2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

Official drawings of the 2019 Mazda3 – keep in mind that at this time, we don’t know if it will be sold as a 2019MY or 2020MY in the U.S.A. and Canada. 

The new “3” will employ Mazda’s latest Skyactiv-Vehicle Architecture. The platform is said to be stronger while providing a much better ride quality.

But the big news for the fourth-generation “3” is the debut of Mazda’s new SkyActiv-X gasoline enginefeaturing Spark Controlled Compression Ignition. This innovative four-cylinder unit combines characteristics of diesel and regular gasoline engines, using spark plug ignition to “control compression ignition”. In short, it ignites the fuel-air mixture similar to a diesel engine promising to combine the fuel efficiency of the former with all the benefits of a gasoline unit, without the emissions penalty.

Mazda forecasts an output of around 190 horsepower with 170 lb-ft (230Nm) of peak torque from the 2.0-liter version. That puts it well above today’s 2.0-liter Skyactiv-G that delivers 155hp and 150 lb-ft (203Nm) and on par with the bigger 2.5-liter Skyactiv-G with 184hp and 185 lb-ft (250Nm). The difference here is that Mazda is targeting at least a 20 percent improvement in fuel economy and up to 25 percent less carbon dioxide emissions over the current Skyactive G engines.

Mazda Kai Concept Wants To Get Our Hopes Up For New Mazda3

post-226666-0-40137200-1539579355_thumb.jpg

post-226666-0-87151900-1539579364_thumb.jpg

post-226666-0-07958600-1539579371_thumb.jpg

post-226666-0-95475300-1539579340_thumb.jpg

post-226666-0-10035600-1539579345_thumb.jpg

post-226666-0-87310500-1539579349_thumb.jpg

post-226666-0-09178100-1539579936_thumb.jpgpost-226666-0-26881300-1539579902_thumb.jpgpost-226666-0-20776700-1539579931_thumb.jpgpost-226666-0-45961500-1539579907_thumb.jpgpost-226666-0-15496600-1539579912_thumb.jpgpost-226666-0-65261800-1539579916_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

If fc is good and priced competitively, it’ll be the next grab car.

So the tittle should be next gen PHV? or all new Grab car?

Chio and affordable why not.

Dunno how close this concept to the actual design... From the concept wise the front looks very fierce and chio...

How many Grab drivers can handle 190hp and 230NM of torque?! I forsee even more PHV accidents when LCR or other PHV related car rental agencies stock up the new Mazda 3.

Unless Grab can promise their riders can reach their destination quickly with such powerful engines. 

Uniquely SG, where super high tech cars are deployed as PHV and be trrashed ard like you stole them

• Praise 2

That’s the 2L lei. The 1.5 variant good enough as Long similar chio design and good fc ok le.

Yes! 1.5 Good enough for daily use in SG, as long the exterior chio.

Looking forward to its arrival.

Hopefully local AD or whoever is in charge of selling the cars to PHV doesnt go down this route anymore as it will dilute this car and thus turning away many potential private buyers.

Mz3 design has always been nicest amongst its fellow Jap, Korean competitors and with improved engines and FC, this car will surely sell if priced correctly which historically has been the case most of the times

• Praise 8

Looking forward to its arrival.

Hopefully local AD or whoever is in charge of selling the cars to PHV doesnt go down this route anymore as it will dilute this car and thus turning away many potential private buyers.

Mz3 design has always been nicest amongst its fellow Jap, Korean competitors and with improved engines and FC, this car will surely sell if priced correctly which historically has been the case most of the timesð

Yes, if a lot of PHV already sien 1/2 ..

concept car vs production car

is like

heaven vs earth

expectation vs reality

is like

order lobster ... come crayfish

muahahaha

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Actually they would make more money selling the standard models to grab which most ppl would rather get the executive or 2L. Itâs win win for all actually.

Depends on how u look at it.

Selling to PHV will turn quite a substantial portion of people away from getting this car even those who want deluxe or 2l models cos the outlook of the car remains the same. I doubt if it’s as simple as PHV taking the standard whilst the buying public takes the higher end models.

Of course, AD wants to sell as many models as possible n with the most $ earned so they have to divese a strategy. IMO, selling volumes to PHV whilst good on nos. is a severe strain on their aftersales service n need a good infrastructure of workshop n mechanics which is already bursting at the seams even without PHV. My 2 cents

• Praise 3

Selling to PHV will turn quite a substantial portion of people away from getting this car even those who want deluxe or 2l models cos the outlook of the car remains the same. I doubt if it’s as simple as PHV taking the standard whilst the buying public takes the higher end models.

Of course, AD wants to sell as many models as possible n with the most $ earned so they have to divese a strategy. IMO, selling volumes to PHV whilst good on nos. is a severe strain on their aftersales service n need a good infrastructure of workshop n mechanics which is already bursting at the seams even without PHV. My 2 cents

Now PHV market is not the same as last year's. 

• Praise 1

Selling to PHV will turn quite a substantial portion of people away from getting this car even those who want deluxe or 2l models cos the outlook of the car remains the same. I doubt if itâs as simple as PHV taking the standard whilst the buying public takes the higher end models.

True. Though it depends if u are thinking in the owner of such phv companies.

If I am, I would be eagerly anticipating mz3 new version every time for it benefits my company. Buying masses also give me lower cost.

Though from the consumer POV, I would feel it’s counter productive for them but is that really true?

Phv model may evolve but even so, the criteria in refreshing their car remains the same. I drove a mz3 and thankful to let it go at a high price few mths ago. Will not drive a Mazda again if they are ‘best in class’ for fc.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1