2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

7 hours ago, Contented said:

Not bad.. DRL can be off..

when car is in park mode, door will be unlocked and anyone at your boot can open busy pressing the boot switch right?

Yes.. but no one does that by opening your boot..

↡ Advertisement

11 hours ago, Vegas said:

those who like will buy this...

those who bitch about space: Mazda 3 and 6 were never about SPACE

those who bitch about power: try it on NSHW and you know how well each car behave... power without control is useless

no i do not have the new mazda 3. but i had 2 previous mazda 3 and tested a rental BN current gen maz 3 extensively.

nothing change. interior and handling is best in class

pickup, nothing to shout about, mild hybrid helps for overtaking at highway speed

sg not so many curves, but south bouna vista will tell how well a car handles

not about bitching on mz 3 power, just making a factual statement on its weight to power output. there is no escaping from that hefty weight

not sure how the mild hybrid system will help. i think most cars can overtake at high way speed, it's a matter of how u build up the speed. i could also overtake in my nissan sunny haha

of cos, like u said, if u like mz3, u will  buy.

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

not about bitching on mz 3 power, just making a factual statement on its weight to power output. there is no escaping from that hefty weight

not sure how the mild hybrid system will help. i think most cars can overtake at high way speed, it's a matter of how u build up the speed. i could also overtake in my nissan sunny haha

of cos, like u said, if u like mz3, u will  buy.

that's right, there is no perfect car. you give and take in every aspect when comparing different models across the market. while admitting that mz3 has no wow performance factor, the safety features it has and its stylish look definitely worth investing for a good 5 yrs ahead for myself, hence i got it.

it is also worthwhile to consider the engineering effort when buying the car, this is also a factor i consider when i decided to pump in the money. youtube videos have dissected the engineering components from suspension to mild hybrid, to safety features, these are something new and i consider it a breakthrough for the similar cars in this segment..

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

Guess they had to cut the price cause sales ain't moving as fast as they wanted? 

Trying to price it at a premium in the cat a segment is just ridiculous. 

well, PHV rental companies will appreciate the drop in pricing this round, since the previous time mz3 classic was also well liked by them.. basic yet operational..

28 minutes ago, aztreonam said:

that's right, there is no perfect car. you give and take in every aspect when comparing different models across the market. while admitting that mz3 has no wow performance factor, the safety features it has and its stylish look definitely worth investing for a good 5 yrs ahead for myself, hence i got it.

it is also worthwhile to consider the engineering effort when buying the car, this is also a factor i consider when i decided to pump in the money. youtube videos have dissected the engineering components from suspension to mild hybrid, to safety features, these are something new and i consider it a breakthrough for the similar cars in this segment..

yup agree mz3 is a stylish car inside and outside. and that reason alone can convince some ppl to buy it

14 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Pfft. The phase power without control comes into play only when there is sufficient power. 

No Mazda 3 is near that except the MPS version. Under powered means under powered. 

Bet you never driven a powerful car before. 

beat a golf R and modified wrx in my mazda 3. you wanna bet against me?

yes the 1.5 and 2 are unpowered. but you can't blame the brand or model as a whole. you can only blame the government and the stupid coe. because people in other places are having much better configs in their 3 than a 1.5..

23 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

yes the 1.5 and 2 are unpowered. but you can't blame the brand or model as a whole. you can only blame the government and the stupid coe. because people in other places are having much better configs in their 3 than a 1.5..

wow, golf r has about 280 hp, while a stock mz3 has 120 hp

not sure what u mean by beating.......but sound quite impossible to me

12 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

wow, golf r has about 280 hp, while a stock mz3 has 120 hp

not sure what u mean by beating.......but sound quite impossible to me

37 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

because people in other places are having much better configs in their 3 than a 1.5..

This is what i meant. my mazda 3 has close to 200 WHP on a 2.5.. can't beat it on a standing start for sure but on a rolling i do stand a slight chance against a golf R and definitely will beat a GTI straight up..

the point i'm trying to make with the above discussion is that the 1.5L and the 2L may be underpowered powerplants. but they're by no means a representation of the model/ brand. it is unfortunate due to stupid government policies with COE that singapore has to suffer with a less choice of range and to most companies an afterthought of engine development just to meet the cat a requirements. 

i've also seen 2L engines with the same output as a stock 2.5 with a mere recalibration of ignition timing and fuel upgrade. i'm pretty sure the same can be had with a 1.5 if one was interested. but to diss a model/ brand completely because of it being underpowered is just silly and pure ignorant. to a c63 owner, a m3 might seem just as underpowered as what we're comparing to an avante and the like..

