2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

Seems like no change to the civic price?!

It is always the practise of what TEK has been doing or only apply to this new mazda?

Think Civic 1.6l price drop $1k compared to last price list.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

guyz becareful of TEK on COE bidding. If COE shot above 5k as compared to the previous rd tTEK dun even bother to bid for u, if u dun wanna wait muz top up.

To be fair, think most B&B AD would also do the same if COE goes up by $5k or more ie not bid cos car price was sold at a lower level.

Sometimes if u r lucky, some ADs who have a quota to meet or certain months if principal throws in some $ to push the cars, then maybe AD could bid aggressively to secure COE but this few n far between.

• Praise 5

Relax. Audi brand. Mercs. Bmw sure command morr in price. Heck if they sell cheap. Then they r no longer known as premium brands liao.

Its like prada vs guess.

Desirability over practicallity thingy.

Actually if its 107k for audi a3. Bei pai pricr for an audi badge.

Audi a3 no way as bad as the prev gen a1. Hehe. No hard feelings old a1.

The new a1 though looks nice though i dun tink they will bring this in to sell

base off what you just mentioned, there's a market for 100 dollars Prada plastic bag.

• Praise 2

base off what you just mentioned, there's a market for 100 dollars Prada plastic bag.

well, there are people who sell prada, LV, hermes paper bags so.... yeah.. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Updated spreadsheet to include details for Mazda 3 HB, as well as Audi A3 SB and sedan, since many kept mentioning it here. Do note that Mazda 3 enjoy a $10K VES rebate (and thus $5K lesser in PARF), whereas Audi A3 attract a $10K surcharge, which do not add value to PARF however.

QxdFuk5.png

BTW, the above have yet to take into consideration other income of AD, such as commission of loan, motor insurance, trade-in car, etc. I assume that shall be used to cover the other overhead, such as salary, showroom maintenance, etc.

For those hatchback lover, the Audi A3 Sport Back might be worth considering after all, if you are looking at VFM perspective. I know they belongs to different class, but dollars and cents wise, hard to debate any further on it.

I think I will receive pm from Mazda SE very soon. :ouch-it-hurts: I am not called "bane of SE" for nothing... :XD:

the main cost of business in SG => rental.

pple also want nice nice showroom.. free copi, tea, curry puff also want.

and SE make 800 per car?

• Praise 3

(edited)

To be fair, think most B&B AD would also do the same if COE goes up by $5k or more ie not bid cos car price was sold at a lower level.

Sometimes if u r lucky, some ADs who have a quota to meet or certain months if principal throws in some $ to push the cars, then maybe AD could bid aggressively to secure COE but this few n far between.

u forgot that TEK is smart. eg u pay the deposit the car at $34k COE then say COE drop to $30k when they bid for u, the 4k TEK wont return u

who will be the fair to the buyer?

Edited by alex976
  • Praise 1

Well they did state that the rebate is at $30K for quite some time already.  :a-aggressive:

u forgot that TEK is smart. eg u pay the deposit the car at $34k COE then say COE drop to $30k when they bid for u, the 4k TEK wont return u

Well they did state that the rebate is at $30K for quite some time already. :a-aggressive:

that what they alw do mah. so the loser in this case is the buyer

Thats very common man. This practice have been practiced for years already. 

that what they alw do mah. so the loser in this case is the buyer

Twincharged

either or. but in my context, it's the 1.5NA remap. the high compression of the skyactiv engine does allow it to take advantage of a higher ron rating and higher redline limit.

i think most turbos for euro models are using a base 95 ron. but it too, can take advantage of a remap for 98 or even retuning the turbo pressure..

actually i would only get a manual. don't care even if i have to PI. i've been looking at cars for a potential moving back.. already eyeballed 2 manual cars i'm keen on depending if i can find another mazda 3 to personal import back since mine just passed the 3 year mark.. [bigcry]

plus malaysia is only a bridge crossing away..

i mean so long as it's not something ridiculous like a 6.2L v8, i'm sure most can afford.. 2.0 seems pretty standard given the amount of m6 i saw when i recently went back.

Small capacity engine, no matter how you map the power is also limited. Unless you throw emissions and reliability out of the window.
  • Praise 2

it's not just TEK leh. this practice is for all AD when they offer Coe rebates.

it's just how the Coe rebate scheme work. nothing special or different that TEK does.

• Praise 1

My car is gonna be scrap Mar 2020. Hopefully by then m3 will have a good price. I don mind 2nd hand but doubt there will be any for such a new car.

If not, I mind just settle for a chr. Comparable price between these 2 models.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

My car is gonna be scrap Mar 2020. Hopefully by then m3 will have a good price. I don mind 2nd hand but doubt there will be any for such a new car.

If not, I mind just settle for a chr. Comparable price between these 2 models.

You will be surprise that people would sell their mazda less than 2 year old.

• Praise 1

it's not just TEK leh. this practice is for all AD when they offer Coe rebates.

it's just how the Coe rebate scheme work. nothing special or different that TEK does.

yes that is usually the case. but the skyactiv is different from most engines out there. the fact that they're running DI with high compression makes it slightly better to take advantage of higher octane fuel. it has been discussed on m3r forums that the skyactiv engines will benefit from high rev usage.. the power delivery for the 2.5l comes on after 3000rpm and i'm pretty sure the same formula will work for the 1.5l too. 

after all, this is almost identical to the mx-5 1.5l engine with changes to camshaft and ignition timing. if you're after power, the 1.5l has been turbo charged in the uk by BBR GTi. it has seen a similar output to the 2.0l engine. of course, bear in mind your LTA yearly inspection, but more power can be had if you are really looking for it.

p.s here's a background before i bought the mazda 3 2015. i've found the handling very similar to my previous car, e90 M3, in a different format. RWD vs FWD. but there's a lot of potential in the skyactiv chassis. i've considered s3 and golf GTI before making my purchase. the only let down is that there isn't much r&d going on with this generation. my ultimate goal is 350AWHP (MPS3/ mazdaspeed3 level) with a swap from the cx-5 awd and a turbocharged engine. it's possible but money is another issue. but it'll definitely come soon.. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I have owned a Mazda before. Mazda’s are know for their better chassis among the Japanese car makers. However when it comes to engines. They might be innovative with skyactive and the rotary. They still lag behind Honda and toyota in terms of engine design. My take is, if skyactive is so good, why are the rest of the manufacturers not using it. Toyota and Honda R&D teams are many many times larger than Mazda.

Engine design and tech is old school. No rocket science behind it where someone can be doing cutting edge stuff.

• Praise 1

I have owned a Mazda before. Mazda’s are know for their better chassis among the Japanese car makers. However when it comes to engines. They might be innovative with skyactive and the rotary. They still lag behind Honda and toyota in terms of engine design. My take is, if skyactive is so good, why are the rest of the manufacturers not using it. Toyota and Honda R&D teams are many many times larger than Mazda.

Engine design and tech is old school. No rocket science behind it where someone can be doing cutting edge stuff.

i think i read somewhere lexus is considering using skyactive-x engine for new design?

• Praise 1

(edited)

Honda has kind of been "asleep at the wheel"...

Of course, this was 4-8 years ago.

Edited by DK3410
↡ Advertisement