Multimillion-Dollar Civil Suits against 3 Workers’ Party MPs

Carbon82

12 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

really? My view is the other way. From this town council saga, I see that they really try their best in providing the best services to their elected grc, to the extent they kenna sue.

if they are switch off like u say, this law suit will not even take place....

I think talk is cheap... serving the residents is more impt.

I agree with you but a lot of people out there are not so analytical like you

majority would just take what is reported in the newspaper and what the law minister said in face value

that is the disadvantage to the WP

true talk is cheap and serving the residents is more important

can I ask you did the ruling party MPs serve their residents any worse, eg Tin PL

apart from maintaining the status quo in service were there any thing that is outstanding

humans are basically greedy

it is like potong pasir, after chiam lost, suddenly so many happening things happened

how would residents staying their decide

you look into your neighboring ward and you see big differences

how

easy to say sacrifice for the nation but it is because it is not in our own estate

many are not willing because they have to bear it out for at least another 5 years

people choose to see you or me as what they want to see

they don't read every post you write and label you either pro or anti certain party

it doesn't matter

in the end they too have to pay the price for what they choose to believe

I really feel sorry for Singapore, because many well educated people here in Singapore are no different from those protestors in HK in their thinking, they just don't even have the insight to realize that

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

It is sickening to see residents money being weaponised for political ends. Who owns the TCMS? Residents or TC?

To my mind, AIM started all this mess though the learned judge disagreed.

And lawsuits are financial violence to silence dissent....any different from the hammers and steel pipes used by HK thugs? Sad.

• Praise 13

Common plight of singapore opposition politicians - either tio sue until teng kor becum bankrupt or exiled into other countries

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ash2017 said:

I agree with you but a lot of people out there are not so analytical like you

majority would just take what is reported in the newspaper and what the law minister said in face value

Hmm let me guess, today saturday straits times at least front page headlines news plus 3 pages behind whacking WP for incompetence?

• Praise 4

The outcome should be “ within expectations “ right ? 
I doubt anyone of us here expect that the 3 WP MP will not be found guilty of whatever they are being charged. 
Faster GE lah,  once in 5 years chance to officially show my disapproval of current party.

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 1

33 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Faster GE lah,  once in 5 years chance to officially show my disapproval of current party.

And for overwhelmingly more people to show that either they side with bullies or don't give an aerobatic act of sexual congress either way. 

Getting really disappointed with my "fellow" Singaporeans every 5 years is about as much as I can take. 

• Praise 7

10 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

And for overwhelmingly more people to show that either they side with bullies or don't give an aerobatic act of sexual congress either way. 

Getting really disappointed with my "fellow" Singaporeans every 5 years is about as much as I can take. 

Boss, can explain in layman engerish ? No really understand, too deep Liao 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, RH1667 said:

Boss, can explain in layman engerish ? No really understand, too deep Liao 😁

LOL, if I put it plainly, I'll just get flamed.

I'll just say that we're in a minority, and we must be prepared for that.

• Praise 7

1 hour ago, TangoCharlie said:

It is sickening to see residents money being weaponised for political ends. Who owns the TCMS? Residents or TC?

To my mind, AIM started all this mess though the learned judge disagreed.

And lawsuits are financial violence to silence dissent....any different from the hammers and steel pipes used by HK thugs? Sad.

It was really a master stroke..

The moment they realise they may lose seats,  they fast hand fast leg started the TC system.  So they can carry out targeted strikes at disobedient voters. Other wise,  if centralised, very hard to justify why certain wards specially targeted for punishment. 

Just imagine if old system  how to tell the civil service rank and file that certain wards must punish?😳

Now so much easier. 

And the rejected pap candidate seem can act like godfather behind tbe scenes.. who sometime seem to have more powers than the elected mp.

Today ST say WP is after political interest 🤯.. the whole TC system is set up for PAP political interest never say. 

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

LOL, if I put it plainly, I'll just get flamed.

I'll just say that we're in a minority, and we must be prepared for that.

I would say, we were made the minority with so many FT coming in. From wat I know, almost all FT will vote for incumbent. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Yeshe said:

I would say, we were made the minority with so many FT coming in. From wat I know, almost all FT will vote for incumbent. 

Not true bro. I know many born in sg citizens who are damn gung-ho in favour of the incumbent. Quite a few here too. 

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

14 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Actually I am neutral. I see person. I feel there is one person in pap that need to be replaced. He is the one that causes so much havoc. Replaced him with a more towards citizen and not towards ownself. That's what I feel. 

You see, the handing and taking over of town council when new party get elected does not make sense. Why need to waste money rebuild own system where existing system is already in place. Just need to take over and continue running. It will save a lot of cost. End up benefit everyone. 

Town councils are funded by our tax money no? Town councils should be apolitical. 

So when aljunied was under PAP, the system was funded by our tax money. 

Who gives PAP the right to take away the system funded by our tax money, and ask the in coming political party to refund it? 

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 1

I'm a bit curious and I will to ask anyone who is staying in Aljunied GRC. 

If you are, is your estate well looked after and it's clean most of the time? I know mine is not perfect, there are lapses in terms of overall cleanliness within my Kallang Moulmein ward.

Edited by Lethalstrike

At least they are honest and efficient in direct appointment of the managing agent.

Other places waste people's time, resource and money for 3 quotes  wayang but end result is still same.

Other places not in sg lah. Of course not, no sir... 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Yeshe said:

That is so sad. We are minority...and marginalised/sidelined to a certain extent

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Karoon said:

At least they are honest and efficient in direct appointment of the managing agent.

Other places waste people's time, resource and money for 3 quotes  wayang but end result is still same.

Other places not in sg lah. Of course not, no sir... 

The thing is,  there was what seemed like an attempt to take down the TC to crash it on day one. Scorched earth ...

According to what was reported,  contractors and staff had no intention to make a smooth handover, AIM  is very good timing too.. when house on fire,  you put it out immediately with what you can muster. That the wp did wonderfully.

If anything,  a TC is a critical institute,  anyone who did not try everything to make sure it worked should be held to account.. obviously including anyone whose action is determined to be sabotaging it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4