4 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

This is what i meant. my mazda 3 has close to 200 WHP on a 2.5.. can't beat it on a standing start for sure but on a rolling i do stand a slight chance against a golf R and definitely will beat a GTI straight up..

the point i'm trying to make with the above discussion is that the 1.5L and the 2L may be underpowered powerplants. but they're by no means a representation of the model/ brand. it is unfortunate due to stupid government policies with COE that singapore has to suffer with a less choice of range and to most companies an afterthought of engine development just to meet the cat a requirements. 

i've also seen 2L engines with the same output as a stock 2.5 with a mere recalibration of ignition timing and fuel upgrade. i'm pretty sure the same can be had with a 1.5 if one was interested. but to diss a model/ brand completely because of it being underpowered is just silly and pure ignorant. to a c63 owner, a m3 might seem just as underpowered as what we're comparing to an avante and the like..

Skyactiv X 2L has 180hp.

3 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

oh u meant a 2.5l Mz3.

i think the argument is comparing the weight and power output like for like, say an altis or avante. given their output is quite similar while mz3 weighs a lot more, its natural to be underpowered. but by no means is dissing mazda

i think every brand plays by the same rules in SG. Mazda chose to go this route, tech laden and stylish, maybe more conti-like weight.

naturally ppl will compare

12 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1122592_hotter-mazda-3-with-turbo-engine-might-take-on-vw-gti

Good comments, but our "government policies with COE" is not stupid as it brings in billions for them.

fdghhjj.JPG

5 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

oh u meant a 2.5l Mz3.

i think the argument is comparing the weight and power output like for like, say an altis or avante. given their output is quite similar while mz3 weighs a lot more, its natural to be underpowered. but by no means is dissing mazda

i think every brand plays by the same rules in SG. Mazda chose to go this route, tech laden and stylish, maybe more conti-like weight.

naturally ppl will compare

yeah of course. but when you look at the bigger picture. mazda has a much bigger engine to back things up in other places, which is the true representation of what the engineers were designing for between power to weight.  for eg. here in aus and in the us with the 2.0 and 2.5L.

However, for the toyota and advante as an example, whatever engines that you get in SG are mostly what they have overseas too. so you get a true representation of what the designers and engineers are designing for

which is why i say that mazda's in singapore aren't a true representation of design and engineering for weight and power since you miss out of 2/3s of the engine offereing

19 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Skyactiv X 2L has 180hp.

i wouldn't be too quick to jump on that bandwagon just yet. if there's something that i'd be complaining in their current offerings is AWD to be made more available to other regions and to revert back to rear multi link..

8 minutes ago, andrewyewkc said:

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1122592_hotter-mazda-3-with-turbo-engine-might-take-on-vw-gti

Good comments, but our "government policies with COE" is not stupid as it brings in billions for them.

hahaha depends which side of the fence you're on.... pro PAP spotted 🤣🤣

i actually enquired about the 2.5l turbo for an engine swap when it first came out on the cx-9 2-3 years ago. the unit cost 29k thereabouts.. i can get a chevy v8 for much less and spend the extra money to make it fit..

Edited by louisbosco

1 hour ago, louisbosco said:

wahahahhahaha.......

make my toes laugh.... Golf R and WRX not playing with you la.

or its a 1.2 golf tsi with golf R badging and a likewise fake WRX.

next week then school holidays.... so fast got kiddos anyhow Tua Pow.... sigh....

Edited by Mkl22

6 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

wahahahhahaha.......

make my toes laugh.... Golf R and WRX not playing with you la.

or its a 1.2 golf tsi with golf R badging and a likewise fake WRX.

nobody here in australia is gonna put a fake badge on a car when we have countless of 500whp sleepers that look like shit from the outside.. it's not like singapore where people need to make their car more expensive than it looks. you can laugh all you want but like i said, my mazda 3 is not a 1.5 or 2L version.. 😉

Edited by louisbosco

11 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

nobody here in australia is gonna put a fake badge on a car when we have countless of 500whp sleepers that look like shit from the outside.. it's not like singapore where people need to make their car more expensive than it looks. you can laugh all you want but like i said, my mazda 3 is not a 1.5 or 2L version.. 😉

2.5 mazda 3 so what, still slower than a golf r or wrx. you must have been dreaming to think you can beat them.

nevermind la... i let small boys win if they think they know better.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

21 minutes ago, louisbosco said:

yeah of course. but when you look at the bigger picture. mazda has a much bigger engine to back things up in other places, which is the true representation of what the engineers were designing for between power to weight.  for eg. here in aus and in the us with the 2.0 and 2.5L.

However, for the toyota and advante as an example, whatever engines that you get in SG are mostly what they have overseas too. so you get a true representation of what the designers and engineers are designing for

which is why i say that mazda's in singapore aren't a true representation of design and engineering for weight and power since you miss out of 2/3s of the engine offereing

i think most of the debate here are in SG context. we can never get that 2.5L mz3 anyway

so its only realistic to just discuss what is available here in SG

and again, i have nothing against mazda, just pinponting the weight issue that 1.5l Mz3 we have here  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1