm 100 % +chop is goving party.'

• Praise 7

they are more interested in wacking opposition then servicing the nation i feel.

It is a tactical move inherited from 2nd PM.

• Praise 1

During my ns, i always wondered what to say to soldiers if they decide it's not worthy defending such system.. esp if they and their family subject to "Fixing" cos they live in opposition ward.

If your aging parents need to climb stairs cos they specially chosen to be denied estate upgrading for political punishment.. NS will have whole new feelings...

Because of my job nature, i interacted with many town councils and talked to their officers, i saw the wastage in pap wards and the "Fixing" of opposition ones.. i had a political awakening there and then..

• Praise 6

Actually what i don't understand from the start is why this independent panel of auditors are suing them? They just do their job, submit their findings and let authorities (AG?) take over right? How come they can sue the council? In what capacity? So if my auditor audit my company's accounts and not happy with it, they can sue my company also? 

That this panel was appointed by the town council themselves just makes it more ridiculous. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Actually what i don't understand from the start is why this independent panel of auditors are suing them? They just do their job, submit their findings and let authorities (AG?) take over right? How come they can sue the council? In what capacity? So if my auditor audit my company's accounts and not happy with it, they can sue my company also? 

That this panel was appointed by the town council themselves just makes it more ridiculous. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Maybe the independent panel hands were tied, if they dont sue, all their dirty linens like pak tor with Radx will all come out in social media with photos too. The truth is nobody knows until the public learnt that we need a sizeable alternative voice in parliament to question and putting the interest of citizens first.

You and have a chance to change.... 2020

• Praise 1

I was at Blk 401 Hougang for lunch amd saw WP people selling hammer newspaper, the response from public is non Chalent, only 1 person approach them to speak to them, surely not a good sign.

Fyi, Blk 401 Hougang is in Aljunied grc .

There are a few possible reasons for what you saw.

1) many aren't singaporean although place is crowded.

2) not many willing to buy political paper even through they support opposition

3) when PAP is around, majority are their network people not truely residents

Our society is not into politic but more about food which is what most government would like to have.

Workers' Party took on a town council which was 'stripped of its computer system': Defence

The audit reports that two town councils are basing their lawsuits against Workers’ Party (WP) Members of Parliament and other defendants on fail to recognise the circumstances they were in, including taking on a town council which was “stripped of its town council management computer system (TCMS)”, the defence said on Monday (Oct 8).

Hard for opposition town councils to find managing agents, AHTC’s previous vendor an ‘unwilling horse’: Defence

Opposition town councils face difficulties finding managing agents that are willing to do the job, which is why the Workers’ Party (WP) turned to FM Solutions and Services (FMSS) to manage Aljunied-Hougang Town Council, said the defence on Monday (Oct 8).

AHTC trial: Payment to FMSS properly approved by WP chairman Sylvia Lim, says defence

SINGAPORE - A system was in place to ensure that the monthly payments Aljunied-Hougang Town Council (AHTC) made to its managing agent were signed off and approved by Workers' Party (WP) chairman Sylvia Lim.

AHTC trial: Defence explains why Workers' Party decided to drop old town council managing agent

SINGAPORE - Workers' Party (WP) terminated the contract of CPG Facilities Management, which had been appointed when the People's Action Party (PAP) ran Aljunied Town Council, because the ruling party had a track record of making "things difficult for opposition town councils", Senior Counsel Chelva Rajah said on Monday (Oct 8).

AHTC trial: $1.2 million in project fees was for ad hoc, large-scale projects and not 'improper' payments

SINGAPORE - What a senior accountant deemed to be wrongful payments to a managing agent by a Workers' Party-led town council was also practised by its People's Action Party (PAP) predecessors.

Wah the last one is :yuush:  :a-popcorn:  :a-popcorn: 

• Praise 8

just curious... WP so many supporters as seen in their rally and in MCF.... but none of them are managing agents that can step out and help them?

many businessman plying local market don't want to be openly seen as ally to wp.........because it means they have less business in future knowing how narrow minded pap and their cronies are.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5