Multimillion-Dollar Civil Suits against 3 Workers’ Party MPs

Carbon82

I reading with cautions on the updates of the trial. While details unveiled so far seems to point out some wrong doings by the PAP managed TC (before changing hands to WP), but let not forget the objectives of the suit, i.e. to recover $$$ from the 3 WP members. So now the key question are:

1) Even IF WP are doing what PAP has been doing for the past many donkey years, can they walk away from the suit unscathed?

2) IF WP is merely following what PAP has been doing in the past, what make them different from the MIW? What will be their stand come the next GE?

3) Will repeatedly exposing the wrong doings of the MIW bring them to the next level? If not, what is their strategy (mid and long term)?

regular.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

I think WP saw it coming and they welcome it. Otherwise nobody knows what is going on. Is it really abuse of funds as what it's claim to be? The public also get to know the details. And of course ruling party won't hand the computers over to WP it's what they have worked from scratch over the years. WP cannot expect them to hand over that. They have to go thru the same sh!t and get things going come up with their own version sooner or later. Some ppl might say it's a waste of time. I think it's not. If you want transparency....this is it.

This is unprecedented as ppl would call it. Never in sgp history had an opposition won a grc. Smc they have won before back when ah gong's time. Managing an smc vs grc is vastly different. The public will be keen to see how an opposition party is able to overcome and manage, whether they are up to the task. If even this they cannot manage they are not....worthy? Who would want to cast their vote the next coming election? The lawsuit is crucial to their survival in the near future.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

I reading with cautions on the updates of the trial. While details unveiled so far seems to point out some wrong doings by the PAP managed TC (before changing hands to WP), but let not forget the objectives of the suit, i.e. to recover $$$ from the 3 WP members. So now the key question are:

1) Even IF WP are doing what PAP has been doing for the past many donkey years, can they walk away from the suit unscathed?

2) IF WP is merely following what PAP has been doing in the past, what make them different from the MIW? What will be their stand come the next GE?

3) Will repeatedly exposing the wrong doings of the MIW bring them to the next level? If not, what is their strategy (mid and long term)?

regular.jpg

interesting, if you read the hearing/trials, the defence lawyer have asked the auditor hawkes many times whether each of the improper acts he raised up deems that money should be recovered from the perpetrator , ie 3 WP defendants.  each time hawkes replied that it is improper under the town council financial rules, but money shouldn't be recoverable.

i don't know why the so called independent panel saw it fit to start a civil lawsuit against the 3 wp members when the key witness already say no need to recover money from the accused.  it is clear so far that money should not be recovered from the  accused and hence the civil suit is not warranted.  if there is any case against them, it should be for lesser charge of infringing the town council financial rules but for which is not rules that bounded wp members and hence no disciplinary action can be instituted against them. it is also not a law, that's why it is not a criminal case..........so the people behind this independent panel found no other way to punish wp, then just let loose and anyhow fire at them for a flippant case?

the pic you shared is not appropriate because wp is not doing wrong.....the town council financial rules are just rules written by people without applying to actual ground situation running the operations.  that's why even pap town councils are running this way.  if no one is running the operations this way, it shows the rules are just impractical, even if you believe it to be right.

Edited by Acemundo
  • Praise 3

Let's us called them defendants rather than accused! 

I am very confused as to why the Independent Panel becomes the plaintiff!

• Praise 1

Let's us called them defendants rather than accused! 

I am very confused as to why the Independent Panel becomes the plaintiff!

yes, i find it completely waste of taxpayers' monies and everyone's time to commence a suit on such a flippant consideration and grounds.....the key witness also say money shouldn't be recovered.....they can at most charge them for infringing the town council financial rules......but what is the prescribed punishment for infringing the rules?  i believe none......that's why the persons behind the scene is instigating the panel to start a suit on such weak standing.

yes, i find it completely waste of taxpayers' monies and everyone's time to commence a suit on such a flippant consideration and grounds.....the key witness also say money shouldn't be recovered.....they can at most charge them for infringing the town council financial rules......but what is the prescribed punishment for infringing the rules?  i believe none......that's why the persons behind the scene is instigating the panel to start a suit on such weak standing.

There is no Independent Panel to take up Lehmann Bro's case?

