2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

Then better to adopt a wait and see approach. Wouldn't be good if resale value collapse when the cheapest trim is sold as private hire fleet car.

That’s what happen in 2014 when the current Mazda 3 was launched, pretty ex and then in 2016, they sold a lot of the base model to Uber.

However if you take the high spec model and “soul red” Mazda colour, it won’t be mistaken for PHV because PHV take those base model and cheap solid colours like dark blue and sky blue .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Pricing I shared last week.

Anyone here has the latest pricing and specifications for the 2019 Mazda 3 model? 

Core trim is good enough. Just no paddle shifters and some road sensing sensors.

Wow core trim at 98k, is more than Civic 1.6NA already...

Anyone has an idea of the Basic trim?

It should be higher, need to down 40% 

Ohhh TEK so secretive... Weird...

If the OMV of the incoming Mazda 3 is like 14 - 15k. Then it would be crazily priced.

Its not a FL model. Interior wise is so much different. Engine wise looks the same. Wait! I think compression is much higher.

hello ozyboy87, sorry but do you know anything about the engine specification or design? Will this 2019 Mazda 3 be just a facelift (FL) model of the previous generation of Mazda 3 or can we expect any improvement to the engine figures and design as compared to the previous engine variant? 

Sorry, I usually don't follow the trend of development for Mazda car.

Twincharged

Agree the power is lacking especially step on gas from zero 

Otherwise the deluxe model internally is great

Most important is still the pricing

This is a totally new model not facelift. Other info I don’t really have so will leave it to the experts to reply u.

I’ve owned 2 Mz3 before n I like the handling of the car and as I always say, Mazda is the most Conti like amongst the Japs esp in the area of handling but what I don't like is that previous generations of Mz3 engines are abit rough n noisy but I understand the recent generation Mz3 has improved in this area somewhat.

• Praise 3

Just to start, the engine this time round would be Skyactiv-G with mild hybrid.

So do expect better FCs over the previous generation Skyactiv-G.

I reckon only slightly better. Cos it’s used to power on board electronics instead of motor.

COE bidding today. If coe up, TEK always increase price, if down, keep to current early bird price. Hahaha

• Praise 1

Just to start, the engine this time round would be Skyactiv-G with mild hybrid.

So do expect better FCs over the previous generation Skyactiv-G.

Are u sure they r bringing in mazda 3 with hybrid and not using the old engine in a new body?

If it goes mild hybrid and hp goes above 120bhp, it's going into Cat B.

• Praise 1

Are u sure they r bringing in mazda 3 with hybrid and not using the old engine in a new body?

Well is a mild hybrid, not even close to adding any performance. Definitely not going above 130bhp.

They are probably saving Cat B for Skyactiv-X that just launched in Europe, provided they even bring it in.

• Praise 2

Problem is the salesmen are also not very clear about the specs for sure.  :a-bang:  :a-noway:  :a-aggressive:  :a-SOS:

https://paultan.org/2019/06/10/2019-mazda-3-2-0l-skyactiv-x-details-revealed-180-ps-224-nm-5-4-litres-per-100-km-standard-mild-hybrid/

The 2.0 litre petrol engine delivers 180 PS at 6,000 rpm and 224 rpm of torque at 3,000 rpm, figures that compare favourably to the 155 PS and 199 Nm produced by the regular 2.0 litre SkyActiv-G. Notably, peak torque arrives 1,000 rpm lower for the SkyActiv-X mill, which should result in punchier in-gear acceleration.

And while the compression ratio is rated at a heady 16.3:1, the engine can still run on regular RON 95 petrol, not some high-octane unobtanium fuel. It is paired to a choice of six-speed SkyActiv-MT manual and SkyActiv-Drive automatic transmissions, with an i-Activ all-wheel drive system available as an option.

SkyActiv-X models also come as standard with Mazda M Hybrid, a 24-volt mild hybrid system that recuperates kinetic energy to power an electric motor that assists during acceleration. Put that all together and Mazda claims a combined fuel consumption figure of as low as 5.4 litres per 100 km is possible (front-wheel drive manual sedan with the smaller 16-inch wheels) – and that’s on the more stringent WLTP cycle.

With an automatic gearbox and larger 18-inch wheels that we usually get here, this figure goes up to 6.2 litres per 100 km (6.3 litres per 100 km on the hatchback), which is still an impressive feat. Carbon dioxide emissions, meanwhile, are as low as 122 grams per kilometre on the combined cycle.

