2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

Yup like the minimalist dashboard. Looks pretty good.

The rear of the car stands out for me.

The rear reminds me of the RX-8, especially those rings within the rear lights.
↡ Advertisement

Its really sexy.. Something i would consider. I'm really looking forward to the Mazda 6 if the M3 looks this good.

If the new mazda 3 would not ended up as a mass private hire car then would be good.

Sky Activ X engine only comes in 2.0. Hence, the new mazda 3 will be priced closely to mazda 6 and majority of the buyers will go for mazda 6.

To target the Cat A market, TEK will likely sell the new mazda 3 using the current sky activ G 1.5 engine.

Default engines for Mazda 3 and 6 should be 2L and 2.5L respectively, it's due to SG tax system then we have 1.5L for Mazda 3. Same case for Civic 1.6L. Now ADs like to change outlook but engine and gearbox same as previous version.

Sky Activ X engine only comes in 2.0. Hence, the new mazda 3 will be priced closely to mazda 6 and majority of the buyers will go for mazda 6.

To target the Cat A market, TEK will likely sell the new mazda 3 using the current sky activ G 1.5 engine.

hatchback backside looks more sexy [thumbsup][laugh]

On the contrary, thought the saloon looks nicer as it’s more proportionate but I guess to each his own. Tks for the link!

• Praise 3

Will they launch at next year singapore motor show?

Probably no. It's too soon to launch here. Only when Japan home ground gets it then probably will get to see it in 3 to 6 months afterwards. We will probably get to see it introduce here in mid 2019 or towards end of 2019.

• Praise 1

The 2019 Mazda 3 Doesn't Let the Enthusiasts Down

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-mazda-3-doesnt-let-the-enthusiasts-down-1830690640

t50mkzbhp5vfmhfhf1qw.jpg

The new, 2019 Mazda 3 isn’t just another sleek compact car (which we desperately need in today’s market). It also now comes packed with Mazda’s very fancy spark-controlled compression ignition engine, called the Skyactiv-X. And also a manual transmission! Praise the Lord!

kmsvj4yhaqv4x1qkpxji.jpg

The Mazda 3 will be the first, mass-produced car to use that new witchcraft engine. Here’s how it works, as David Tracy expertly explained earlier this month:

The Skyactiv-X engine works by using a process that Mazda calls Spark Controlled Compression Ignition—essentially a spark plug lighting off a localized rich mixture of fuel and air to create a fireball that compresses the lean mixture throughout the rest of the cylinder, yielding spontaneous ignition. It’s a fascinating concept that promises the efficiency of a diesel engine.

The new 3 borrows heavily from the Kai concept that we saw back in 2017. It wears Mazda’s current corporate face, but the Kodo design is so pretty that this hardly matters at all. It sits on an all-new platform called the Skyactiv-Vehicle Architecture, which Mazda claims makes riding in the car feel “feel as natural and stress-free as walking on your own two feet.” 

The interior is sleek and minimalist, giving it a much more sophisticated look than present competitors. I can’t tell how the materials feel from the photos, though. I’m going to have to tap around with my knuckles if I ever get the drive it to see how truly quality it is. There’s also a new interior fabric color called Greige, a (you guessed it) blend of gray and beige.

Sounds like visibility will be decent, too; the A-pillar has been designed to minimize blind spots so that drivers won’t have to spend as much time craning around them to see to the left and right of the car.

And, yes, there will be a manual option. Mazda says that the gear shift lever has been shifted forward and heightened so that it’s closer to the steering wheel, a feature that we praised in the 1980 Mazda RX-7. Transmission options include a six-speed manual or a six-speed automatic.

It’s unclear which engine trim will be mated to the manual, though. We hope it’s the engine with the good specs, as most other automakers only offer their manuals on the base trim. When tapped for comment, we were only told that a manual would be “available,” but specific trims and engines that go with it haven’t been announced yet.

dih6r03rifyipnsva7mq.jpg

Engine options include the 1.5-, 2.0- and 2.5-liter versions of the latest Skyactiv-G engine. There will also be the Skyactiv-D 1.8-liter diesel engine, as well as Mazda’s revolutionary Skyactiv-X engine. That Holy Grail engine boasts great gains in fuel economy, but Mazda hasn’t disclosed those numbers yet. No performance specifications were offered at this time, either.

Yet, for the first time ever, the Mazda 3 will have all-wheel drive. Front-rear torque vectoring and brake-based yaw moment control are said to help increase stability and reduce overall mechanical loss by nearly 60 percent over the outgoing model and also helps with improving fuel economy

Mazda also didn’t announce pricing for the new 3, so we’ll have to wait and find out about that later. In any case, we’re happy to see that the company is still investing in fun. We can’t wait to get behind the wheel.

xtktbhalylcfd5nxio7y.jpg

wufvfb3rgm7fg4b9r5il.jpg

nt9amn7bbddavicqjffm.jpg

hlb3ao6hcrkwsbioko5h.jpg

oqhaa5j9rhiv4ficg1vr.jpg

gco4lmb2ujmeognkw2go.jpg

mhdniewvatjnhtvtsmst.jpg

z1hxmr6djzjxq8zvyajj.jpg

divmbtzvwu0vghcrxop4.jpg

cmfbqphafvb1jjquz9nx.jpg

ijrj0ysmbu20grmgyahq.jpg

pzit1vxkindbnzgcm2nk.jpg

fshn8dcisnq4huhrpizb.jpg

gvzvnkbsowgyofqhm6t4.jpg

nwqi8ob7wyb9h0jkekr3.jpg

jnhhfuyxinruwv3uvw3l.jpg

uwh4tqqe9fhh1gyhfpcd.jpg

ibbfy3nnnpmcfzzlijfn.jpg

• Praise 1

Yes indeed, the hatchback is going to be a huge challenge to reverse park and having problem of a clear view out due to such a fat blindspot. I felt the current hatch design looks better and more proportion as far as the rear quarter is concerned. The new one eludes a butt heavy feel to it.

Edited by Heartbreakid

Some interesting facts :

The skyactiv x engine will come with a supercharger, but it's intended for sustaining the high compression ratio rather than performance oriented. So technically it's force induction engine.

Since no 1.5 engine, TEK may end up reusing the current skyactiv G when bringing in a Cat A variant

• Praise 2

Wah only in the 2.0 litre version.  i think no point getting the new generation car if the engine is still the old one leh......... Seems like the only choice is getting the 2.0 litre if available......

Edited by LiangShiHong
  • Praise 2

No. From the revealing of the new Mazda 3, other than the 2.0 skyactiv X new engine, the new mazda 3 will still be available with 1.5, 2.0 and 2.5 litre petrol engines respectively. And as usual in our market, we don't get the latest technology. So probably when the new Mazda 3 is launched here, we could still be getting the existing 1.5 and 2.0 litre engine. It will certainly be a wonderful package to come with the highly complicated skyactiv X engine.

Dear GOD Almighty,please do not make this beauty as a Grab/Go-Jek or any PHD vehicle.it's too gorgeous and frankly,it's a sin. Thank you GOD.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Dislike 1