Rent a Rolex for a day?!

RadX

I think there are many good reasons to rent a luxury watch; some have been mentioned earlier here. It’s akin to renting specific car models that you’re targeting to buy, to see if you like which one.

But I believe you have to place a deposit of quite a substantive amount to rent a watch?

For these companies, they are also risking people changing parts inside the watch.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

For these companies, they are also risking people changing parts inside the watch.

Bingo! Say I had a genuine Rolex with a cracked crystal (they're quite easy to crack on rocks etc., no matter how scratch resistant they are), what's to stop me renting a similar model, swapping out the crystals and using a cheap imitation crystal on the rented watch?

Forget about ethics and morals etc. We're talking simple pragmatism here. Unless you take your rented Rollie for authentication every time it's returned (which will wipe out any profit margin with lots left to spare) before returning deposit, it doesn't seem a safe business model.

Bingo! Say I had a genuine Rolex with a cracked crystal (they're quite easy to crack on rocks etc., no matter how scratch resistant they are), what's to stop me renting a similar model, swapping out the crystals and using a cheap imitation crystal on the rented watch?

Forget about ethics and morals etc. We're talking simple pragmatism here. Unless you take your rented Rollie for authentication every time it's returned (which will wipe out any profit margin with lots left to spare) before returning deposit, it doesn't seem a safe business model.

put wax seal on the screws at the back of the case  [:p]  [laugh]

Looks like i can only rent to people like you.

People who wont do that.

My watches sibei steady so occupancy rate also sibei optimistic.

• Praise 2

I can see why some would want to rent a Rolex for a day.

Sales people or jobs where u need to impress potential clients are some areas where this could be required. Not about showing off or anything like that but more on looking good and as they say first impression counts so personally I think it’s a good idea.

Rent a RM will be better choice  :D  Daytona dont have unique look  [grin]

• Praise 3

Actually not a bad idea, not for showing off but a small price to prevent one from having the "buyer's regret syndrome "

A small trial period before committing to buying

Have to learn, to be more receptive to new ideas otherwise might end up like the dinosaurs

Just a poor man's 2 cents

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 6

.... as in like cooling off period... can reconsider and buy one later 

Actually not a bad idea, not for showing off but a small price to prevent one from having the "buyer's regret syndrome "

A small trial period before committing to buying

Have to learn, to be more receptive to new ideas otherwise might end up like the dinosaurs

Just a poor man's 2 cents

• Praise 2

Actually its damn lame if you think about it.

What an artificial society

Cannot afford to buy, dont buy.

Its just a watch.

Dont need to cheapen oneself over it.

Pwui lah!

• Praise 2

Looks like i can only rent to people like you.

People who wont do that.

My watches sibei steady so occupancy rate also sibei optimistic.

ð

So nice of you to say that.

But... I would never rent. :D

So since i have 20 Rolexes, maybe i can rent them out.

Solid Gold Rolex and vintage models $25 a day

Stainless steel normal sports model $10 a day.

Datejust steel $5 a day

So everyday i can earn $25 x 13 + $10 x 6 + $5 x 2 = $345

Onr month i can earn $345 x 30

Roughly $10k lah

Not bad,

Lai ah, huat ah!

Earn better than wiping table and best is that you can do nothing while earning money.  [thumbsup]

Earn better than wiping table and best is that you can do nothing while earning money. [thumbsup]

Talk cock only lah

I will not rent my Rolexes becos they are all discontinued or vintage pieces.

If damaged, there is no replacement.

Not like the noob kind of Rolex (eg. Hulk, batman etc) which is still in production and can simply go out and buy.

So nice of you to say that.

But... I would never rent. :D

Exactly, becos its a lame thing to do.

You want, just buy.

Whats tens of thousands to you...

Hardly anything, like a booger

Edited by Throttle2

Exactly, becos its a lame thing to do.

You want, just buy.

Whats tens of thousands to you...

Hardly anything, like a booger

You see me too up bro. I'm mediocre. So sad...

Anyway, I'm getting more interested in GS Spring Drive now. I know they've been around for a while but it's just caught my notice. Movement seems fascinating. If you recall, I'm a big fan of accuracy and this movement is so much more advanced than any ordinary automatic Rolex has on offer. Looking for the right model. :D

I may post in the watch thread. Don't want to go OT.

Edited by Turboflat4

So everything from head to toe can be rented these days!!

But really don't see the point of flaunting an expensive watch. I know of rich people who don't even bother to wear a watch.

• Praise 1

You see me too up bro. I'm mediocre. So sad...

Anyway, I'm getting more interested in GS Spring Drive now. I know they've been around for a while but it's just caught my notice. Movement seems fascinating. If you recall, I'm a big fan of accuracy and this movement is so much more advanced than any ordinary automatic Rolex has on offer. Looking for the right model. :D

I may post in the watch thread. Don't want to go OT.

In that case, you can only go for the Seiko Credor

$50k Seiko with GS spring drive movement most befitting you

So everything from head to toe can be rented these days!!

But really don't see the point of flaunting an expensive watch. I know of rich people who don't even bother to wear a watch.

You have to realise that many of these watches actually dont look expensive.

Eg. Vintage Rolex sports.

And they arent for flaunting

Like me, i appreciate the character and history and physical look of my vintage Rolexes

Most people who look at them dont know that they can cost easily over $30k each

In fact most people think they are much cheaper than Hulk Batman etc,

In that case, you can only go for the Seiko Credor

$50k Seiko with GS spring drive movement most befitting you

Still looking, but thanks for the wallet-breaking suggestions. :D
↡ Advertisement