Pump Petrol In JB - Worth it

Charmaine12

19 hours ago, Unfazed said:

So easy also need to relive a 2020 post here meh? Easy, stick a ringgit 50 dollar note n write on forehead "gd svc begets gd tips" lor. Get a life pls for farking God's sake. Lol...

Did u just told me to bribe the Msian police? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

For my recent trip to JB, I always wind down both windows fronting the counters just before reaching, and politely greeted the officers. For Singapore end the officer will call out the name individually so be prepared to acknowledge and not still dozing. Surprisingly small talk with the Malaysian officers got response in proper english also. They cannot be apologetic else some public will sure try to unload unto them why only so few counters open why they hv to queue for 3 hours blah blah blah. Not easy job.

Bottom line: I cheap skate so I have to suck thumb lor as nobody point a gun to force me to go.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 7

On 12/5/2022 at 10:13 AM, weak_pig said:

I don't expect them to welcome visitors with open arms either, but the way they bark orders.... it seems they relish in purposefully offending sinkies at every chance they get? It's like they have some authority and they gloat at the fact that they pwned another sinkie visitor. 

It’s a 2 way traffic..

good begets good..

• Praise 1

On 12/6/2022 at 9:32 AM, weak_pig said:

No need ask also know answer lah. Give that idiot an idiotic answer. What does one expect ya? Haha... Idiocracy ai its peak. 

On 12/5/2022 at 2:06 PM, Ricky_doodle said:

https://www.cars.com/auto-repair/glossary/charcoal-canister/#:~:text=Part of the car's emissions,purge valve and then burned.

My Japanese branded B&B car does not have this, but I know of 2 people with the same car that does have. The Peugoet 308. One of them is my colleague who travels to Genting once in a while.

This was a trip when his car was probably less than a year old, or when it was still under agent warranty. The pump attendant in one of the petrol stations along the NSH over topped his fuel tank while filling up. It was so full till petrol was leaking onto the floor.

Uneventfully, my colleague drove off after cleaning up his car and back to Singapore.

A few days later, he could not start his car. (I cannot remember if it was crank without start or no crank at all). He got his car towed back to agent and they eventually found that this charcoal canister was soaking wet with petrol. And for some reason when this happens, the car will not start once the fuel tank level went below half. (Based on the purpose of this canister, the car is probably programmed to not further pollute the environment till it is replaced)

Just nice the agent did not have spares for this canister at that time and had to place an order for it while my colleague had to wait for it to arrive. The remedy in the meantime? Top up fuel before it drops below half tank, since the car stlll works when the level is above half.

All I can say is, French rubbish! Only fit to be burnt like rubbish! 🤣

On 12/6/2022 at 9:32 AM, weak_pig said:

i don't think is bribe, more like kopi duit, a form of appreciation for their long hours as bolehland civil servants

Sibei worth it if no jam.

5 hours jam not worth it.

Pump 1/4 not worth it.

Pump empty tank sibei worth it.

Get caught not worth it

Don't get caught sibei worth it.

:D

My MIL say one not me!

• Haha! 3

Back in 2010 when I first got my car, suka suka can easily jio friends go JB eat loklok or zichar then pump petrol. The queue into JB was between 30 mins to 1 hour. 

Now I don't even consider going in for a day trip as the jam is too crazy. Maybe it because of the school holiday that the jam is really bad, but even normal days, its not worth the queue in.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Banz86 said:

Back in 2010 when I first got my car, suka suka can easily jio friends go JB eat loklok or zichar then pump petrol. The queue into JB was between 30 mins to 1 hour. 

Now I don't even consider going in for a day trip as the jam is too crazy. Maybe it because of the school holiday that the jam is really bad, but even normal days, its not worth the queue in.

Now the rates are much better at 3.2++, plus 3 years of lock-down and some other countries still having certain covid restrictions. The choice is easy, just drive in MY and bear with the jams. Avg should be 2hrs jam now if lucky. Have read a lot caught in 5-6hrs jam especially when coming back. 

2 hours ago, Banz86 said:

My jb going days seem coming to an end. Like you said, 10 years ago in and out of jb within 1 hour is quite easy. Nowadays, only at very small windows, and can forget it during school holidays. Even when coast is very clear in tuas, you come in, fill up, return and suddenly face one hour jam at Malaysia ciq even with few cars because... they can. The problem is immigration infrastructure still based on 2010 car population.  Can't wait to change to e-car and be done with petrol and JB. 

@Karoon  Hahaha, my car left 3 years to scrap. I was also thinking about changing to electric vehicle then. Laying out my options and most imptly, hopefully there are charging stations near me.

I think the jam is caused by Covid.

Before Covid the jam not so bad.

Now 4 -5 hours is normal and so many people go in at 5am and complain 4 hour jam!

They should go in at 3!

:D

On 12/14/2022 at 11:56 AM, Banz86 said:

@Karoon  Hahaha, my car left 3 years to scrap. I was also thinking about changing to electric vehicle then. Laying out my options and most imptly, hopefully there are charging stations near me.

Me too.   But waiting for coe to crash

• Haha! 1

On 12/14/2022 at 11:35 AM, Karoon said:

My jb going days seem coming to an end. Like you said, 10 years ago in and out of jb within 1 hour is quite easy. Nowadays, only at very small windows, and can forget it during school holidays. Even when coast is very clear in tuas, you come in, fill up, return and suddenly face one hour jam at Malaysia ciq even with few cars because... they can. The problem is immigration infrastructure still based on 2010 car population.  Can't wait to change to e-car and be done with petrol and JB. 

Go JB to charge. Their electricity tariff is also roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of our level. Lol

6 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Go JB to charge. Their electricity tariff is also roughly 1/3 to 1/2 of our level. Lol

Some of the charging station is time-based 

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Me too.   But waiting for coe to crash

Everyone is actually hoping for this. But with our development of the efficiency of various public transport and cutting of emissions target, doubt "crash" of COE will ever happen again. Remember it is our gov target for a car lite city. 

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

Some of the charging station is time-based 

I was just kidding, for EV, don't think it makes sense to brave the jam just to save $10, can't even pay for dinner.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1