2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

civic omv is less than 20k and i believe honda cvts are probably one of the most reliable.

will still prefer driving a car with traditional at gear box though.

This is the omv for pre-FL. June/July is the first batch of FL Civic and the values from LTA is from May.
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Test drove both the Mazda 3 and Civic 1.6 today. Below is my comparison between both the cars.

Driver seat

Mazda gives a slightly better feel compared to Civic. In terms of width, it feels a little bit tight in the M3 (might be due to the way I sit). One thing that slightly annoyed me on the Civic is the steering wheel blocking part of the dashboard (I like to keep my steering wheel low).

Rear seat

Civic's wins in terms of space by a very significant amount. In terms of comfort, feedback from missus is that Civic's seat feels better and Mazda's was a bit too hard.

Overall interior quality

Mazda wins hands down on this. In terms of "plushness", the difference is still significant between the M3 and M6 (thickness of the cushioning is pretty thin on the M3). Civic interior is like your typical B&B car with tons of plastic.

Driving and Handling

The feel and handling of both car is very different so it's a matter of preference here.

Mazda definitely feels much heavier when moving off (a bit like driving my father's old MPV) but it's still pretty much alright in terms of power and for overtaking in Singapore. There's always the option of flooring the accelerator and setting it to sports mode if I wanted to. Brake-wise, you need to be a bit more heavy-footed to make the car come to a stop. Turning-wise, it's pretty interesting as I don't feel the typical body-sway. Because of the design of the car, there are also more blind spots to take note of.

Civic is pretty responsive in terms of moving off and the drive-off is quite easy. It's my first time driving a CVT gearbox and I can still somewhat feel the gearshift. Brake-wise, it's a bit more sensitive so there's a tendency to jam-brake (i'm heavy footed when it comes to braking)

Pricing

Both M3 and Civic (2019 FL) have OMV >20k so max loan of 60% applies to both. Needless to say, Civic is priced slightly more attractively. The only open question is whether the CVT can last till 10 years (if someone has the answer, do let me know) and how much it will cost to fix it after the warranty ends.

You couldnt say it better. Saw civic’s interior once and wouldnt want to see it again. Its horribly filled with plastics - Just like mazda 2 and audi a3.

And yes, i find mazda auto gear shifting is alot smoother amongst other japan makes

Edited by thesoul
  • Praise 1

Reading the mild hybrid excerpt in the brochure, i believe the instant torque of 48.5nm plus the available engine torque at 1500-2000rpm (roughly 100nm or so) is the reason why the new mazda3 wont appear to be sluggish when taking off. 

However, the battery wont be able to assist during mid-speed acceleration, where the max torque is 153nm at 4000rpm. So this will be where most users will feel the lack of power since typical driving is not at 4000rpm range 

WHAT IS M-HYBRID?

The M-Hybrid system uses Mazda’s new electric device technology. This technology helps improve fuel economy by regenerating energy recovered during deceleration and using it to power onboard electrical equipment. It also powers a motor that assists the engine when accelerating from a standstill, a time when the engine benefits from it most.

The M-Hybrid system takes kinetic energy recovered during deceleration, uses an integrated starter generator (ISG) to convert it into electric power, and stores that power in a lithium-ion battery. It then uses a DC-DC converter to convert that power to the appropriate voltage and supplies it to the car’s electrical equipment. Adopting the belt-driven ISG also allows the system to provide drive assist and to help the engine restart more quietly after shutting down for idling stop. In addition, the lithium-ion battery is mounted between the wheels such that it minimizes any affect on interior space while helping optimize weight distribution and contributing to collision safety.

SkyActiv-G 1.5

Maximum Power: 88kW (120ps)/6,000rpm Maximum Torque: 153Nm(15.6kgm)/4,000rpm *Fuel Consumption (combined): 5.5 L/100km Vehicular Emissions Scheme (VES) Band: A2

M-Hybrid

Motor Power: 5.1kW(6.8ps)/1,800rpm
Motor Torque: 48.5Nm/100rpm
Total Motor Power: 5.1kW
*Figures are based on average of urban and highway driving

• Praise 2

So today i went down to mazda again. Almost like a weekly affair for a month liao. This time to see the mazda 3 in flesh. Seems like lots of test cars of mazda 3 and also a nice buffet spread.

