Pump Petrol In JB - Worth it

Charmaine12

knn... we SGreans cars are down specced, so lousy until car cannot run wif mixed petrol/water. MY cars are so much better

Everyday, there are hundreds of MY motorcycles and cars queueing to pump petrol at the shell stations before the woodlands and tuas 2nd link. They dun hv problem leh. Maybe becos they pump ron95 which is 100% petrol whereas those SG cars tt pumped ron97 got water

so Ron97=Ron95/H²O

FYI, i work in a plant in johor. everyday i pump ron97 or vpower racing at the stated station for past 5 years.

maybe i am si bei heng. or maybe my car is a low class b&b car

• Praise 10

The petrol stations dont need to add water just to milk a few extra cents here and there la. Singapore cars always pump full tank, that is enough to make the difference.

• Praise 2

i thought it was a common problem that their petrol was contaminated in the past, i remember my fuel pump kaput after a few tank pumped

during a week trip up north.

I’ve seen people pour a cup of water near their petrol cap area to wash off the excess or spillage fuel. Please don’t do this, you’re better off wiping it with wet tissue then directly pouring water.

Yes I know the cap if closed stops water from leaking in but still it’s a risk why do it?

It is common to find very minor contamination of water in oil products, even in Singapore.  The difference is whether the customer accepts the water content before delivery, if not the batch will be sent back for blending until it meets the specification.  Corrosion of underground oil storage tank can also lead to contamination issues.

https://www.astm.org/Standards/D4006.htm

• Praise 1

I am a regular for JB petrol. Got a few times, after pumping, I drive for 5 mins the car suddenly feel loss of power, and vibrating badly at low rev. Was unable to rev up. A while later, it resumed back to normal. I suppose there's water in the petrol, or it could have been water seeping in because i pumped right after I washed car.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I’ve seen people pour a cup of water near their petrol cap area to wash off the excess or spillage fuel. Please don’t do this, you’re better off wiping it with wet tissue then directly pouring water.

Yes I know the cap if closed stops water from leaking in but still it’s a risk why do it?

i'm sure you stick tape all around the petrol cap when it rains.

• Praise 2

I am a regular for JB petrol. Got a few times, after pumping, I drive for 5 mins the car suddenly feel loss of power, and vibrating badly at low rev. Was unable to rev up. A while later, it resumed back to normal. I suppose there's water in the petrol, or it could have been water seeping in because i pumped right after I washed car.

Try different brands. I don't think it's a matter of JB's petrol or SG petrol. Some cars tend to be sensitive to the type of petrol. As we all know, there are different grades of petrol with different things added in for the different brands. 

That's why sometimes if you change car, it also means changing your regular petrol station. It takes time to try to find the most ideal one for your car. My old car didn't like SPC so I fed it with Shell or Esso. 

Regarding the performance of the car after you fill up with a certain type of petrol, it can be subjective. My current Skyactiv Mazda I fill up with 98 in SG (97 in MY). Tried 95 in SG when the car was new, I feel the power isn't there when I want to accelerate to overtake on expressways as compared to 98. Other people in the forum said they have been living with 95 the whole time. So far in MY, I don't see the difference between Shell and Petronas 97. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Iâve seen people pour a cup of water near their petrol cap area to wash off the excess or spillage fuel. Please donât do this, youâre better off wiping it with wet tissue then directly pouring water.

Yes I know the cap if closed stops water from leaking in but still itâs a risk why do it?

Guilty. In the past.

I closed the cap till click sound. Then gently rinse off area where a few drops of water, i mean petrol, dripped while on way to its pump holder.

These days, auto stop full tank then just return nozzle to its holder. So no drips as i did not manually top up till full full full. No, did not do the dance act or push the car to drink more.

Safe ride

Cheers

*first time heard water added to petrol. Think engine will drowned and no cpr will save it. Kerosene heard b4.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Those who pump petrol themselves will know that there is always a gush of air going into the tank when you open the petrol cap. If air cannot get into the tank. I really wonder what kind of powderful water molecule that is smaller than air to be able to enter the petrol tank once the cap is on.

Edited by Mkl22

Hypersonic

If a the few jam packed station for returning sgp cars add water then

how come we never hear on MCF?

If really happen The TS with I pump in JB and and car up lorry and WS says my tank is full of water.

I am sure this thread would be the TOTM and the TS will be shopping at Aunty Lucy.

:D 

Ya ...... I heard about all this rumour that they add water into their petrol and diesel.  So far ALL these years, never kenna leh.

My current diesel car got water sensor and trap one, never light up lor, as a matter of facts, none of these error light up. Even the DPF never light up.

The best part, you can PUMP with your engine running one, never got one time exploded leh.  I also make phone call when I pump, urgent call.  I also pour water to wash off the excess diesel, of course, with the filler cap closed up, OK leh.

OK one, Welcome to the Tropics, 100% humidity.  

ONLY rainy days I don't fill up one. It is the mist, yup, fine water droplet from the rain.

Neutral Newbie

never pump in JB before.

thanks for the head up of all this news and experience from you guys

Hypersonic

Rom100 is number one!!!! [inlove]

Because

Cheap :XD:

Try different brands. I don't think it's a matter of JB's petrol or SG petrol. Some cars tend to be sensitive to the type of petrol. As we all know, there are different grades of petrol with different things added in for the different brands.

That's why sometimes if you change car, it also means changing your regular petrol station. It takes time to try to find the most ideal one for your car. My old car didn't like SPC so I fed it with Shell or Esso.

Regarding the performance of the car after you fill up with a certain type of petrol, it can be subjective. My current Skyactiv Mazda I fill up with 98 in SG (97 in MY). Tried 95 in SG when the car was new, I feel the power isn't there when I want to accelerate to overtake on expressways as compared to 98. Other people in the forum said they have been living with 95 the whole time. So far in MY, I don't see the difference between Shell and Petronas 97.

Don't know is it coincidental or not. The few times the suspected water in petrol problem was when I filled up with petronas

Turbocharged

Don't know is it coincidental or not. The few times the suspected water in petrol problem was when I filled up with petronas

I would think it's the petrol quality than kenna water.. Unless the car really stalled

I tot Petronas has the best petrol in MAL lor, according to my MAL friends.......

I would think it's the petrol quality than kenna water.. Unless the car really stalled

↡ Advertisement