2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

(edited)

In other country, diesel variant is always the top of the line.

And diesel engine cost more also. Just that in Singapore, still not many ppl can appreciate diesel and of cos in our small island, not all going high mileage.

I think your other country is in Europe.

I saw the US launch reviews on Youtube almost all are the petrol 2.5L AWD, the top range. In the US it's difficult to find a petrol station selling diesel. Many of them are petrol heads anyway.

Can see most of the money is spent on looks, exterior and interior. Legroom in the rear is still the same or no change. The car's front facia is nice but when you put the car's number plate....maybe they forgot when they design it. I think that's about it. Apart from the nicely done interior and quality there's nothing much to talk about. Infotainment is still very much Mazda's. Got Apple carplay but dunno whether it's offered here.

All diesel powered cars when brand new are very quiet. It's only when you pile more miles on it it clatters louder. Just ask any diesel powered passenger car owner.

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement

their new hatchback pricing is close to the old hatchback pricing...when COE was 50k. 

Nutjobs. 

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am actually looking for a hard number for the basic sedan. Do share if you or anyone else has it.

Cheers!

I saw the US launch reviews on Youtube almost all are the petrol 2.5L AWD, the top range. In the US it's difficult to find a petrol station selling diesel. Many of them are petrol heads anyway.

Can see most of the money is spent on looks, exterior and interior. Legroom in the rear is still the same or no change. The car's front facia is nice but when you put the car's number plate....maybe they forgot when they design it. I think that's about it. Apart from the nicely done interior and quality there's nothing much to talk about. Infotainment is still very much Mazda's. Got Apple carplay but dunno whether it's offered here.

All diesel powered cars when brand new are very quiet. It's only when you pile more miles on it it clatters louder. Just ask any diesel powered passenger car owner.

Looks, exterior and interior. That is what 90% of consumers look for anyway.

Hidden behind are also ergonomic changes to driving position which can only be experienced physically.

Many of them can't differentiate a multilink rear to a semi independent torsion beam setup, more so other mechanical aspects. With the Core trim priced at mid 90k I believe is well worth if one doesn't care about performance numbers.

• Praise 1

yes Europe, or if u want one country which most singaporean always visit will be Malaysia.

their highest trim/most exp also diesel. which come in all full futures.

98k for core trim at 30k coe rebate as per some bro posted above. Still worth it? I am not so sure. It’s commanding a premium cos it’s a new model.

No doubt interior is nice but no test drives available now yet.

• Praise 2

Wow core trim at 98k, is more than Civic 1.6NA already...

Anyone has an idea of the Basic trim?

To be fair, this car has 6 or 7 airbags vs 2 for Civic 1.6NA

There are other features which the Civic doesn’t have as well but this needs to be confirmed so not an apple to apple comparison.

Need to see OMV, specs n features to really compare n conclude if this new Mz3 is really overpriced. For now I feel jury still out. Trouble is TEK doesn't makes the specs readily available to potential buyers as it’s not approved by LTA yet n so it’s soft sell n only shown to buyers who visit the showroom.

• Praise 6

Ohhh TEK so secretive... Weird...

If the OMV of the incoming Mazda 3 is like 14 - 15k. Then it would be crazily priced.

• Praise 1

yes Europe, or if u want one country which most singaporean always visit will be Malaysia.

their highest trim/most exp also diesel. which come in all full futures.

I do not like the current Euro6 emission standards for diesel.

There are more potential issues coming from the engine. They are expensive and tedious to solve.

Maybe about 70% City during commute to work.

Went to genting / cameron a few times before, usually maintain at 150. Overtaking is a breeze from let's say 150-180. Still within powerband. Diesel will give you the pleasure driving feel from the high torque, but do take note it is not as fast as petrol if u floor it. However most of the time when u r driving normally, u r faster than most of the car. Because u step only 1/3 of pedal u fly away liao whereas other need to step more than 1/2 of the pedal to achieve same speed.