The mazda 3 rear looms very diff frm the old mazda 3. Though front looks like mazda 6.

It is the interior that shines. Sit inside, the driver seat. Its comfy. And u feel like u r in a high end conti cabin. Q2 can move aside. A3 also. This is the cabin u really desire.

Rear seats honestly crampier than old mazda 3 though.

The elegance spec is very high. All the safety features u can find on a mazda 6 is here on mazda 3.

The interior puts altis. Avante. Civic. Etc to shame. Honest opinion.

Din bother with the pricing as i am here just to kaypoh.

I was told though the annual dep is like mazda 6.

But apple to apple comparison to altis avantes. Civic. I think this car specs tops. Plus the cabin. Awesome. Attention to details is there.

Lots of soft touch materials though hard plastics only on the bottom part of the door and cabin.

Avante elite will still command a better price value package vs mazda elegance though.

Lets see how mazda price this ride months down the road. There should be buyers now but many might just wan2 pay just a few k more to drive the mazda 6.

Mazda 6 std prob now at 99k. Exec 101k to 104k depends on colors.

So theres kinda a mazda 6 eating mazda 3 sales i feel

To be honest, Singaporean buyers of a humble B&B sedan will ferry passengers at the back seats. If the legroom is still as cramped...i think not it will not be extremely popular, even if the mid spec is about the price of the Elegance trim of the Altis.

How is the headroom of the sedan though?

And if the road tax of $1082+/yr is really true...its a wet blanket.

To be honest, Singaporean buyers of a humble B&B sedan will ferry passengers at the back seats. If the legroom is still as cramped...i think not it will not be extremely popular, even if the mid spec is about the price of the Elegance trim of the Altis.

How is the headroom of the sedan though?

And if the road tax of $1082+/yr is really true...its a wet blanket.

The Opel Insignia Grandsport (Innovation edition) is around $109K, 1.5 turbo  (162 bhp) and as spacious as a Camry. Can consider that if legroom is a key priority.

*I am not an Opel SE. I test drove the Grandsport 2.0 turbo and Mazda 3 & 6 this afternoon...since the showrooms are next to each other at Ubi.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

So today i went down to mazda again. Almost like a weekly affair for a month liao. This time to see the mazda 3 in flesh. Seems like lots of test cars of mazda 3 and also a nice buffet spread.

The mazda 3 rear looms very diff frm the old mazda 3. Though front looks like mazda 6.

It is the interior that shines. Sit inside, the driver seat. Its comfy. And u feel like u r in a high end conti cabin. Q2 can move aside. A3 also. This is the cabin u really desire.

Rear seats honestly crampier than old mazda 3 though.

The elegance spec is very high. All the safety features u can find on a mazda 6 is here on mazda 3.

The interior puts altis. Avante. Civic. Etc to shame. Honest opinion.

Din bother with the pricing as i am here just to kaypoh.

I was told though the annual dep is like mazda 6.

But apple to apple comparison to altis avantes. Civic. I think this car specs tops. Plus the cabin. Awesome. Attention to details is there.

Lots of soft touch materials though hard plastics only on the bottom part of the door and cabin.

Avante elite will still command a better price value package vs mazda elegance though.

Lets see how mazda price this ride months down the road. There should be buyers now but many might just wan2 pay just a few k more to drive the mazda 6.

Mazda 6 std prob now at 99k. Exec 101k to 104k depends on colors.

So theres kinda a mazda 6 eating mazda 3 sales i feel

Mazda 6 selling so low? 101k can get exec trim? Like this who will buy mazda 3?

(edited)

Mazda 6 selling so low? 101k can get exec trim? Like this who will buy mazda 3?

Mazda 6 is $110.9K to 114.9K based on latest price list given to me this afternoon, which is the same as that posted on sgcarmart.

