Pump Petrol In JB - Worth it

Charmaine12

what car are you driving.....my colleague driving a fit also swore by shell..........i tried but my gen 2 was rather sluggish so i went back to esso and now Petronas.......many here swears by petron 100.

From my own experiences, mixing shell 97 and vpower racing gives me the best mileage/power returns.
↡ Advertisement

From my own experiences, mixing shell 97 and vpower racing gives me the best mileage/power returns.

Wah......you pump 50 rm 97 and then 50 rm vpower.......good idea.......

Yesterday I filled up at Petronas just beside the checkpoint. The pump didn't auto stop, fill until overflow. I don't know if I'm doing it wrongly because I had the same incident at Shell next door. I usually press and hold but don't put full pressure and wait for the auto cut off. 

I don't know how dangerous that is in terms of fire hazard. I take tissue and wipe the area around the fuel cap, and go for car wash before coming back home. 

Yesterday I filled up at Petronas just beside the checkpoint. The pump didn't auto stop, fill until overflow. I don't know if I'm doing it wrongly because I had the same incident at Shell next door. I usually press and hold but don't put full pressure and wait for the auto cut off.

I don't know how dangerous that is in terms of fire hazard. I take tissue and wipe the area around the fuel cap, and go for car wash before coming back home.

Bro.....when you hook to auto....hands off the nozzle....it will auto off when reach certain level. What you did was forcing the pump to run even after auto off kicked-in.

what car are you driving.....my colleague driving a fit also swore by shell..........i tried but my gen 2 was rather sluggish so i went back to esso and now Petronas.......many here swears by petron 100.

driving subaru impreza.... 

maybe i should try mixing... hahahaha..... 

yes, there is a pump in shell coming into SG at 2nd link that have a spoilt auto stop pump. everytime i kena that pump, i will be extra careful cos the auto stop doesn't work. i just leave it without manually holding on to the pump but it still overflows.... 

so far, only 1 pump i know have this problem. not all pump have 97 so out of those that have, mostly have singaporean cars so a long wait too. no choice but be careful when using that pump. 

but if you can go wash car, maybe you are not at 2nd link. but it could still happen that the pump is spoilt. 

• Praise 2

Bro.....when you hook to auto....hands off the nozzle....it will auto off when reach certain level. What you did was forcing the pump to run even after auto off kicked-in.

Sorry, I'm very noob at this.

I've seen people put it on auto and hands off. How do you trigger that feature on the pump? Press all the way and it will hold itself there until auto cutoff? 

yes, there is a pump in shell coming into SG at 2nd link that have a spoilt auto stop pump. everytime i kena that pump, i will be extra careful cos the auto stop doesn't work. i just leave it without manually holding on to the pump but it still overflows.... 

so far, only 1 pump i know have this problem. not all pump have 97 so out of those that have, mostly have singaporean cars so a long wait too. no choice but be careful when using that pump. 

but if you can go wash car, maybe you are not at 2nd link. but it could still happen that the pump is spoilt. 

I was at CIQ. The two stations beside B-Point. I don't know what the best solution is other than not being too greedy and estimate how many litres I need to fill based on the size of the tank and how much fuel is left. 

I've seen people put it on auto and hands off. How do you trigger that feature on the pump? Press all the way and it will hold itself there until auto cutoff?

I was at CIQ. The two stations beside B-Point. I don't know what the best solution is other than not being too greedy and estimate how many litres I need to fill based on the size of the tank and how much fuel is left.

There are 2-3 notches under the triggger guard......at the trigger there is a plate that swivels freely........just hook the plate to the desired notch while pumping. The notches denotes the speed flow of the petrol being dispense from nozzle. You can try this feature while topping up but make sure your nozzle is in the petrol inlet of your car.

There are 2-3 notches under the triggger guard......at the trigger there is a plate that swivels freely........just hook the plate to the desired notch while pumping. The notches denotes the speed flow of the petrol being dispense from nozzle. You can try this feature while topping up but make sure your nozzle is in the petrol inlet of your car.

I think i wont know what you are talking about.

to Lovemyride, maybe the best way is to ask the attendance to help you lah. just tell them full tank and ask them to put in for you and you see how they do it. then next time you will know. 

(edited)

Okay.....i found this video in youtube.......basic principle are the same....

I think i wont know what you are talking about.

to Lovemyride, maybe the best way is to ask the attendance to help you lah. just tell them full tank and ask them to put in for you and you see how they do it. then next time you will know.

Found the video for her.........actually it it quite easy. Edited by Evillusion
  • Praise 1

Okay.....i found this video in youtube.......basic principle are the same....

Found the video for her.........actually it it quite easy.

nice!!! got video easier to understand

Hypersonic

nice!!! got video easier to understand

wah...good to declare as a lady mcfer upfront

those long time lao jiao mcfers always extra helpful towards the opposite sex de

:XD: 

• Praise 4

wah...good to declare as a lady mcfer upfront

those long time lao jiao mcfers always extra helpful towards the opposite sex de

:XD:

comes to cars, men still better than ladies lah. so need help mah..... 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Next Sat I going to JB.

Everybody please don't go in until I check if the petrol is full of water or not.

I drive cheap car so I take the risk for everyone. COE so expensive now don't risk your good car.

After I come back and give the all the clear than you can go in.

Let me sacrifice myself for everyone cos these days you hear so many horror stories of water in petrol.

:D   

• Praise 4

Next Sat I going to JB.

Everybody please don't go in until I check if the petrol is full of water or not.

I drive cheap car so I take the risk for everyone. COE so expensive now don't risk your good car.

After I come back and give the all the clear than you can go in.

Let me sacrifice myself for everyone cos these days you hear so many horror stories of water in petrol.

U are the angel.  But can I go in before u.  I check got water.  Then u double confirm.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

U are the angel.  But can I go in before u.  I check got water.  Then u double confirm.

Sure we go together.

Two of us test and double confirm better than one.  [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

6th Gear

Sure we go together.

Before that, can i have your 2 car plate number to make sure that the test is done on the same car in and out?  [lipsrsealed]

Please don't give me dislike points hor..  :a-panic:

Sure we go together.

i just tested on last saturday and going to test again this saturday. So those not taking test, please don't go in first, ok??  [:p]

• Praise 1