2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

On 9/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, Tanhangkiang said:

This car has good VES rebate for lower tax than Altis, hence it would be a value buy.

Check with Mazda sale exec, it has A1 for 20k rebate.

i double checked with LTA's website, it is A2 for -10k, hence -20k is a wrong info.

initially, i saw the A1 -20k from the following website and choose to believe -20k is real.

https://www.------.com/new-cars/car-overview/5824/mazda-3-m-hybrid-1-5-hatchback-astina-a

Untitled.png

Edited by Tanhangkiang

Humm, just thinking why not wait until Q1 of 2020 for a supposed 2.0 liter skyactive X mazda 3 instead of the 1.5 version?

Cus on paper, the weight is increased from previous gen and without a turbo (like Honda Civic), its abit hard to justify the price point.🤔

6 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

Humm, just thinking why not wait until Q1 of 2020 for a supposed 2.0 liter skyactive X mazda 3 instead of the 1.5 version?

Cus on paper, the weight is increased from previous gen and without a turbo (like Honda Civic), its abit hard to justify the price point.🤔

For most local car buyers, price is the main factor. Hence if the 2 litre comes, it will likely be more than $120k which will be a challenge I feel.

Not everyone (in fact I would safely say most people) values performance esp as we drive in congested roads locally, my 2 cents.......

• Praise 8

1 hour ago, livingproof54 said:

Last check 2 days ago . 100k for elegance sedan version, in conjunction w their carnival sale over the wkend. This mazda ah... They think they Mercedes is it? So mysterious and playing hard to get. 

Ya man, why so mysterious when its a staple car. Last seen as I know is $108,888 for hatchback base model and think its $114 or $117K for astina spec.

Then again, I am shortlisting and more keen on Civic 1.5 Turbo Sunroof sedan though the shape of Mazda won me over.

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, Ka_kia said:

Ya man, why so mysterious when its a staple car. Last seen as I know is $108,888 for hatchback base model and think its $114 or $117K for astina spec.

Then again, I am shortlisting and more keen on Civic 1.5 Turbo Sunroof sedan though the shape of Mazda won me over.

I realised they did a trick - b4 carnival they markup by 6k. Then during the carnival they dropped to 100k so that the discount factor is more jarring. Tsk tsk tsk. Sales tactic. 

It is afterall a jap brand, not even cat b coe, I won pay anything more than 98k. I also shortlisted mazda 3 Sedan but the price is such a put off. 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ka_kia said:

If you consider the Mz3 HB had -10k rebate and Civic 1.5T neutral band, they are actually selling at the "same price" 😅

edited : with 60 more horses😉

Edited by kelaihoyin
  • Praise 2

While price difference between honda and mazda are significantly different, I do suggest looking beyond pricing and get what you guys really like. No point listening to others when your heart is going opposite.

Mazda 3 has a stack of technology which gives you better bang for bucks. Honda has honda equivalent sensing technology for turbo version, but if u dwell into the technicality you'll realise both are not on par. Given the better ride for turbo version, you sacrifice fuel efficiency, whereas mazda 3 slow and steady wont be thirsty for petrol thanks to the mild hybrid system. I used to pump petrol every 5 days. Now it's been 5 days since I last pumped and it's still have 3 quarter left, amounting to whopping 800+km total tank mileage. 

Edited by aztreonam

19 minutes ago, aztreonam said:

While price difference between honda and mazda are significantly different, I do suggest looking beyond pricing and get what you guys really like. No point listening to others when your heart is going opposite.

Mazda 3 has a stack of technology which gives you better bang for bucks. Honda has honda equivalent sensing technology for turbo version, but if u dwell into the technicality you'll realise both are not on par. Given the better ride for turbo version, you sacrifice fuel efficiency, whereas mazda 3 slow and steady wont be thirsty for petrol thanks to the mild hybrid system. I used to pump petrol every 5 days. Now it's been 5 days since I last pumped and it's still have 3 quarter left, amounting to whopping 800+km total tank mileage. 

What's the point of such much technology in an entry level car ? It just increase the percentage of things spoiling after the warranty period. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, RogerNg_185295 said:

What's the point of such much technology in an entry level car ? It just increase the percentage of things spoiling after the warranty period. 

I am sure you still using the construction worker type of handphone instead of smart phone.. very robust.. 🤣

But you are right. In the event the car hybrid Batt catch fire, you are seriously in trouble.

Hybrid is the way forward. How else to reduce emission ?

• Shocked 1

I see more Jap cars moving to higher price segment. New model Altis is coming soon and i suspect the pricing is going to be 100k to 110k range. So it seems that Civic 1.6 and Subaru Impreza maybe the cheapest among the Jap.

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, Roh96 said:

I see more Jap cars moving to higher price segment. New model Altis is coming soon and i suspect the pricing is going to be 100k to 110k range. So it seems that Civic 1.6 and Subaru Impreza maybe the cheapest among the Jap.

All the while altis not matter which generation, the price always expensive la. [rolleyes] Surprisingly that civic seems to have dropped their price now, cause thought civic all the while pricing also quite expensive de. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1