Mazda 3 Sedan is $92.7K to $103.7K

Mazda 3 HB is $103.7K to $107.7K

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/pricelist/24/2019-07-05.pdf

Edited by redstuff

Supersonic

Mazda 6 is $110.9K to 114.9K based on latest price list given to me this afternoon, which is the same as that posted on sgcarmart.

Mazda 3 Sedan is $92.7K to $103.7K

Mazda 3 HB is $103.7K to $107.7K

https://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/pricelist/24/2019-07-05.pdf

So still have around 10k between mazda 3 mid spec to mazda 6 standard lo, some people might find it a lot.

Test drove both the Mazda 3 and Civic 1.6 today. Below is my comparison between both the cars.

Driver seat

Mazda gives a slightly better feel compared to Civic. In terms of width, it feels a little bit tight in the M3 (might be due to the way I sit). One thing that slightly annoyed me on the Civic is the steering wheel blocking part of the dashboard (I like to keep my steering wheel low).

Rear seat

Civic's wins in terms of space by a very significant amount. In terms of comfort, feedback from missus is that Civic's seat feels better and Mazda's was a bit too hard.

Overall interior quality

Mazda wins hands down on this. In terms of "plushness", the difference is still significant between the M3 and M6 (thickness of the cushioning is pretty thin on the M3). Civic interior is like your typical B&B car with tons of plastic.

Driving and Handling

The feel and handling of both car is very different so it's a matter of preference here.

Mazda definitely feels much heavier when moving off (a bit like driving my father's old MPV) but it's still pretty much alright in terms of power and for overtaking in Singapore. There's always the option of flooring the accelerator and setting it to sports mode if I wanted to. Brake-wise, you need to be a bit more heavy-footed to make the car come to a stop. Turning-wise, it's pretty interesting as I don't feel the typical body-sway. Because of the design of the car, there are also more blind spots to take note of.

Civic is pretty responsive in terms of moving off and the drive-off is quite easy. It's my first time driving a CVT gearbox and I can still somewhat feel the gearshift. Brake-wise, it's a bit more sensitive so there's a tendency to jam-brake (i'm heavy footed when it comes to braking)

Pricing

Both M3 and Civic (2019 FL) have OMV >20k so max loan of 60% applies to both. Needless to say, Civic is priced slightly more attractively. The only open question is whether the CVT can last till 10 years (if someone has the answer, do let me know) and how much it will cost to fix it after the warranty ends.

Nv test drive altis?
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Nv test drive altis?

Nope. Don't really like the interior (design and quality) so didn't put it on my list.

Just came to my mind that I drove a 2018 Corolla in Perth 2 months ago. I supposed it's the same model? Handling-wise, I feel it's similar with the Civic

Edited by SpaceMooMoo

Supersonic

Nope. Don't really like the interior (design and quality) so didn't put it on my list.

Just came to my mind that I drove a 2018 Corolla in Perth 2 months ago. I supposed it's the same model? Handling-wise, I feel it's similar with the Civic

Even you like the design and interior of altis, the price for high spec at $97k a bit too ex liao if compared with civic and new mazda 3. And pay a bit more can get mazda 6 if you pay for the altis. And altis is a 5 year old model, even older than civic.

Even you like the design and interior of altis, the price for high spec at $97k a bit too ex liao if compared with civic and new mazda 3. And pay a bit more can get mazda 6 if you pay for the altis. And altis is a 5 year old model, even older than civic.

But it's reliable n other brand r not reliable

Supersonic

But it's reliable n other brand r not reliable

Although altis is said to be reliable, but think mazda and honda also reliable la. Lol.

Supersonic

jus seen 1 altis kena towed away by roadside of woodlands ave 1, skl plate

Toyota would tell you it is user problem not manufacture fault. Lol.

Although altis is said to be reliable, but think mazda and honda also reliable la. Lol.

And then they will say: oh my friend xxx car always spoil n break down blah blah blah.

Toyota would tell you it is user problem not manufacture fault. Lol.

Ha spot on.

I ever screen shots few negative reviews on altis owner from sgcarmart. Then I post it to them, as usual kana dislike and one of them claim they r fake accs

They r really one special grp of ppl

↡ Advertisement