2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

When the VES started 2nd phase in July 2018, Toyota Corolla Elegance was VES C2, Standard was VES C1. Somehow now it became VES B. If Toyota can do it maybe Mazda also can tune their engine to get better results.

I was also quite interested in this, cos I expected the Corolla to get a better VES initially (the fl engine is a different unit with better tech).

Fingers crossed Mazda can get a decent VES banding, as previously they have been quite on the ball in hitting emissions targets in other countries (particularly diesel EUR 6 in europe.

FYI all, for some reason the rated fuel consumption is poorer for the new model: https://www.caradvice.com.au/728549/2019-mazda3-hatch-review-quick-drive-australia/

Article did not state whether the increase in FC is due to WLTP standards (which is expected) or an actual deprovement from prev gen so take with a pinch of salt :)

Edited by Gemmoglock
↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, I am looking to purchase the Mazda 3 when it comes out in the later half of the year.

I am thinking about setting up a Whatsapp group to see if we can organise a group buy (with stronger bargaining power) when its official on sale. We can use the group chat to keep each other updated on the latest news of 2019 Mazda 3.

Any interested party, kindly drop me a text with your contact details.

Disclaimer: I am not a Mazda agent... Just a normal dude looking to buy the car.

Hi out to all. I just received the confirmed pricing for the various trims of 2019 Mazda 3.

Car is estimated to reach onshore in July 2019.

They are accepting the orders starting now.

Anyone keen to do a group buy with me, kindly drop me a PM! Thanks! 

Hi out to all. I just received the confirmed pricing for the various trims of 2019 Mazda 3.

Car is estimated to reach onshore in July 2019.

They are accepting the orders starting now.

Anyone keen to do a group buy with me, kindly drop me a PM! Thanks!

So did they manage to make it ves neutral?

You will have to understand that if they do not strip out many features, the Mazda3 will be much more expensive than other cars in its category . How they gonna make money?it's a business they are running

Running business isn't just about stripping out features and keeping your prices "reasonable".

It's about making a compelling offering to your customers so they will buy your products over that of your competitors.

You just need to look at the other offerings for the Jap brands in the same category: mid-sized family sedan. Competition is fierce in this category, and for simplicity just focus on the Jap brands minus the Contis.

Which of them are cheaper?

Nissan Sylphy - cheaper

Subaru Impreza - more expensive but it's a 2.0L

Honda Civic 1.6 NA - almost the same

Toyota Altis - more expensive

You see plenty of Altis on the road despite the higher price right? So it clearly shows it isn't just about cost. Unless, of course, all you're thinking about is the profit margin PER CAR as opposed to sales volume.

So yes, it's a business they're running. But there're many ways to run a business, not all of them wrong.

You will have to understand that if they do not strip out many features, the Mazda3 will be much more expensive than other cars in its category . How they gonna make money?it's a business they are running

Running business isn't just about stripping out features and keeping your prices "reasonable".

It's about making a compelling offering to your customers so they will buy your products over that of your competitors.

You just need to look at the other offerings for the Jap brands in the same category: mid-sized family sedan. Competition is fierce in this category, and for simplicity just focus on the Jap brands minus the Contis.

Which of them are cheaper?

Nissan Sylphy - cheaper

Subaru Impreza - more expensive but it's a 2.0L

Honda Civic 1.6 NA - almost the same

Toyota Altis - more expensive

You see plenty of Altis on the road despite the higher price right? So it clearly shows it isn't just about cost. Unless, of course, all you're thinking about is the profit margin PER CAR as opposed to sales volume.

So yes, it's a business they're running. But there're many ways to run a business, not all of them wrong.

Hi all, 

I have since received a few queries on the pricing from some users here. I hope to seek your understanding that I am not posting the price here as it seems even the AD isn't even offering any price sheet currently.

I have received the prices verbally and at this point, the agent communicated to me through a call, even avoiding leaving a Whatsapp trace. I respect my agent request to be sensitive about this and decided against posting the pricing openly for now.

However, any keen parties can leave your contact details with me. I am looking to create a Whatsapp group so we share, discuss the offerings of the new Mazda 3.

Disclaimer: Normal consumer here buying my first car, am not a Mazda agent. 

Cheers.

Hi all,

I have since received a few queries on the pricing from some users here. I hope to seek your understanding that I am not posting the price here as it seems even the AD isn't even offering any price sheet currently.

I have received the prices verbally and at this point, the agent communicated to me through a call, even avoiding leaving a Whatsapp trace. I respect my agent request to be sensitive about this and decided against posting the pricing openly for now.

However, any keen parties can leave your contact details with me. I am looking to create a Whatsapp group so we share, discuss the offerings of the new Mazda 3.

Cheers.

Can at least post the available trims without pricing here? Edited by assiak71

I would expect Standard and Deluxe/Premium trim to be sold.

For standard, let's hope TEK won't go to the extend of stripping down to hubcaps and fabric seats, because that is private hire fleet trim LOL

Hi all,

Cheers.

First time I see a consumer protecting the AD, unless you are an agent from AD.

Hi all,

Nothing to hide for me. I created a spreadsheet, based on information which I have gathered from various SEs and my conversation with a few potential buyers, for the benefit of everyone in this community.

However, it is important to note that information here might not be accurate or relevant at this timestamp.

