2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

Wonder what Mazda will display at its booth at next week's motorshow. Sky-Activ X Mazda 3 and facelifted Mazda 2 ?

↡ Advertisement

7 minutes ago, Shouyi said:

Wonder what Mazda will display at its booth at next week's motorshow. Sky-Activ X Mazda 3 and facelifted Mazda 2 ?

The TEK sales staff I talked to said they Mazda won't be bringing in the Skyactive X engine to ASEAN. Something about us not having an extensive network of EURO 6 ready petrol stations. Only Japan and Europe will be getting the Skyactive X engine. 

Not sure how true. Was told this when doing an extended test drive of the Mazda 3. 

Neutral Newbie
2 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

I thought all new Mazda 3 came with factory DRL, why are u installing them again? And all these cool navy blue lights are illegal. 

Haha...ya think better don't invite more trouble. Thanks bro! 👍

3 hours ago, Shouyi said:

CX-30

• Praise 1

6 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

The TEK sales staff I talked to said they Mazda won't be bringing in the Skyactive X engine to ASEAN. Something about us not having an extensive network of EURO 6 ready petrol stations. Only Japan and Europe will be getting the Skyactive X engine. 

Not sure how true. Was told this when doing an extended test drive of the Mazda 3. 

Here in SG we always get the good stuff late...

Having said that, the EURO 6 ready petrol kiosk thing is bulls***. We Singaporeans actually have more premium petrol than some other developed countries (of course RON and Octane number different thing). In addition, the Skyactiv-X was touted to actually perform BETTER on lower RON petrol because of its use of compression ignition (like diesel), and the lower the RON rating, the easier it is to ignite by compression alone.

The new Mazda 3 is heavier and larger than the older one, which is why it would benefit greatly from a more enthusiastic powerplant. A common gripe about the current gen Mazda 3 is its hesitancy when it comes to pick-up when you floor the accelerator.

I have also spoken to TEK sales people before, and the answer I get is "not yet, maybe Q4 2020 or Q1 2021".

It doesn't always pay to be an early adopter of new tech. Let the other countries be the guinea pigs and "test" it out for us first, and let Mazda iron out any bugs along the way. By the time it gets here it will have been put through the mill, and hopefully most of the issues would have been sorted.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

On 1/3/2020 at 3:30 PM, Shouyi said:

Cx-30 is definitely coming this motorshow. Size between cx3 and cx5

59623A93-47CF-40EF-9F28-9E590EB0297F.jpeg

Edited by thesoul
  • Praise 4

8 minutes ago, thesoul said:

Cx-30 is definitely coming this motorshow. Size between cx3 and cx5

59623A93-47CF-40EF-9F28-9E590EB0297F.jpeg

Looks like an oversized hatchback?!😂

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Looks like an oversized hatchback?!😂

CX30 is definitely coming to singapore, heard from TEK SE already. The design language will be the same as mazda 3, having the same 7th mazda connect and perhaps mild-hybrid version also. Not sure if it will come with skyactiv-X.

the platform cx30 will be sitting is the same as mazda 3 mild hybrid.

On 1/3/2020 at 12:12 PM, LKY75 said:

Hi all, may i know will install this void my warranty? 

Day time running light.jpg

These days the vehicle inspection very strict ...  my old M3 reverse light changed to LED also failed, need to change back. Front Solar film 66% also failed, need to tear off (after tear off, the stock windscreen is already at 78%.. think can only install very light film as the passing is 70%) ...  so better stay stock unless willing to spend money to remove 3 years later for inspection.. ha ha     

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Brainstorm said:

These days the vehicle inspection very strict ...  my old M3 reverse light changed to LED also failed, need to change back. Front Solar film 66% also failed, need to tear off (after tear off, the stock windscreen is already at 78%.. think can only install very light film as the passing is 70%) ...  so better stay stock unless willing to spend money to remove 3 years later for inspection.. ha ha     

I think he is asking about TEK warranty.

18 hours ago, aztreonam said:

CX30 is definitely coming to singapore, heard from TEK SE already. The design language will be the same as mazda 3, having the same 7th mazda connect and perhaps mild-hybrid version also. Not sure if it will come with skyactiv-X.

the platform cx30 will be sitting is the same as mazda 3 mild hybrid.

Not particularly exciting. Was hoping for them to actually bring in the Mazda 6 Signature with the 2.5 T engine. If you notice, the Luxury variant for the Mazda 6 2.5 L has been missing for a while now...

Same goes for the CX-5 with the 2.5 T powerplant. Currently for some reason TEK only has the 2.0 NA models left for the CX-5. But that is really quite under-powered.

Supercharged
On 1/2/2020 at 8:11 AM, GTO-1 said:

Can't take the awards seriously. 

They said the Mitsubishi Outlander is the best large SUV of year. In what world is the Outlander better than every other large SUV besides price? It beat out the Cx9 which is better in every way, but not even in the same category, especially given that its a cool 60-70% more expensive than the outlander. Its also built on a platform that is years old. 

Some weird judging going on there. 

You heard of paid marketing?

You pay enough $$$, even Attrage also can become COTY

• Praise 1

Supercharged
10 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

I fully support vehicle inspection going strict.. especially on tinting.

So many cars zooming around (esp PHVs) with near opaque windows.

• Praise 2

On 1/3/2020 at 10:28 PM, DK3410 said:

Having said that, the EURO 6 ready petrol kiosk thing is bulls***. We Singaporeans actually have more premium petrol than some other developed countries (of course RON and Octane number different thing). In addition, the Skyactiv-X was touted to actually perform BETTER on lower RON petrol because of its use of compression ignition (like diesel), and the lower the RON rating, the easier it is to ignite by compression alone.

when they talk about premium petrol in EURO 6 standards, they are not talking about the petrol grade (ie. RON and Octane number) they are referring to the fuel parts per million (PPM) or rather sulphur content for both petrol and diesel.  

this article can illustrate more but it's an australian website (since i live here now)https://www.racv.com.au/membership/member-benefits/royalauto/archive/sulfur-in-australia-petrol.html

i actually only know more this because of this issue..

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/porsche-retracts-macan-petrol-particulate-filter-claim

https://www.caradvice.com.au/783737/peugeot-introduces-ppf-australia/

for those who don't know, EURO 6 doesn't only mean diesel but also petrol. euro 6 petrol needs to have 10ppm but some third world country like where i'm living have 150ppm in 91 and 50ppm in 95 and 98..

• Praise 2

17 hours ago, DK3410 said:

Not particularly exciting. Was hoping for them to actually bring in the Mazda 6 Signature with the 2.5 T engine. If you notice, the Luxury variant for the Mazda 6 2.5 L has been missing for a while now...

Same goes for the CX-5 with the 2.5 T powerplant. Currently for some reason TEK only has the 2.0 NA models left for the CX-5. But that is really quite under-powered.

Very sad they have stop selling the CX5 2.5L models in SG. The 2L is so weak for the CX5..

The real reason is because SG will get the CX8 in 2nd quarter. Once again, we will be denied of the 2.2 diesel, the 2.5L Skyactiv G will be sole engine for the CX8. 

I heard that the CX8 will be imported from Malaysia since Mazda has invested heavily in the Kedah plant and it has a capacity for SE Asia market distribution 

Both the CX30 and CX8 are already on sale in bolehland, no Skyactiv X engine in sight.

↡ Advertisement