Extending COE for Toyota Wish (2008)

BLROTANNN

Hi guys,

I am taking over my FIL's Wish (2008) and extending the COE for another 10 years.

This coming Dec, his COE will be expired and I am extending it on Nov. Due to the reason of his car a OPC, his mileage is about 70K Dec 08. His car is in very good condition and that the reason for me to extend the COE. 

What is the thing i will need to look out for?

Currently i have a aircon issue whereby the aircon will not be cold when ever the engine is on idling. any help?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

You can check whether the condenser fan is working not.

Anyway need to send ws for troubleshooting like maybe need to top up gas etc..

Turbocharged

Best time to extend now as PQP is low compared to 5 years ago. Extend 10 years is very worth it. OPC somemore.

Turbocharged

Just ask yr FIL the servicing history and continue from there. Toyota parts are cheap.

Stockist rictat (Owen road) or transglobal (paya lebar)

Aircon not cold, look for ah Huat at woodlands, Markcool

• Praise 1

Just go to your regular trusted workshop, ask them to check from top to bottom, left to right. 

Have a list of stuff that you must do, then do the critical and urgent ones first. If you have no workshop, bring to AAS for Pre-Purchase inspection. They will have a long list of items (trust me). Even though mileage is low, our weather is hot and humid. Plastics and rubber parts will surely deteriorate over 10 years. 

And do things in groups. For eg, you say AC have small issue. Ask them to do a thorough check on whole AC system. You do not want a situation whereby you fixed the issue only for another AC problem to surface 2 months later.  You're renewing 10 years, means you have in mind to keep for long period. Consider doing preventive maintenance.

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

Thanks guy. Very informative. Will get to check on my aircon. Even thought is take over but previous more of the time i am the one driving ans bring it to servicing and inspection. Lol. So i think aircon is a bigger issue here.

Any tire shop to recommend?

Hi guys,

I am taking over my FIL's Wish (2008) and extending the COE for another 10 years.

This coming Dec, his COE will be expired and I am extending it on Nov. Due to the reason of his car a OPC, his mileage is about 70K Dec 08. His car is in very good condition and that the reason for me to extend the COE. 

What is the thing i will need to look out for?

Currently i have a aircon issue whereby the aircon will not be cold when ever the engine is on idling. any help?

I went down this path 2.5 yr ago, renewed coe for my 06 wish for 10 yr.

a/c not cold when idling: send to automative a/c workshop to check. Normal workshop not useful. I faced this prob when car was ~7-8 yo. Was diagnosed as control valve faulty. the a/c workshop said many wish got that issue. dunno suay or what, barely 2-3 yr later, same thing happened again.

Also advise you to replace some parts that might cause the car to cannot start:

- alternator

- starter

- fuel pump

and since driving for 10 yr, you might wanna consider replacing:

- drive shaft

- engine mount

- shock absorbers

• Praise 2

Actually, u are in the best situation to renew this car.

Previous owner - since it's someone you know, you can check with him what to be replaced. But don't get the car involved whenever you have other argument with him in future. Willing seller, willing buyer.

OPC - The mileage is genuinely low.

PQP - Looking at the trend, it's heading down and down.

Thanks guy. Very informative. Will get to check on my aircon. Even thought is take over but previous more of the time i am the one driving ans bring it to servicing and inspection. Lol. So i think aircon is a bigger issue here.

Any tire shop to recommend?

Depending on the brand of tyres you are getting, offhand the usual names for me are Arrow Tyre, Eng Wah, South East, Hurry, Khai Wah.

Depending on the brand of tyres you are getting, offhand the usual names for me are Arrow Tyre, Eng Wah, South East, Hurry, Khai Wah.

Adding on to Blue Ray's list - If you're on the west side, you can also go to U Auto, which is located at the SPC at Jalan Buroh (address 33 Jalan Buroh).

If you're looking for a standard stock size tyre, you could also check with some of these shops if they may happen to have fresh stock of relatively new traded-in tyres from cars that have just upsized/upgraded their stock rims. That way you can save a little too.

• Praise 1

Im in exactly the same situation as you.  My car is due end Nov and I plan to convert to normal car and extend 10 years.  My mileage is only 78k.  Has anyone done this before i.e. how to go about doing it.  I was thinking of leaving it till the last 2 weeks before converting.

Im in exactly the same situation as you. My car is due end Nov and I plan to convert to normal car and extend 10 years. My mileage is only 78k. Has anyone done this before i.e. how to go about doing it. I was thinking of leaving it till the last 2 weeks before converting.

Your car 10 years only 78k mileage. Don't think u need a car.

Do anyone know how much petrol do the 09 Toyota Wish consumed?

I stay at Seng Kang and work in Changi, mostly TPE with slight jam.

I being driving it for 7 days havent topup the petrol.

460km now for slight more then 1/5 of petrol left. Its about 10.9km/L

I pumped V POWER Racing in JB last Sunday.

Am i a heavy footer? Or JB petrol dont last long?

Do you travel by yourself? If u fully load the wish with many people and cargo it does affect fuel consumption

If there are many traffic junction that you have to stop & go and frequently travelling on low speed behind those heavy vehicles, these are more than enough to kill your fuel consumption

↡ Advertisement