Currently, TEK has begun to accept advance orders for the 2019 Mazda 3. It will be available in 3 trims (Entry / Core / Deluxe), with none of the specifications cast in stone yet. All the specifications drafted in my spreadsheet are based on rough guidance from my SE. According to my SE, the specifications for each trim might change depending on the negotiation that is happening between TEK and the Mazda factory.

The pricing in the spreadsheet is based on a $30,000 COE rebate for CAT A. If anyone is interested, one could place a $10,000 deposit to proceed to Joint-bid COE exercise. This would essentially lock in your COE at the next bidding price. The final car price would net off the difference between $30,000 and your actual bidded COE price.

I will try to answer as many questions as possible.

2019 Mazda 3 Deal Sheet_19 Mar 19.pdf

Edited by ozyboy87
  • Praise 1

First time I see a consumer protecting the AD, unless you are an agent from AD.

Just buy from AD. What for go through so much hassle?

Hi all,

Nothing to hide for me. I created a spreadsheet, based on information which I have gathered from various SEs and my conversation with a few potential buyers, for the benefit of everyone in this community.

However, it is important to note that information here might not be accurate or relevant at this timestamp.

Currently, TEK has begun to accept advance orders for the 2019 Mazda 3. It will be available in 3 trims (Entry / Core / Deluxe), with none of the specifications cast in stone yet. All the specifications drafted in my spreadsheet are based on rough guidance from my SE. According to my SE, the specifications for each trim might change depending on the negotiation that is happening between TEK and the Mazda factory.

The pricing in the spreadsheet is based on a $30,000 COE rebate for CAT A. If anyone is interested, one could place a $10,000 deposit to proceed to Joint-bid COE exercise. This would essentially lock in your COE at the next bidding price. The final car price would net off the difference between $30,000 and your actual bidded COE price.

You talk to SE not the right move. They are not at management level. If you really serious, talk to the sales manager

I guess I am serious enough to have the maximum amount of information available as I have since exercised my option to joint-bid my COE with TEK

Hi all,

The pricing in the spreadsheet is based on a $30,000 COE rebate for CAT A. If anyone is interested, one could place a $10,000 deposit to proceed to Joint-bid COE exercise. This would essentially lock in your COE at the next bidding price. The final car price would net off the difference between $30,000 and your actual bidded COE price.

As usual TEK profit margin is nothing short of ridiculous. Yes I know this spec sheet is anything but final and everything is subject to changes, but I also know that major equipment are already CONFIRMED at this stage. So don't tell us things like we may suddenly get heated front seats and heated steering wheel when the actual car arrives eventually

It looks like its just gonna be another Grab car special for the standard version. OMV of approx $20k yet the car is selling at over $100k... hahaha...

And where is the halo Skyactiv X 2L? Why make the old 1.5L the main seller?

ANd more importantly, where are the essential safety features eg, blind spot detection, radar CC, lane departure warning, 360deg cam etc the whole suite? Not there even for the high spec model right?

How would the new 3 stands out from the competition other than its selling price? [laugh]

I guess I am serious enough to have the maximum amount of information available as I have since exercised my option to joint-bid my COE with TEK

Ok. But SE are just plain salesman who may do not have the correct info. The manager will be able to give accurate info. Since you are serious, What is stopping you talking to the management?

As usual TEK profit margin is nothing short of ridiculous. Yes I know this spec sheet is anything but final and everything is subject to changes, but I also know that major equipment are already CONFIRMED at this stage. So don't tell us things like we may suddenly get heated front seats and heated steering wheel when the actual car arrives eventually

It looks like its just gonna be another Grab car special for the standard version. OMV of approx $20k yet the car is selling at over $100k... hahaha...

And where is the halo Skyactiv X 2L? Why make the old 1.5L the main seller?

ANd more importantly, where are the essential safety features eg, blind spot detection, radar CC, lane departure warning, 360deg cam etc the whole suite? Not there even for the high spec model right?

How would the new 3 stands out from the competition other than its selling price? [laugh]

He will not be able to answer you as he only talk to lower level people. Only top management will have an idea and he failed to communicate with them

Relax lah, share info for fun only, people won't be so serious. You say 80k nobody will go Mazda say ozyboy from online forum told us 80k only, why now selling at $xxx instead. SE will ask that guy go fly kite.

Wow itâs almost at mz6 pricing though this new mz3 may have more features?

Quite a joke pricing even for a new model, since it's not even Skyactiv X. Better off buying the Mz6 FL for a similar price.

Relax lah, share info for fun only, people won't be so serious. You say 80k nobody will go Mazda say ozyboy from online forum told us 80k only, why now selling at $xxx instead. SE will ask that guy go fly kite.

Quite a joke pricing even for a new model, since it's not even Skyactiv X. Better off buying the Mz6 FL for a similar price.

And the 1.5L is so weak to begin with...

$80k for the high spec model would be more realistic.. but at that price, the new 3 will run head to head against the excellent Cerato SX and the OMG looking Avante Elite, both of which which is even better specced, designed and alot bigger car. Granted the 2 Koreans have a wheezy engine too. 

So the new 3 needs to be cheaper than the Koreans to be competitive if we are denied of the 2L Skyactiv X. Becos the new 3 will just be another Japs econobox on the road with nothing to stand itself out of the competition other than its high selling prices

• Praise 1

In my opinion, TEK diluted the Mazda 3 brand by mass selling to the private hires company. We pay a premium price, just to realize there are so many on the roads with the private hires stickers. Hope they will not do this to the new 2019 Mazda 3.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2