Edited by Fitvip

There is no Independent Panel to take up Leman Bro's case?

haha no........even lehmann brother such big case also no independent panel.....

our town council case is so weak, yet got independent panel saw it fit to start a law suit.....you get a sense of how independent is this panel and how powerful are the people behind this panel

haha no........even lehmann brother such big case also no independent panel.....

our town council case is so weak, yet got independent panel saw it fit to start a law suit.....you get a sense of how independent is this panel and how powerful are the people behind this panel

IMHO, the Independent Panel has exceeded their powers, or something else! 

IMHO, the Independent Panel has exceeded their powers, or something else! 

they have exceeded the ostensible part of their powers......but granted more un-ostensible power by people behind the scenes.

they have exceeded the ostensible part of their powers......but granted more un-ostensible power by people behind the scenes.

...taking instruction...

by the way, lawyer fees ... court fees ... admin fees ... cha pa lang fees

who pay huh? prosecutor part = ah gong pay = tax payer money?

AHTC = TC pay = resident money?

yes, i find it completely waste of taxpayers' monies and everyone's time to commence a suit

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

by the way, lawyer fees ... court fees ... admin fees ... cha pa lang fees

who pay huh? prosecutor part = ah gong pay = tax payer money?

AHTC = TC pay = resident money?

usually i see in some cases, the judge will decide how the fees will be apportioned and shared.  but i believe this is only upon application.......if no one applies, then each party will pay their own.....meaning appellant lawyer fees paid by town council, defendant lawyer fees paid by the wp defendants, court expenses paid by the state (or taxpayers' monies)

Edited by Acemundo

I think this lawsuit is necessary because PAP has been accusing WP of improper payments, conflict of interests, helping friends make money from taxpayers, etc. If not challenged in courts, this may potentially affect WP's next election campaign. The mainstream media does not help WP in any way with all the negative reporting, and voters can be easily swayed with repeated headlines of WP's "transgression".

WP's vote shares have dropped in GE2015, and it was hard to ascertain what exactly caused the decrease. WP has to go through with this to clear their name once and for all, and to save their votes IMO.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 2

I think this lawsuit is necessary because PAP has been accusing WP of improper payments, conflict of interests, helping friends make money from taxpayers, etc. If not challenged in courts, this may potentially affect WP's next election campaign. The mainstream media does not help WP in any way with all the negative reporting, and voters can be easily swayed with repeated headlines of WP's "transgression".

WP's vote shares have dropped in GE2015, and it was hard to ascertain what exactly caused the decrease. WP has to go through with this to clear their name once and for all, and to save their votes IMO.

on the point of helping friends make money from taxpayers, last night i saw one very sinister one in facebook from pap propaganda brigade.  it mischevously broadcasts FMSS as making huge profits within 1 year of incorporation and asks which other company can do the same within 1 year of incorporation.  i don't know how low can these people get....the author is probably not commenting as someone from audit or finance industry and he tried to broadcast such a crass and low intellect comment.

the suit is good for wp as you put it......but is that what the independent panel set out to achieve in commencing this suit?

on the point of helping friends make money from taxpayers, last night i saw one very sinister one in facebook from pap propaganda brigade. it mischevously broadcasts FMSS as making huge profits within 1 year of incorporation and asks which other company can do the same within 1 year of incorporation. i don't know how low can these people get....the author is probably not commenting as someone from audit or finance industry and he tried to broadcast such a crass and low intellect comment.

the suit is good for wp as you put it......but is that what the independent panel set out to achieve in commencing this suit?

Well it doesnt take a genius to see the implications of AIM and the attempt to scorch earth ahtc.. yet many people seem oblivious..
  • Praise 3

My home is inside the area managed by WP, won’t say anything further.

Base on what I see, my estate is clean and well managed and one thing for sure , I don’t see rubbish being piled up 5 storeys high.

Sure, the TC may be slow in keeping up with certain maintenance such as grass cutting but on the whole, my estate is well managed .

• Praise 12

So let me get this straight.....

The COI for cases like:

1) Little India's Riot

2) Singhealth Hacking

3) SMRT Train Major Breakdowns

4) SCDF NSF Ragging deaths

These COI have all the propensity to take up a civil suite against the people involved if they feel that there had been some wrong done but not enough to be liable for criminal charges?

So what makes this AHTC/FMMS case so special?

In other layman term, why they so kaypoh? Eat full nothing to do?  :D

↡ Advertisement