2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

14 minutes ago, Davidtch said:

My Mini has cruise control. I always use to drive in KPE.

If my car has ACC, I will use it on all my expressway drive.

does it matter if the traffic is heavy? sorry mine is just cruise control

I try to use it on KPE, i tend to brake a lot of times. Punggol population has ballooned haha

↡ Advertisement

Just now, SZ_ford said:

does it matter if the traffic is heavy? sorry mine is just cruise control

I try to use it on KPE, i tend to brake a lot of times. Punggol population has ballooned haha

It doesn’t matter whether traffic heavy or not, it will follow the car in front.

The only thing to take note is whether it is a full or partial system.

For partial system, driver need to brake if complete stop.

Adaptive Cruise Control is a godsend. Have it on mine too, though it’s not a mz3 (am driving an insignia). 

Bascially can take your foot off the pedal, but cautious driver might feel insecure about it though. 

• Praise 1

22 minutes ago, Terence2112 said:

Adaptive Cruise Control is a godsend. Have it on mine too, though it’s not a mz3 (am driving an insignia). 

Bascially can take your foot off the pedal, but cautious driver might feel insecure about it though. 

To me a cruise control is already a god sent. An adaptive cruise control is way much better.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, Terence2112 said:

The system react much faster than your foot. 

Only need to mindful whether your car is full or partial system.

On 9/9/2019 at 12:38 AM, trevgx said:

hHi all. I just gotten my COE on 4 Sept for a Mazda 3 sedan classic. This will be my first car and my decision to buy the classic is purely based on budget and the fact the the complex AI monitoring may confuse my mum who will sometimes use it. My initial plan was to either get a 2nd hand mazda 3 with about 6mth warranty left so i could send it in for checks after i bought it but those come at about $69k to $71k, I'll probably have to spend some money to replace the tyres soon too. The other option was Suzuki Swift, pricedat $72,900, which is a comfortable price. After test driving the swift and a 2nd hand mazda 3, i went to Star Vista for coffee. Came across the mazda roadshow and saw the interior of the new 3 very luxurious and tot, it'll be impossible to afford it, plus the fact that mazda has always been deemed to be sold at a premium in its class, until the salesperson showed me the price list. $89k, and 1.99% interest rate. I just had to fork out another $12k for downpayment due to the 40% requirement then the monthly loan is about the same. So I decided to buy a mazda 3 2019. Still awaiting for further processes as i'm away on a work trip.

on the colours, i was very tempted to get the soul red but read online about it being defective and easily cracked and chipped. Also, if need to touch up any scratches would be a headache. So i ordered the Titanium Flash Mica. Any comments on this? =]

Congrats!

Good choice for titanium

89k new car is better than a 2-3 year older Maz3 model.

Like what other bros said, enjoy the new Maz 3 model, do not compare anymore

When coe was high, Maz 3 used to go for 130k plus

• Praise 9

1 hour ago, Kinbalight said:

Anyone who ordered the Crystal Red Astina hatch collected car already?

No news from my SE yet

Hatchy is usually slightly longer wait time than sedan, but perhaps crystal red is also one of the least popular ones..

2 hours ago, Kinbalight said:

Anyone who ordered the Crystal Red Astina hatch collected car already?

No news from my SE yet

havent seen a red one on the roads but other colours, i've seen a few including blue/grey. 

now base model going for around 89k, those who got during launch without even seeing the car must be 🤣

Edited by ferrytales
  • Shocked 1

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, mscoffeeaddict said:

Getting my white sedan astina next week! 

Awesome! I'm awaiting my sales rep to collect the balance cheque from me tonight. First car, feeling jittery. Wondering whats the car plate number going to be. Thanks for the input from some of you guys. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, trevgx said:

Awesome! I'm awaiting my sales rep to collect the balance cheque from me tonight. First car, feeling jittery. Wondering whats the car plate number going to be. Thanks for the input from some of you guys. 

Haha you didnt feel heart pain at all? :D

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, mscoffeeaddict said:

It’s a change from the 2014 mazda3 for me ... somehow the Mazda 3 2019 attracted me compared to other cars we looked at/tried! 

White is a brave choice! Haha. I dun think I'll have the patience for the upkeeping. Did they throw in the Brila Coating for you? Maybe that'll help keep the dirt off easier.

Anyway seems like the model is so new that there aren't any accessories designed for it. Even JDM said they dun have anything for it. I'm more inclined to get protective scuffs for it.

Edited by trevgx

1 hour ago, trevgx said:

White is a brave choice! Haha. I dun think I'll have the patience for the upkeeping. Did they throw in the Brila Coating for you? Maybe that'll help keep the dirt off easier.

Anyway seems like the model is so new that there aren't any accessories designed for it. Even JDM said they dun have anything for it. I'm more inclined to get protective scuffs for it.

I'm also looking for the boot lip and boot tray for the hatchback...if u guys know anywhere to get let me know!

9 hours ago, trevgx said:

haha... actually the current is also white...back in 2014, the Brila was own cost... haha that helped quite a bit for me.... 

think for 2019, Brila is kind of like a standard freebie? 

interested in protective stuff too... update us! 

7 hours ago, mscoffeeaddict said:

haha... actually the current is also white...back in 2014, the Brila was own cost... haha that helped quite a bit for me.... 

think for 2019, Brila is kind of like a standard freebie? 

interested in protective stuff too... update us! 

How long can the Brila last. I ask for discount if I don't want the Brila coating, SE say all car already coated. 😅

You took the car cam?

↡ Advertisement