2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

46 minutes ago, Cheefarn said:

Very sad they have stop selling the CX5 2.5L models in SG. The 2L is so weak for the CX5..

The real reason is because SG will get the CX8 in 2nd quarter. Once again, we will be denied of the 2.2 diesel, the 2.5L Skyactiv G will be sole engine for the CX8. 

I heard that the CX8 will be imported from Malaysia since Mazda has invested heavily in the Kedah plant and it has a capacity for SE Asia market distribution 

Both the CX30 and CX8 are already on sale in bolehland, no Skyactiv X engine in sight.

just had a look on sgcarmart. it's a shame there isn't the 2.5T from mazda's stable of engines being sold in SG. no CX-9, no 2.5T in the 6 or CX-5.. 😪

Edited by louisbosco
↡ Advertisement

On 1/5/2020 at 12:27 PM, Brainstorm said:

These days the vehicle inspection very strict ...  my old M3 reverse light changed to LED also failed, need to change back. Front Solar film 66% also failed, need to tear off (after tear off, the stock windscreen is already at 78%.. think can only install very light film as the passing is 70%) ...  so better stay stock unless willing to spend money to remove 3 years later for inspection.. ha ha     

Can you please share which inspection centre that you went to? Thanks.

2 hours ago, louisbosco said:

just had a look on sgcarmart. it's a shame there isn't the 2.5T from mazda's stable of engines being sold in SG. no CX-9, no 2.5T in the 6 or CX-5.. 😪

What talking u bro? The 2.5L Mazda 6 are still available. Its sad that the 2.5L CX5 is no longer being imported into SG although thats the best selling model worldwide. See attached PDF. 

Ignore the prices in the PDF. Its lesser than what's stated but the prices are still way too high in relation to the the respective Mazda's OMV. 

20191219-mazda-cat-b-pricelist.pdf

Edited by Cheefarn
  • Praise 1

5 hours ago, Cheefarn said:

What talking u bro? The 2.5L Mazda 6 are still available. Its sad that the 2.5L CX5 is no longer being imported into SG although thats the best selling model worldwide. See attached PDF. 

Ignore the prices in the PDF. Its lesser than what's stated but the prices are still way too high in relation to the the respective Mazda's OMV. 

20191219-mazda-cat-b-pricelist.pdf

oh my bad didn't realise they sold the CX-9. must've overlooked the webpage..

but anyway 2.5 in the 6 and CX5 is not the highest available currently. there is a 2.5 turbo available for the CX-5 and 6. that makes the both of them have decent power..

19 hours ago, louisbosco said:

oh my bad didn't realise they sold the CX-9. must've overlooked the webpage..

but anyway 2.5 in the 6 and CX5 is not the highest available currently. there is a 2.5 turbo available for the CX-5 and 6. that makes the both of them have decent power..

But the CX-9 they're selling now is not the highest specced one they were selling previously.

At 1 time there was this CX-9 AWD Super Luxury, which, in addition to AWD, had all the bells and whistles (safety tech) AND the luxury stuff like Nappa leather seats, etc.

To be very honest, on Singapore roads, you will rarely, if ever, require AWD, so your AWD vehicle basically functions in 2WD mode 99.9% of the time. Note that this differs from the Symmetrical-AWD of Subaru's platform, where the 4WD is active ALL the time.

8 hours ago, DK3410 said:

To be very honest, on Singapore roads, you will rarely, if ever, require AWD, so your AWD vehicle basically functions in 2WD mode 99.9% of the time. Note that this differs from the Symmetrical-AWD of Subaru's platform, where the 4WD is active ALL the time.

i know the AWD was built for much harsher climate, but i feel that with the rain during monsoon season. AWD is indeed useful in singapore..

and if you want to chiong from traffic light to traffic light, it will also help activate the AWD in the rear for traction if you put your foot down far enough..

On 1/5/2020 at 11:23 PM, t0y0ta said:

I fully support vehicle inspection going strict.. especially on tinting.

So many cars zooming around (esp PHVs) with near opaque windows.

I fully agree with you bro. 

For tinting, windows already so dark, yet they install the magnetic shades that leaves only a quadrant to look at the side view mirror. 1. That impedes them from checking blind spot, so many near miss and side swipe cases. 2. They can use their handphone while driving as the the magnetic shade is shielding them from others eyes.

