2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

13 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

i think most of the debate here are in SG context. we can never get that 2.5L mz3 anyway

so its only realistic to just discuss what is available here in SG

and again, i have nothing against mazda, just pinponting the weight issue that 1.5l Mz3 we have here  

Agreed. We are talking abt the 1.5L old engine in the SG version, no point comparing with something we don't get in SG.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

31 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

2.5 mazda 3 so what, still slower than a golf r or wrx. you must have been dreaming to think you can beat them.

nevermind la... i let small boys win if they think they know better.

if i really wanted to use something more powerful, i'd have taken my HSV GTS as a daily out..

your assumption that it is slower is based on figures in a brochure? maybe try to see the world and experience different region's market before making an assumption.. that way you'll have much for information and knowledge before you spout nonsense

28 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

i think most of the debate here are in SG context. we can never get that 2.5L mz3 anyway

so its only realistic to just discuss what is available here in SG

and again, i have nothing against mazda, just pinponting the weight issue that 1.5l Mz3 we have here  

14 minutes ago, Daniu82 said:

Agreed. We are talking abt the 1.5L old engine in the SG version, no point comparing with something we don't get in SG.

of course i get it. if i didn't move overseas and learn much more of cars, i wouldn't have known about a lot of different models that are usually b&b cars in sg. it's also important to take in various knowledge about models available overseas to understand why the car is built in a certain way. of course, sharing any information regarding whatsoever about a model regardless of region is also good information..

forget simi skyactiv-x, turbo engine and simi sai for mazda 3

even vw golf do not bring in the 150bhp/250NM for it's 1.4 TSI which is available as the base model in msia

in order to keep golf and mazda 3 in CAT A ... it's limited by the fck up policy of 130bhp ..... 

Edited by Wt_know

6 hours ago, louisbosco said:

yeah of course. but when you look at the bigger picture. mazda has a much bigger engine to back things up in other places, which is the true representation of what the engineers were designing for between power to weight.  for eg. here in aus and in the us with the 2.0 and 2.5L.

However, for the toyota and advante as an example, whatever engines that you get in SG are mostly what they have overseas too. so you get a true representation of what the designers and engineers are designing for

which is why i say that mazda's in singapore aren't a true representation of design and engineering for weight and power since you miss out of 2/3s of the engine offereing

Corolla in Singapore is limited to 1.6L.

Our neighbour is getting 1.8L & 2L.  A lot of times, what we get is not what it was designed for.

• Praise 1

24 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

Our neighbour is getting 1.8L & 2L.  A lot of times, what we get is not what it was designed for.

yes, we are screwed pay more for less ... sibei song ah!

27 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

What to do if want to drive on this island

there is a will ... there is a way

sgd$100k can buy a lao porky and park in jb ...

every weekend go clear carbon ... huat ah!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

6 hours ago, Wt_know said:

forget simi skyactiv-x, turbo engine and simi sai for mazda 3

even vw golf do not bring in the 150bhp/250NM for it's 1.4 TSI which is available as the base model in msia

in order to keep golf and mazda 3 in CAT A ... it's limited by the fck up policy of 130bhp ..... 

To be honest the price difference between Cat A and B is only a few Ks.. genuine buyers with fat wallets wont have an issue ordering the Cat B variants. 😆

5 minutes ago, Ceecookie said:

To be honest the price difference between Cat A and B is only a few Ks.. genuine buyers with fat wallets wont have an issue ordering the Cat B variants. 😆

yes. but AD is NOT bringing in because they only want to bring in the bare bone Cat A unit

if the better equip Cat B Mazda 3 HB price is trailing conti

buyer naturally will buy bare bone conti entry level Merc A180 and BMW 118i

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, louisbosco said:

......sharing any information regarding whatsoever about a model regardless of region is also good information..

and irrelevant, unless that model makes it onto our shores.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

and irrelevant, unless that model makes it onto our shores.

will only make us tulan

seeing what other market get as their base model .... lol

not knowing is better ... ignorance is bliss

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

will only make us tulan

seeing what other market get as their base model .... lol

not knowing is better ... ignorance is bliss

No need to tulan.

MZ3 2L is sold in Msia for 130k.  SGD40k cheap cheap only.

Same as ours, MIJ.

6 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

No one opened my boot in Malaysia.  My boot is locked/unlocked centrally.

It can happen so best not to enable the Auto Unlock door when change gear to park... you got no time to react when someone open your boot and take stuff away.. 🙂

1 hour ago, Davidtch said:

I remember last time altis comes in 1.6L and 1.8L here but think not many people buy the 1.8L.

↡ Advertisement