2019 All new Mazda 3

csy_sky

On 1/13/2020 at 10:08 AM, MYFIRSTTIME said:

Hello bros!

Just put down deposit ytd on the Mazda 3 Elegance after motorshow...

First car! Jin excited.. hope it serves me and my wife well!

It will lor, it has the best interior in its segment.

To me the main downside is lack of rear leg-room. Which will not be a problem unless you have tall teenagers at the back.

1 hour ago, DK3410 said:

To me the main downside is lack of rear leg-room. Which will not be a problem unless you have tall teenagers at the back.

Mai siao siao SG car mart Car of the year leh.

43 minutes ago, teomingern said:

Aiyoh... that's not a good thing... minimal power but adds significant weight...

Which is why I'm holding out for the SkyActiv-X to come to SG. It adds a fair amount of power to the currently under-powered Mazda-3.

But then again, there's also the new Corolla Altis 1.8L Hybrid.

Edited by DK3410

3 hours ago, DK3410 said:

Whilst the rear legroom is abit tight and worse still for tall passengers, most of the competitor cars like Altis not that better off I think.

What is also a concern is the lack of power for this car in my opinion. Anyone tested Altis for comparison on power??

• Praise 5

20 minutes ago, Spring said:

Whilst the rear legroom is abit tight and worse still for tall passengers, most of the competitor cars like Altis not that better off I think.

What is also a concern is the lack of power for this car in my opinion. Anyone tested Altis for comparison on power??

I haven't but will do so soon 🙂

From what I've been reading on the forums, the new Altis has worse legroom compared to the outgoing model because of a switch in rear suspension from Torsion Beam to Double Wishbone.

Not too sure about the specifics, but will go and look-see.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, DK3410 said:

I haven't but will do so soon 🙂

From what I've been reading on the forums, the new Altis has worse legroom compared to the outgoing model because of a switch in rear suspension from Torsion Beam to Double Wishbone.

Not too sure about the specifics, but will go and look-see.

Thought mazda 3 is using torsion beam and yet also lack of rear legroom?!

Edited by 13177

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Yes, the result in the suspension switch from multi-links to torsion beam was an improvement in boot space, which is, to me, ginormous for this segment. Why they did it this way I have no clue... Sigh.

It unfortunately isn't a big plus because it makes the boot deep but not very wide, so kind of difficult take out stuff that you've loaded all the way in.

Maybe the Transporter 6 can feature Mazda 3 next! Pretty sure Shu Qi will fit in it very nicely 😛

Edited by DK3410

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

mazda also have a hump in the frame floor for the AWD shaft for AWD markets.. past corollas have no floor hump, not sure about this new one..

Edited by louisbosco

10 hours ago, louisbosco said:

mazda also have a hump in the frame floor for the AWD shaft for AWD markets.. past corollas have no floor hump, not sure about this new one..

I always have the impression that a hump in the centre of the car only find in luxury cars?! For B&B cars now, thought mostly should be flat floor in the centre of the car lo. Maybe i was wrong? Lol.

Edited by 13177

34 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I always have the impression that a hump in the centre of the car only find in luxury cars?! For B&B cars now, thought mostly should be flat floor in the centre of the car lo. Maybe i was wrong? Lol.

The hump in the centre is there because most luxury cars are RWD. Thus, there is the need to provision space for the drive shaft. 

The new Mazda 3 has AWD variants in other markets and thus the hump, unlike the Altis which is strictly FWD worldwide which is why the floor can be relatively flat. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, possible to add me to whatsapp group? Been driving M3 for few weeks and hope to learn more from you guys. Thanks

↡ Advertisement