Owners that zhng their illegal stuffs such as tinting, exhausts, smoked tail lights, after-market LED, fog lights/DRL (damn they are glaring till irritates you) etc... and when it is inspection time, their will change back to the originals to pass the inspection. Or they would try their luck with the zhng and if fail, they will put back the originals, go and pass the inspection and zhng back again.

Inspection centres should be more vigilant in detecting these and with records of cars that fail such inspections first time but pass another miraculously, they should team up with LTA and send them these data. LTA should pay a visit to the owners a certain time after their inspections to check their cars. I can tell you 10 out of 10 will fix back their illegally-modded stuffs after their inspection. After all, they can drive for another 2 years before the next inspection (assuming is a less than 10 year-old car). 

*Wanna zhng, dun scared. Scared, dun zhng. 

Cheers!

Edited by Wormee

The new Mazda 3 is really nice. Hopefully PHV will not flood the road with this model and damage the car image, just like the Honda Vezel and previous Mz 3.

On 1/6/2020 at 12:21 PM, louisbosco said:

Face it, ask yourself seriously, how many will buy? They need something that will PROBABLY sell than something that looks attractive yet not moving. To start with, these premium units are not moving much too. 

On 1/7/2020 at 4:05 PM, DK3410 said:

But the CX-9 they're selling now is not the highest specced one they were selling previously.

At 1 time there was this CX-9 AWD Super Luxury, which, in addition to AWD, had all the bells and whistles (safety tech) AND the luxury stuff like Nappa leather seats, etc.

You can still get the cx9 Super Luxury, but it's indent basis only. I know because I asked at the dealership. The only cx9's they have in stock is the lowest-end 2wd model. To be fair, saying lowest-end isn't fair because the super luxury and luxury only differ by AWD, and very basic things like frame less rear view mirror. 

By going lowest end, they are offering the cx9 at $17k off list price. 

2 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Spent 2 days in Tokyo and spotted just one Mazda 3 fastback on the road.

tbh, i don't even remember seeing any new mazda 3 or mazdas on my recent trip in november. the 1 thing about tokyo that i'll always clearly rememeber is G wagons. AMG or not, everybody seems to be driving one. 

1 hour ago, Sopskysalat said:

Face it, ask yourself seriously, how many will buy? They need something that will PROBABLY sell than something that looks attractive yet not moving. To start with, these premium units are not moving much too. 

my initial reply has nothing about looking attractive, it's more about the engine configuration. 2.5NA is a mazda 3 spec engine for the most of the world. the same engine in a heavier vehicle like the cx-5 and 6 is underpowered. when the 2.5 turbo came out in the 6, it also gave the cx5 some decent power. yeah the NA is enough, but it never hurts to have that little more torque with the turbo..

but if mazda is seriously looking to go upmarket in the company direction for the future, they need to have a relook at who their competitors are. because it likely won't be toyota, honda or nissan and the likes. it'll very likely be VW and entry level GLA, X1 etc.. which are all powered by small capacity turbo engines.. 

1 hour ago, louisbosco said:

tbh, i don't even remember seeing any new mazda 3 or mazdas on my recent trip in november. the 1 thing about tokyo that i'll always clearly rememeber is G wagons. AMG or not, everybody seems to be driving one. 

my initial reply has nothing about looking attractive, it's more about the engine configuration. 2.5NA is a mazda 3 spec engine for the most of the world. the same engine in a heavier vehicle like the cx-5 and 6 is underpowered. when the 2.5 turbo came out in the 6, it also gave the cx5 some decent power. yeah the NA is enough, but it never hurts to have that little more torque with the turbo..

but if mazda is seriously looking to go upmarket in the company direction for the future, they need to have a relook at who their competitors are. because it likely won't be toyota, honda or nissan and the likes. it'll very likely be VW and entry level GLA, X1 etc.. which are all powered by small capacity turbo engines.. 

Always spotted Benz. Occasionally a Lambo or a McLaren.

Ystd when I was at Motorshow with my wife courtesy of free tickets, we wasn't intending to look at Mazda. But when m we casually decided to try and sit inside Mz3 like an average kaypoh Singaporean, holy F! That interior quality! We were so shocked! It reminds us of the interior of IS300t which we tried just moments before. 

Now I can't stop thinking bout it... Problem is how to settle my 6mths old Honda Fit sianzzzzzzzz

13 hours ago, Discoburg said:

Always spotted Benz. Occasionally a Lambo or a McLaren.

exactly. mclaren too. remember reading somewhere that tokyo/japan has the biggest number of mclaren/ mclaren owners..

• Praise 1