For me still under free servicing thus can't comment on that. I get diesel bcos of the torque. Go test drive both the diesel n petrol, drive normally like you will daily n see which one suits u more.

You getting a diesel bcos of high mileage or?

Thank for the feedback. 

Yes, considering that if I were to spent most of the time on the road travelling, and especially in Stop-Start traffic like in Singapore, I would probably think that driving a diesel would be more economical (depending on the nature of your job) and also the kind of mileage that you are going to be clocking. Oh, by the way - I'm not referring to Private-Hire (PHV) kind of job, more like a sale job that requires you to travel. 

I've sat in diesel passenger vehicle quite some time ago, and I was quite impressed with the performance and the pick-up, and this change my perception and mind about diesel vehicle. However, because I'm not the owner of the vehicle, I was not able to determine the kind of cost, running cost and maintenance cost over the long term. I've have had some experience (majority of the my experience with petrol vehicle) so switching over to diesel seems like a "risk taking" for m

• Praise 2

High mileage aside, diesel drives well in our built up city roads cos the high torque makes it a breeze to overtake, change lanes confidently n in good time and so too the excellent pick up from standstill.

The downsides are more vibration as compared to petrol n with that some wear n tear items like mounting, bushings etc get changed more frequently but yes I’m for diesel but our govt rules are now skewed against diesel vehicles which is a pity.

Yes, I can attest to this statement. If you are using your diesel vehicle in a start-stop traffic, this would meant that you can accelerate faster, using less diesel in the process (this point i am not sure) as compared to a petrol, while making use of the torque of the engine to get to highway speed if you required.

As our expressway (highway) isn't as far and long like those in Germany, you don't need so much of the power to accelerate when you are driving near the higher speed limit of the vehicle. Moreover, you get to drive like a maximum of 100km/h in Singapore, or slightly faster (against the maximum permitted speed limit in Singapore). Even if you travel to Malaysia, and drive up to using the North-South Highway (NSH), the maximum I think you would travel comfortably would be in the range of 120km/h to 160km/h. Any faster, I think you would need to be quite experience in handling those speed.

• Praise 2

Hi out to all. I just received the confirmed pricing for the various trims of 2019 Mazda 3.

Car is estimated to reach onshore in July 2019.

They are accepting the orders starting now.

Anyone keen to do a group buy with me, kindly drop me a PM! Thanks! 

hello ozyboy87, sorry but do you know anything about the engine specification or design? Will this 2019 Mazda 3 be just a facelift (FL) model of the previous generation of Mazda 3 or can we expect any improvement to the engine figures and design as compared to the previous engine variant? 

Sorry, I usually don't follow the trend of development for Mazda car.

hello ozyboy87, sorry but do you know anything about the engine specification or design? Will this 2019 Mazda 3 be just a facelift (FL) model of the previous generation of Mazda 3 or can we expect any improvement to the engine figures and design as compared to the previous engine variant?

Sorry, I usually don't follow the trend of development for Mazda car.

This is a totally new model not facelift. Other info I don’t really have so will leave it to the experts to reply u.

I’ve owned 2 Mz3 before n I like the handling of the car and as I always say, Mazda is the most Conti like amongst the Japs esp in the area of handling but what I don't like is that previous generations of Mz3 engines are abit rough n noisy but I understand the recent generation Mz3 has improved in this area somewhat.

• Praise 10

Supercharged

SE say its reusing the 1.5L engine so there u go...

Underwhelming

It’s an ironic that car companies are coming up with newer engines but local ADs are reusing old engines, maybe newer engines will incur VES. Just see the K3 and now Mazda 3.
  • Praise 2

SE say its reusing the 1.5L engine so there u go...

Underwhelming

Then better to adopt a wait and see approach. Wouldn't be good if resale value collapse when the cheapest trim is sold as private hire fleet car.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2