2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

True. Though it depends if u are thinking in the owner of such phv companies.

If I am, I would be eagerly anticipating mz3 new version every time for it benefits my company. Buying masses also give me lower cost.

Though from the consumer POV, I would feel it’s counter productive for them but is that really true?

Phv model may evolve but even so, the criteria in refreshing their car remains the same. I drove a mz3 and thankful to let it go at a high price few mths ago. Will not drive a Mazda again if they are ‘best in class’ for fc.

Lol "best in class FC"!

↡ Advertisement

Yea Mazda still the most cui in fc. Jiak you car. Dunno y phv still buy them. Must be bodo.

Ai Sweee mai Lui...as long as the car chio LOL 

• Praise 1

Eh.. current mazda 3.. i get 15km/l

Go and ask around if u all still think mazda poor fc

nowadays ppl are so ignorant, need to shake head.

Toyota still number one they say, it’s the best they say lol

Eh.. current mazda 3.. i get 15km/l

Go and ask around if u all still think mazda poor fc

i dunno current Mazda 3 FC, ask @runforyourlife he used to drive one...

I tell u it’s better than an Altis, but whether you believe or not is another issue lol.

I tell you I believe you but no use ppl out there won't believe you.

• Praise 1

I owned 2 Mz3 quite some time back n must say their FC was not good.

That said, the present generation Mz3 I’ve been told by 2 friends who own it, that the FC is ok due to their new generation engines so my conclusion is that whilst it was poor previously, it has improved but I guess its poor FC reputation in the past sticks n is hard to remove but give it another 1-2 generations of good FC feedback n it shld be able to challenge the Toyotas n Hondas equivalent to be amongst the top choice for this sector.

• Praise 3

mazda = chio and good handling

toyota = awesome fc and superb reliability

honda = power .... vtec kick in yo

these recognition and branding dont change overnight

similarly, the car maker took a long long time to build that recognition and associate to the brand

just like stereotyping

Audi is for pussy and Break My Wallet (simi sai also breakdown) .... lol

That said, the present generation Mz3 I’ve been told by 2 friends who own it, that the FC is ok due to their new generation engines so my conclusion is that whilst it was poor previously, it has improved but I guess its poor FC reputation in the past sticks n is hard to remove but give it another 1-2 generations of good FC feedback n it shld be able to challenge the Toyotas n Hondas equivalent to be amongst the top choice for this sector.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

That said, the present generation Mz3 Iâve been told by 2 friends who own it, that the FC is ok due to their new generation engines so my conclusion is that whilst it was poor previously, it has improved but I guess its poor FC reputation in the past sticks n is hard to remove but give it another 1-2 generations of good FC feedback n it shld be able to challenge the Toyotas n Hondas equivalent to be amongst the top choice for this sector.

High compression engine. Fc is good.

But I hear no small 1.5l turbo sian ji pua Liao. They still only have the same 2.5t in their entire lineup. Yawn. U need a small light car with manual (ie mx 5) to utilise their 2.0na.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

The new Skyactiv-X engines looks promising. Using high compression and cylinder deactivation to achieve better FC.

The only thing in Singapore, we're used to driving small capacity cars and will this new tech flow down for mass market. They keep emphasising on the new 2.0l engine which I assume will go into the new Mazda 6.

Back to topic, my colleague drives a M3 1.5l and the engine is very responsive. He drives mainly 70% city, 30% highway and is achieving an avg FC of 12km/l, which is respectable considering the number of traffic lights we have. Similarly, on my 2010 Kia forte 1.6l, I would be averaging 10km/l.

• Praise 3

Any Mazda without skysctiv is cui fc

Take it as my free tuition to you.

Agree. I drove the 2nd Gen mz3 (same engine from 1st Gen) for a couple years. Fc at best was 9km/l and that's from a 1.6l somemore.

But the design was much better than a Toyota!

• Praise 3