This will be THE Mazda 3 to get in SG. Anything lesser is a total waste of time and money

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Not many people will get the 2L Mazda 3. But still dunno the spec for the new Mazda 3 yet. Wait for it to be announced officially.

https://paultan.org/2019/06/10/2019-mazda-3-2-0l-skyactiv-x-details-revealed-180-ps-224-nm-5-4-litres-per-100-km-standard-mild-hybrid/

The 2.0 litre petrol engine delivers 180 PS at 6,000 rpm and 224 rpm of torque at 3,000 rpm, figures that compare favourably to the 155 PS and 199 Nm produced by the regular 2.0 litre SkyActiv-G. Notably, peak torque arrives 1,000 rpm lower for the SkyActiv-X mill, which should result in punchier in-gear acceleration.

And while the compression ratio is rated at a heady 16.3:1, the engine can still run on regular RON 95 petrol, not some high-octane unobtanium fuel. It is paired to a choice of six-speed SkyActiv-MT manual and SkyActiv-Drive automatic transmissions, with an i-Activ all-wheel drive system available as an option.

SkyActiv-X models also come as standard with Mazda M Hybrid, a 24-volt mild hybrid system that recuperates kinetic energy to power an electric motor that assists during acceleration. Put that all together and Mazda claims a combined fuel consumption figure of as low as 5.4 litres per 100 km is possible (front-wheel drive manual sedan with the smaller 16-inch wheels) – and that’s on the more stringent WLTP cycle.

With an automatic gearbox and larger 18-inch wheels that we usually get here, this figure goes up to 6.2 litres per 100 km (6.3 litres per 100 km on the hatchback), which is still an impressive feat. Carbon dioxide emissions, meanwhile, are as low as 122 grams per kilometre on the combined cycle.

This will be THE Mazda 3 to get in SG. Anything lesser is a total waste of time and money

• Praise 1

previously tek tried selling the 2.0l mazda 3 and response was bad. if they bring in a 2.0 mazda 3, they will lose in the market cause core of the buyers are still cat A buyers if you look at avante/cerato/altis/vios. unless they decide to just focus on mazda 2 for the cat A market which I highly doubt they will. 

if they can price a 2.0l mazda 3 at sub 90k like the mazda cx3, people will be tempted cause the drive will be great but then again, its all about price in SG. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Last time in this thread , I saw someone posted the new Mazda 3 price. The highest trim already 100k, so 2L confirm more than that. No way it's going to be sub 90k.

previously tek tried selling the 2.0l mazda 3 and response was bad. if they bring in a 2.0 mazda 3, they will lose in the market cause core of the buyers are still cat A buyers if you look at avante/cerato/altis/vios. unless they decide to just focus on mazda 2 for the cat A market which I highly doubt they will. 

if they can price a 2.0l mazda 3 at sub 90k like the mazda cx3, people will be tempted cause the drive will be great but then again, its all about price in SG. 

• Praise 3

New Mazda 3

Tier 1

Sedan:

Entry model $96800

Core model $103800

High model $107800

Hatchback:

Core model $111800

High model $115800

Coe Rebate - $37 k

—————————————

Tier 2

Indicative prices are out

Sedan:

Entry model $89800

Core model $96800

High model $100800

Hatchback:

Core model $104800

High model $100800

Coe Rebate - $30 k

*There’ll be $1000 more

if there’s no trade in.

*There’ll be $1000 more

if Choose Soul Red or Machine grey

Last time in this thread , I saw someone posted the new Mazda 3 price. The highest trim already 100k, so 2L confirm more than that. No way it's going to be sub 90k.

There will be no 2L for this new mz3. Only 1.5L.

The prospectus is already available at the showroom

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Wah rebate at 37k when current coe at 30k. Means they expecting a 7k bump in coe for catA? 7k difference in pricing for entry to core is quite a jump.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Haha what a joke by TEK to retain the old 1.5 engine and charge over 100k for it

Overseas is using 2L and we are using old 1.5L engine. Selling at abt 100k also. Good luck, TEK!!
  • Praise 3

New Mazda 3

Tier 1

Sedan:

Entry model $96800

Core model $103800

High model $107800

Hatchback:

Core model $111800

High model $115800

Coe Rebate - $37 k

—————————————

Tier 2

Indicative prices are out

Sedan:

Entry model $89800

Core model $96800

High model $100800

Hatchback:

Core model $104800

High model $100800

Coe Rebate - $30 k

*There’ll be $1000 more

if there’s no trade in.

*There’ll be $1000 more

if Choose Soul Red or Machine grey

There will be no 2L for this new mz3. Only 1.5L.

The prospectus is already available at the showroom

whats tier 1 vs tier 2

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1